Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

SallyPirate

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
There's far better conspiracy theories to tinfoil up for. I'm not going to bother defending allegations about shadow admins existing or not because no matter what I say you won't believe me, on account of my name having a little plus next to it. Conspiracies only exist because the people supporting them refute evidence dismantling their theories, after all.

roopot

The Great Leper
Legend
Retired Staff
I appreciate you letting us know. Maybe it could become a routine in any case of a sudden admin's departure?
Often times when an admin disappears abruptly nothing is said but there is a tense feeling around the server- and I'm well aware that incidents like this can probably be counted on one hand but they still echo in the virtual space that binds us all.

We don't want details, we don't want to steer up old arguments nor do we want to rub salt. We want both a chance to bid farewell to a person who put an extraordinary amount of time and dedication for little to no gratitude and to know what is going on with the community.
This is standard practice already for the very rare occasion an admin needs to be banned. In this case it was for the reasons as stated before by Som.

When an admin- an old admin- disappears out of blue, you can wager that the rumormongers will have their way.
"Maybe this admin was banned"
-"oh, that's ridiculous! Who would ban an admin and not let everyone know?"
"A shadow-admin"

And on that note I might as well say that I'm a true believer of shadow-admins. Not as mysterious players who use Som as a front to manage the community, but a few indevitialls who are with close proximity to the staff and might have access to some commands they are not supposed to have or have a direct influence to the staff's activities and agenda.

Im probably wrong- Id love if anyone could debunk this.
People who try to pay us a lot of money to get op/access to commands tend to get banned pretty quickly. This has not happened very often. Also one of the founding ideals of the server was that the staff are staff by merit only.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
...The plugins literally scan and give you people's rank and access by permissions, I don't even understand where theory of all things could even come from. The chat plugin pulls from permission rank to get colour. If someone has staff perms they get a little plus sign.

I do want to say I'll try to preface all subsequent bans with "SENT TO THE SHADOW REALM" however.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
This is standard practice already for the very rare occasion an admin needs to be banned. In this case it was for the reasons as stated before by Som.

People who try to pay us a lot of money to get op/access to commands tend to get banned pretty quickly. This has not happened very often. Also one of the founding ideals of the server was that the staff are staff by merit only.
I'm still waiting for the thread about Cubey's disappearance..

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I'm still waiting for the thread about Cubey's disappearance..
She didn't like the direction the server was going and left by herself. I believe she was automatically dewhitelisted at the 6 month mark like everyone else who doesn't log in.

Mryosi

Lord of Altera
She didn't like the direction the server was going and left by herself. I believe she was automatically dewhitelisted at the 6 month mark like everyone else who doesn't log in.
You see- that's the point. She was an admin and she decided to leave it wasn't common knowledge. When an admin as old as Cubey leaves the least we, the community should get is a little annoucment on her departure. If it's personal, just say "personal reasons" and I promise you that no one will dig any further.

And as a site note- a few months ago I bugged Som about it and she said that Cubey left and then asked Som to ban her.
I got even more examples..

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
You see- that's the point. She was an admin and she decided to leave it wasn't common knowledge. When an admin as old as Cubey leaves the least we, the community should get is a little annoucment on her departure. If it's personal, just say "personal reasons" and I promise you that no one will dig any further.

And as a site note- a few months ago I bugged Som about it and she said that Cubey left and then asked Som to ban her.
Shush, you're derailing the point of the thread, if you have a problem, there is a suggestion thread you can use c:

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil

is this the real life or is this fantasy

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
She's got IRL stuff going on. When she can, she comes online.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
To Sally, we spoke once and you said you liked Leonardo Di Caprio. You are forever a legend. ~BoredBrit

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good

There are no admins, staff is just staff. I've had other staff members leave the team, and generally speaking, I leave it up to them as to whether they say anything or not, unless there is an overriding reason. The reason I said something about Sally is because I know people have been wondering, and she has been a huge part of this community for just about four years. Cubey wasn't even a very prominent staff member when she came back to my staff team, she just did odd jobs, usually WE, here and there. The first time she left I wasn't even staff. The second time she left, I didn't think it warranted a thread like this because she hadn't been back that long.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Let's also realize that some people don't want it to be largely public that they're leaving. If someone leaves, just assume it's because of personal reasons until told otherwise. The whole theory about "shadow admins" is stupid, to put it bluntly. Sally is gone, and we're all going to miss her; but no one can stay a part of an online community forever.

Such is life.

Somnastra

Puppycat Herder
Events Staff
Lore Staff
Good
Staff
Retired Owner
Somnastra
Somnastra
Good
Let's also realize that some people don't want it to be largely public that they're leaving. If someone leaves, just assume it's because of personal reasons until told otherwise. The whole theory about "shadow admins" is stupid, to put it bluntly. Sally is gone, and we're all going to miss her; but no one can stay a part of an online community forever.

Such is life.
Thank you.

TheDeester

One so Bereft of Light
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Evil
Staff
Shadow Hedgehog
Pronouns
He/Him
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
I for one welcome our new shadow admin overlords.