San's 1.12.2 Guide To Updating and Conquest

Sankera

Lord of Altera
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
Ornaments2.png
world.png
How to Mods and Conquest

Yeah hi, it's me, your friendly neighbourhood Sankera and the full-time player for making things easy for you guys and also Conquest. As you all know by now the server is updating and all that jazz. I'm just here to make a way too long intro to this post so I can get staff to like me.

How to: Minecraft mods, a reminder.
Step 1: Download Forge for actually allowing mods to work. The Installer will do for both Windows and Mac. [X]
Step 2: Run that stuff mah dude, all that needs to be selected is the client, which it is by default, so don't mess that up.
Step 3: Start up the Minecraft Launcher, go to Launch Options and press Add new. Name it whatever you want, all that's important is that you change the version to [Release 1.12.2-forge-etc. etc.]. For those that use shaders, turn on JVM arguments and put in [-Xmx2G -Xms2G]
Step 4: Run Minecraft once with the new version selected.

Now comes the fun part, aka downloading mods that you might wanna use.

Optifine:
This is the stuff that makes Minecraft run better, also more options to make the game look pretty and make HD resource packs work and not make leaves glitch.

Step 1: Download it my darling. [X]
Step 2: Once it's downloaded go to your search function and type in [%appdata%]. There you will find .Minecraft, in there, is a new mods folder. Drag it in and you're done.

Schemetica:
Don't pay for WE because you're a cheapskate and smart. Aka 3D blueprints of builds with a print function.

Step 1: Download it and the mod it needs to run, LunatriusCore. [X] [X]
Step 2: Same as above, drag it into the mod folder and enjoy.

Conquest Resourcepack:
Aka the only resource pack I use because it's well maintained, has a lot of details and stuff and feels very nice and medieval. Also, it has a big ton of extra things.

Step 1: Download it. [X]
Step 2: Ingame in your option screen there's a tab that says resource folder, click it. There click the open folder button and drag the zip/rar file you download in there.

Custom weapons and Armour
Step 1: look at these links [X] [X].
Step 2: Whatever item you want has a little grey box [...]. In there are the items that you can use for that specific custom texture.
Step 3: Take said item and rename it to whatever it's called through an Anvil. As by MC standard, this costs 1 level of XP.
Step 4: Be the Ahnald knight waving a zweihander you always wanted to be.

Now I dump videos about Conquest and go to sleep. Id put more effort into this if it wasn't 23:41

Last edited:

The Tottot

Lord of Altera
Legend
MemeLordTot
MemeLordTot
Legend
Go away Sank! I'm gonna procrastinate as long as possible then complain with immense desperation when I can't figure why it won't work! Don't try and give me a smart and well thought out tutorial at a good time ahead of release so that I can be prepared! BEGONE THOT!!!

Cap

Lord of Altera
For ease of RP, I've compiled all the lore-friendly weapons included in the new update and am listing their names and models. To use these weapons, you rename them to the desired name in an anvil. It is not case sensitive. The weapon names are in order from left to right. The ingame weapons have some spelling mistakes that may or may not be corrected in the future. Any sword or axe can be made into a melee weapon, and any bow can be made into a ranged weapon.

Crossbows
- Heavy Crossbow
- Medium Crossbow
- Light Crossbow

Bows
- Heavy Warbow
- English Longbow
- Warbow
- Shortbow

Daggers
- Hunting Knife
- Short Dagger
- Long Dagger

Swords
- Longsword
- Cutlass [out of timeframe, but people roleplay pirates regardless]
- Rapier
- Falchion
- Shortsword
- Viking Sword
- Bastardsword [typo]

Greatswords
- Heavy Greatsword [called zweihander or bidenhander IC]
- Wavy Greatsword [called zweihander or bidenhander IC]

Flails - These are animated ingame! The heads swing.
- Simple Flail
- Double Flail
- Spiky Flail
- Pole Flail [called just flail IC]

Spears
- Ranseur
- Yari [japanese, but the model works for an awlpike]
- Sarissa [pre-timeframe, but the model works for a pike or lance]
- Polelance [called just spear IC]
- Short Spear

Halberds
- Heavy Halbert [typo]
- Medium Halberd
- Valtin Halberd
- Orcish Halbert [typo, works for any race as dark-coloured metal]

Hammers
- Heavy Crowbeak
- Polehammer
- Heavy Warhammer [called maul or sledge IC]

Axes
- Broadaxe
- Bearded Hatchlet [typo]
- Crowbeak Hatchlet [typo]
- Small Battleaxe
- Bardiche
- Largeaxe [called just axe IC]
- Bearded Battleaxe

Last edited:

Cap

Lord of Altera

Maces
- Small Wooden Club
- Large Wooden Club
- Heavy Mace
- Spiked Mace
- Spiked Club

Glaives
- Crowbeak Glaive
- Orcish Warscythe [works for any race as dark-coloured metal]
- Heavy Glaive
- Simple Polearm [called a voulge or glaive IC]
- Billhook
- Voulge
- Warscythe [also called a glaive]

Forks
- Simple Trident
- Pitchfork
- Military Fork

Staves
- Warstaff
- Fighting Staff
I'll update this post with the non-lore friendly items and the non-weapon items in a bit.

Raal

It took a lot to get here
Staff member
Raalvara
Raalvara
Bless all of you wonderful people and the work you put in. I literally broke my minecraft believing it was broken when it was not, and then spent 2 hours putting things back together.

Rossu

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Rossu_
Rossu_
LegendMystic

Maces
- Small Wooden Club
- Large Wooden Club
- Heavy Mace
- Spiked Mace
- Spiked Club

Glaives
- Crowbeak Glaive
- Orcish Warscythe [works for any race as dark-coloured metal]
- Heavy Glaive
- Simple Polearm [called a voulge or glaive IC]
- Billhook
- Voulge
- Warscythe [also called a glaive]

Forks
- Simple Trident
- Pitchfork
- Military Fork

Staves
- Warstaff
- Fighting Staff
I'll update this post with the non-lore friendly items and the non-weapon items in a bit.
thank you

Vincentius

Spleen's Goblin
Mentor
Vinsintius
Vinsintius
I believe I may have stumbled upon a slight conundrum tonight. I decided to download Shaders whilst updating Conquest and such, and found that the textures of ground blocks (grass, dirt, gravel, stones, clays, and probably a fair load of other things) spazz and glitch out constantly. I flipped between a few different shaderpacks, and they all suffered from this effect with.. varying degrees of severity. I have high doubts that this is an issue with my own PC, as I very recently upgraded its graphics capabilities, and every other aspect of Shaders runs absolutely pristine. It's just some select textures that have gone haywire.

I've settled with the fact that this is likely due to Conquest 1.12's new effect of "blending" textures of some blocks together (tree stumps vaguely melding with dirt for the illusion of roots, for instance).
It's possible that I may be the only one stuck in this dilemma, but I personally see it as more likely that all of the fancy texture mish-mash between Conquest 1.12 and Shader packs is just jacking with visuals.

Who knows, I guess. Maybe I'm just ignorant. I'll post a separate thread on this if deemed necessary.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
I believe I may have stumbled upon a slight conundrum tonight. I decided to download Shaders whilst updating Conquest and such, and found that the textures of ground blocks (grass, dirt, gravel, stones, clays, and probably a fair load of other things) spazz and glitch out constantly. I flipped between a few different shaderpacks, and they all suffered from this effect with.. varying degrees of severity. I have high doubts that this is an issue with my own PC, as I very recently upgraded its graphics capabilities, and every other aspect of Shaders runs absolutely pristine. It's just some select textures that have gone haywire.

I've settled with the fact that this is likely due to Conquest 1.12's new effect of "blending" textures of some blocks together (tree stumps vaguely melding with dirt for the illusion of roots, for instance).
It's possible that I may be the only one stuck in this dilemma, but I personally see it as more likely that all of the fancy texture mish-mash between Conquest 1.12 and Shader packs is just jacking with visuals.

Who knows, I guess. Maybe I'm just ignorant. I'll post a separate thread on this if deemed necessary.
oh yeah I got that too, I'll post here if I find a fix

Sir Arc

Legend of Altera
Patron
Sir_Arc
Sir_Arc
Patron
So hmm I tried renaming a bow to 'English Longbow' but it doesn't seem to work for me, is there something else I must download or do?