Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

seannie's Application [Approved - Niko]

seannie

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
seannie

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Canada

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Sure have.

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
The act of meta gaming occurs when a player extracts information through ways not tied in with roleplay and utilizes them in roleplay.

The act of power gaming occurs when a player operates his character far above the limits of what is realistic.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
"7. Client-side mods intended to give a benefit to the player otherwise not available in vanilla Minecraft are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, flymod, and X-Ray mod (and X-Ray texturepacks). If you want to know if a mod is allowed, ask a Staff member first before presuming it is okay."

No.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7 (223Hero7)

8. Tell us about yourself!
Avid fan of history, specifically the European theater, which has attracted me to the Total War and Paradox game-series. The Witcher, Berserk, Dark Souls are my favorite fantastical universes. My main ambition in life is to enlist into the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Probably considered an average person.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
N/A

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Applying together with wealthypiano, who informed me of this server. How he found out, I have no clue.

Character Name:
Albrecht Richtofen Rauen.

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Albrecht boasts short dark hair, that despite his best efforts, remain unkempt, it is accompanied with a pair of inquisitive-like grey eyes that perpetually frown. He stands tall at 6'2, and weighs approximately 200lbs. While not restricted to, his most common outfit to be found in is his tunic that contains a padded gambeson snuggled underneath, it is paired with rugged pair of brown gloves and weathered boots that have seen many travels. Usually found with a uninteresting set of pants.

Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

Born within the hinterlands of the defunct Anhaldian Empire at the time, the one that was disbanded by its Emperor, Aleksandar Hallon; Albrecht lived a fruitful life in his early years. Usually unchecked by the local provincial authorities, Albrecht and his family lived together as hunters and fishermen, their home conveniently located near a lake that provided an income of fish to sustain from and right on the outskirts of a vast forest.

Their lengthy distance from any other sources of civilization granted Albrecht much freedom to do as he wished; so he learned the arts of a bow and how to hunt with it. Even this far out in the wilderness, Albrecht also had the chance to learn the words of Common written down, for his father had once lived within Queensport as a educated denizen; prior to falling in love with Albrecht's mother, a daughter of a furrier. His father brought along with him the meager supply of texts, books, and documents he had in his possession, providing Albrecht with the opportunity to utilize their knowledge, learning of the Anhaldian Empire of the past, and marveling at their tales.

Despite having such minimal contacts with the outside world, the realm Albrecht inhabited was
peaceful, no wars, plague, or famine ever bothered his family, but the books Albrecht learned of had drawn him curious of the realms of Altera. He had wanted to trace the footsteps of his predecessors, accounting what they did in the past and documenting their deeds. But these were considered a child's dream by his father, and was told to cease, for his presence was still required for gathering food.

After his third brother was born, Albrecht's mother experienced complications through the pregnancy, and passed away after a series of bed-ridden sickness, the reasons unbeknownst to Albrecht and his family. The passing of his mother had devastated Albrecht's father, who had now at this point become cold and uncaring to his eldest son, and focused more upon his younger brothers. Such actions left Albrecht feeling ostracized, he'd grow more and more distant to his family as the years passed on.

As the days passed, Albrecht moved further and further into the wilderness, garnering much experience as he learned the laws of nature, he'd become self-sufficient as a hunter and had constructed himself a homely cottage to operate out of. He'd run into trouble as he accidentally disturbed the nest of a common-gryphon; such an act had triggered the beast to roam the land in protect of its territory, attempting to hunt down Albrecht.

Sensing the danger he had just stirred, Albrecht hastily gathered his possessions and equipment and struck out of the region under the cover of the moonlight, leaving behind the hinterlands that he was born in. Deciding he had enough of living as a forager in the middle of nowhere, he struck out for a highway, and was directed to Storm's Landing by passing convoys of merchants when he inquired of potential source of work.

Albrecht remained in Storm's Landing for the years to come; he had taken up the life of a fisherman on board of a small wooden vessel. Hauling crabs and other assortments of aquatic creatures to sell back in the marketplace of Storm's Landing. Albrecht never considered himself an overly-ambitious man, so he found himself content with his day-to-day life, until announcements reached Storm's Landing, indicating that the
Anhaldian Empire was in the midst of reforming, under the guidance of the Prinz of Hallon. Such news piqued Albrecht's childhood admiration of the Anhaldian dream, and felt urged to return.

Albrecht eventually decided that he would once more strike out onto the road, selling his possessions within Storm's Landing and making his way forth to Anhald.

Attachments

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to Hollowworld. Before we continue there is one issue that I need to address.

- Anhald currently does not exist as a centralized state in character as it has fragmented in several duchies. While the current situation in the written test only extends into adolescence, I believe it would be prudent to give mention that your character did not stay in the Ritter Korp indefinitely and mention a piece of adulthood as well.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to write this application and I look forward to reading it once more.

seannie

Lord of Altera
Hi there! Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply to Hollowworld. Before we continue there is one issue that I need to address.

- Anhald currently does not exist as a centralized state in character as it has fragmented in several duchies. While the current situation in the written test only extends into adolescence, I believe it would be prudent to give mention that your character did not stay in the Ritter Korp indefinitely and mention a piece of adulthood as well.

Once again, thank you for taking the time and effort to write this application and I look forward to reading it once more.
Ah, my apologies about that, all the forum threads I was following made it appear as if it was still an existent central political entity.

But regardless, I did not think that would have mattered, due to the fact that I read within the thread "Application for Whitelist" stated that I was to create a story of my own choosing, utilizing tidbits of lore and whatnot along the way, I did not believe that the story had to be grounded within the current server lore. Things like the Ritter-Korp was something I made up on the spot, I'd be surprised if it was an actual organization in-game. And I barely consider 21 to be the age of a full-grown adult, so I skipped on adding a paragraph onto that piece.

(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

I, by no means, wish to appear confrontational, but I believe the topic must be brought up to help prevent any further incidents from occurring in the future. Of course, if I am told that I am not allowed to appeal such a decision and must redo my story, I shall; I'd rather just save me the work, and not have too. Cheers.

PS, I really do not want to seem like I'm challenging your decision brashly, but I feel obliged to clear up the situation. Sorry.

Last edited:

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
While the excerpt does mention that the written test is supposed to be a "story of your choosing", it also mentions that you must "show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore.". Creative freedom can be taken with existing lore but it should all make sense with regard to the present time in character and what is stated in the lore used. For example, I applaud you for taking the time to read through the Anhald lore, but you must also demonstrate knowledge of what you read by using the lore correctly rather than creating entities in backstory such as the "Ritter Korp". With this in mind, applicants sadly do not have full creative liberty over their written tests. If we allowed that, just imagine the various disjointed and incoherent things we would find in the applications we review. Thank you for bringing this up though, I have to admit the wording does make it seem like applicants have free rein over their written tests.

seannie

Lord of Altera
While the excerpt does mention that the written test is supposed to be a "story of your choosing", it also mentions that you must "show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore.". Creative freedom can be taken with existing lore but it should all make sense with regard to the present time in character and what is stated in the lore used. For example, I applaud you for taking the time to read through the Anhald lore, but you must also demonstrate knowledge of what you read by using the lore correctly rather than creating entities in backstory such as the "Ritter Korp". With this in mind, applicants sadly do not have full creative liberty over their written tests. If we allowed that, just imagine the various disjointed and incoherent things we would find in the applications we review. Thank you for bringing this up though, I have to admit the wording does make it seem like applicants have free rein over their written tests.
Many thanks for the concise response to my issue, I appreciate the work you put into inspecting my application. It only helps me further understand the lore of HollowWorld. I've reformed my story with the points you've made, and I hope it meets your standards, Cheers.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
ignis_clap_by_cukie1-da5rcqb.gif
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.