Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Active Selene

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Selene.png

| General Information |

Name
--Selene LeVane
Other Names
--Sel
--"Mary"

Titles
-- None
Occupation
-- Merchant, Trader and Part-Time Sailor
Race
-- Human
Sexuality
-- Bisexual
Current Residence
-- Astakos, primarily
Relationship Status
-- Single
Social Status
-- Disreputable merchant class, barely relevant in the dregs

| Physical Appearance |

Height
-- 5'3
Weight
-- 125lbs
Eye Color
-- Stormy blue. Dingy and almost grey in uninspiring lights.
Skin Color
-- Lightly tanned
Distinguishing Features
-- Her chest has earned her many nicknames, much to her chagrin.
-- Eyes frequently reddened
-- Various small tattoos on her body. Most notably on her right forearm is a black band with diamonds and dots
-- A
large necklace tattoo on her neck and collarbone.

Hair Color
-- A dark brown like the color of an old barrel that's soaked with rainwater.
Hair Style
-- Most days, it is worn loosely down. She'll braid if it the notion takes her that day, but she can't be bothered to make anything fancy out of it.
Complexion
-- Mostly clear, for the time being
Posture
-- She was never made to carry herself like a lady. She slouches and leans most of the time.
Scars
-- None of note currently
Identifying Features
-- Various small tattoos on her body. Most notably on her right forearm is a black band with diamonds and dots
-- A
large necklace tattoo on her neck and collarbone.
Voice
--
Yara Greyjoy [ x ]

| Personality |

+ Her vices. She has taken a fondness for many substances that dull the monotony of the day to day. Likes them perhaps, a little too much.
+ Water. She's drawn to it like a mistress and finds her only real peace on a ship.
+ Collecting valuables. She takes whatever she finds and keeps it as her own. A nasty habit, or a profitable pasttime, depending on who's judging.
+ Crowds. Selene prefers conversations and masses of people, and thrives on interacting.
+ Drawing. Fancies herself an artist of sorts, though has never dedicated much effort into it. Just enjoys it.
+
Adrenaline. Acts before she thinks and jumps before she looks. Says what she wants because the potential backlash makes her feel alive.
+
Anything that is out of the ordinary. The world is boring. People are boring. Cities are boring. Anything that makes her feel excited and curious is a thrill in and of itself.
+ Gambling. Ooooooh yes. Yes indeed.
+
People with ambition. They are far more interesting than those content with their lot in life.

Dislikes
+ Makani.
Feathered nuisances.
+ Feeling lesser.
Selene doesn't take kindly to uppity folk looking down their noses at her.
+ Dependency. She hates feeling tethered and reliant on anyone or anything. Which poses a conundrum at times.
+ Threats. Selene isn't one to let a threat linger. She'll act and retaliate to anyone that aims to threaten.
+ Solitude and Silence. She is her own worst company.
+ Letting her guard down. Everything is a joke and a quip. She won't easily share anything personal these days.
+ Deception. She is a liar to her very core, but bristles when it's turned around and used on her.

Strengths
+ Adventurous. Selene does not tolerate boredom and goes where the fun is. Or makes it if she has to.
+
Entrepreneurial. She has a mind of profitable business ventures (or perhaps just for what'll have a large payout in the end.)
+
Charismatic. She has a knack for putting people at ease. It sometimes come off as quirky and overbearing, so it could also be a detriment. Depends on the crowd.

Weaknesses
-- Volatile and trigger-happy.
Her need for control, restlessness, blind defense of her friends, quick anger, and tendency to chase self-importance makes her slightly unpredictable and brash. As much was seen on the cursed voyage. She knows she needs to work on it.
-- Addictive personality. She was mostly in a tryst with alcohol for a long time, but started a proper lover affair with opium and cannabis obtained from Astakos. She isn't entirely lost in it, but it has changed her.
--
Cynical. Very.

Fears
-- Incarceration.
It would break her in more ways than one. A night or two? Maybe not. But long term? She'd either break or hurt herself while trying anything to escape.
-- Death. She fears it. A lot. She knows that one day she is going to die abruptly, and probably very painfully. She chooses to live her life one day at a time. If faced with her own mortality, she would not be okay.
-- Losing everything. If she lost everything in a gamble, Selene would be at an absolute loss. It would devastate her. She would come back from it, but she would be an unpredictable mess until she get her act together.

Values
-- Confidence

-- Money
-- Power

-- The Water
-- Ambition

Education
-- Very little and very basic. Her knowledge of the world comes from living in it, and she finds that she doesn't know quite enough to keep up with current company.

Languages
-- Common

General Attitude
-- Sociable for the most part. If she decides she doesn't like someone, there's not much you can do to change her mind though.

Religious Inclination
-- {
Favored} {Disfavored} {Gives No Shits}
Jax - Sallana - Shalherana - The Grey Lady - Silas - Jishrim - Visage - Skraag - Vermella - Crusade - Rahas - Korog - Ignis - Theodra

General Intelligence
-- She thinks she's keen of mind, but an outsider is a better judge.

General Sociability
-- Very

Alignment
-- Neutral
{Her adherence to a moral compass is tenuous at best. Unless you lock down her word, she isn't exactly honorable. And unless you mean something to her, she won't lose sleep to see anyone die.}

| Drives & Goals |
"Once I get a taste of something, I can't walk away and pretend it don't exist. It eats at me. Like a secret can't be told. And when it starts eatin' at me, you can be sure that I ain't gonna stop, Love."

{ - In Progress } { o Completed } { x Failed } { ~ Abandoned } { ! Passive hopes }
Immediate goals

o

Long term goals
-

| Possessions |

Wardrobe
-- She has a rough know-how when it comes to sewing, so she can make a few basic things. Most of her clothing is centered around travel and functionality.
Jewelry
-- Small golden earrings, a golden necklace, and a bangle on her wrist.
Pets/Animals
-- She wouldn't mind a cat, but who has time?
Owned Homes
-- Sanardu
-- The Sea Witch (a boat, technically)
-- Astakos

Most prized possession
-- Cinquedea
Carried inventory

-- Her gold earrings, necklace, and bangle
-- Her cinquedea
-- Boot knife
-- Travel bag
-- A set of tattooing needles and inks
-- Journal with a stick of charcoal
-- A belt with several pouches
-- Coin purse
-- Bone and wood dice
-- Whetstone
-- Opium
-- Herb
-- Alcohol

Stored inventory
-- A pouch with a few precious gemstones
-- Two gold bars
-- Milk of the poppy
-- Opium
-- Crossbow with some quarrels

General Wealth

-- She's spent a great deal of it on real estate. She's trying to build up funds again.

| Health |

Illnesses
-- None, currently
Allergies
-- None
Injuries
-- None currently
Sleeping Habits
-- She snores. Loudly.
Energy Levels

-- Far too much and she is always trying to find outlets for it.
Eating Habits
-- Gluttonous
Exercise Habits
-- She swims every morning, and at dusk if she has time. She does pull ups, sit ups, and Sanardu is FORCING HER to become a stair master
Memory
-- She drinks too much for it to be immaculate. She needs to fix that.
Unhealthy Habits
-- Drinking too much, and risking her life for her own need to feel some sort of rush. Smoking marijuana.
Drinking Habits
-- Heavily. Most days, she won't drink more than two glasses at at time.

| History |

Birthplace
-- Wolfstadt
Childhood
-- Her father was a traveling merchant who left her mother's life as quick as he came. Selene's mother made ends meet by selling vegetables in the Wolfstaadt market. She was a strict sort of woman, and Selene was accustomed to having to help.
Teen Years
-- She met the captain of a sailing vessel. She was taken by the sound of adventure, and saw it as a chance to escape a life she didn't want. She followed him and took up work on his ship and never looked back.
Adulthood
-- Drifting through various ports, and taking up various vices until having to fend for herself away from the crew that had become her family.

| Combat |

Peaceful or violent
-- Violence can be more fun
Weaponry
-- Cinquedea
-- Crossbow
-- Boot knife

Combat Training
-- None, formally. She has recently gotten a crossbow and disappears to practice with it.

| Training & Skills |
[6/10] Sewing
-- Familiar with having to repair sails. Not too shabby with repairing clothing. Toys with the idea of learning to make her own clothes eventually.
[8/10] Sailing
-- Spent a good portion of her life on a ship. She's not much for navigation, but she knows her way around.
[5/10] Cooking
-- Enjoys cooking, mostly because she loves eating. Hasn't had her own kitchen before, so she's starting to explore cooking options.
[10/10] Hasty decisions
-- Throwing rocks at makani... Stealing precious artifacts... Setting shacks on fire....
[8/10] Fishing
-- It was most of what she did on the whaling ship. And now, she does it a lot in her free time on Sanardu's shores.
[7/10] Swimming
-- She swims every morning, and tries to every evening as well.
[8/10] Tattooing
-- Something she picked up an interest in. She has a business in Astakos, and travels with her talents.
[9/10] Painting/Sketching
-- She keeps a crate of journals in her room, all filled with various pieces of artwork she's done. Sketches and drawings she's collected over the years. Doodles on scraps of wood. Something to keep from being idle.

| Other Trivia |

Favorite Types of Food
-- Crab
Favorite Types of Drink
-- Whiskey
Hobbies/Pastimes
-- Sketching/Painting
-- Gambling
-- Swimming
-- Practicing her aim with her crossbow
-- Setting things on fire

Favorite Colors
-- Purple, orange, and red

| Event Log |
+ Spends most of her time on a whaling ship, occasionally transporting cargo
+ The Captain sends her ashore at Storm's Landing to wait for an old friend while they sail off to tend to another job
+ Selene wastes time at Storm's Landing
+ Meets Eltsir, Joseph, and Tourmaline. Saw Eltsir making mischief with magic. Intrigued.
+ Starts to grow worried about her crew not having returned yet.
+ Speaks more with Eltsir. Meets Josephine.
+ Attends a Sallana festival
+ Meets the Fuvur siblings. Trystan, Kieran, and Evelyn.
+ To Kierans displeasure, Selene dances with Evelyn
+ Sneaks off to try and steal from the guest rooms while everyone is at festival, because she realizes she's not going to be able to survive for long without an income
+ Finds Eltsir in one of the rooms. He shows her more of animancy and explains how it works.

+ Catches wind of free booze in a place called Compendium and goes to library grand opening
+ Takes a tour and chills with Eltsir, Evelyn, and Josephine
+ Gryphon causes a ruckus, and cave people ruckus make. Everyone goes to investigate and Selene stays behind to swipe some jewelry on display because it's easy money.
+ She uses the last of her money to buy an abandoned hostel and converts it into a brothel.
+ Hides Compendium's precious artifacts in the brothel chimney
+ Makes contact with Maxine to set up an opium deal and uses the cavern below the brothel to get the opium den functional again
+ Keeps running into Evelyn. Asks if she knew a blacksmith that would do a job without any questions.
+ Arranges to meet with Evelyn's brother, Light, in exchange for a favor to be claimed at another time.
+ Goes to Sanardu
+ Light agrees to melt down the Compendium artifacts. In exchange, she must give up on memory. Evelyn intervenes and gets Light to change the term. Instead, Selene must only show one memory, but she keeps it, and Light keeps 10% of the raw materials.
+ Walks out with a pouch of jewels and 2 gold bars.
+ Evelyn and Selene chill in Sanardu for a while and Selene realizes Evelyn has a STONE ARM under that glove .-.
+ Finds out Evelyn's the animancy magus not long after
+ Attends a Noble's Ball as Evelyn's +1. Spends most of the time scoping out the valuables and ignoring Evelyn.
+ Visits Stoneheart
+ Meets Cymic, there, and runs into him frequently at Storm's Landing afterwards.
+ Wastes more time in Storm's Landing and living out of the brothel attic. Good times.
+ Meets Nylarii and Nwalme. Offering them opium is apparently a bad idea.
+ Evelyn and Selene have a moment. Selene doesn't do touchy feely talk well. Mostly drinks during it. Conversation ends with some context on what their dalliance is. To Selene, Evelyn is just a fun time but doesn't say that.
+ Runs into Athryl at Storms' Landing. Athryl gets wasted and tells them all sorts of fun things about his dead apprentices and her murderous residents.
+ Olive endearment happens somewhere around here.

+ BIRD PEOPLE. Thinks the rumors are jokes until she sees Maui and he hits her with his wing. Whoa man. Just... Whoa.
+ Growing distaste for the birds.
+ Olive is hurt by a makani and goes to visit her in Compendium. Apparently she was healed by some magic.
+ Selene throws a rock at one of the makani on the roof. Has to hide to avoid archer bird.
+ Becomes entertainment to see how much she can piss them off.

+ Sails off on a makani rescue mission because is a thing to do
+ Hits some fog. They row out. She gets frustrated by Nwalme.
+ At Storm's Landing, she gambles with Cymic. She wins a SHIP.
+ Sails out to rescue makani again, prepared for fog.
+ THE CURSED ISLAND. They sacrifice a makani, and Selene realizes she actually cares for Evelyn, more than she originally thought.

+ Wastes much of her days gambling
+ Hears about the undead kraken from Cymic and lends him her ship for 5,000r.
+ Finds a living corpse (Maceo) who's barely hanging on to life. Her and a few others take him to Tzemik
+ Later finds 25,000r left for her at the Sanardu brothel.
+ Attends another noble ball. Hates this one less.
+ Grows agitated and discontent due to a lack of respect felt on various fronts
+ Shadow Rider attacks Sanardu during a Sallana sermon
+ Evelyn, Selene, an Anhald squire, and an egoistic halfling dispatch it

+ After dealing with the rider, Selene approaches Evelyn about learning more about her magic. IT GOES BADLY.
+ Evelyn goes super nova after a domestic
+ Goes to Nwalme asking him to find her, in fear of Evelyn literally burning to death in her own magic
+ Goes to Storm's Landing to get absolutely shit-faced with Kieran
+ Musters courage to find her at Stoneheart
+ Evelyn's puts on a show that leaves Selene questioning who or what Eve is. Finds the crazy highly attractive because there's no telling what'll happen next. Although, Selene remains anxious because she can't tell if Eve is in control or not. Pissed because Selene asked Evelyn to help her understand what animancy is, then uses magic she can't understand to toy with Selene.
+ Leaves Evelyn at Stoneheart not long after
+ Runs into Cymic, who invites her to a tourney. She asks if he knows an elven scholar. He points her to Arget.
+ Procures a few weapons as gifts for Evelyn
+ Decides she'd much rather leave than to deal with the tension
+ Gets high a lot in Astakos

+ Spends most of her money on booze and hookers
+ Starts looking for a crew to do odd jobs with

+ Gets drunk and goes to Trystan's "wedding" against her sober judgement

+ trys to set up operations in Rogues Hearth, and meets up with Korechek again. Tensions with Fuvur leads to it being burned down.

+ Sets up a tattoo parlor in Astakos and practices on herself a lot.

+ Arranges for a warehouse in Storms Landing
+ Meets Korcheck again. Does tattoo for Lisbet. Sees Nwalme again.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
| R E L A T I O N S H I P S |
Romantically Inclined
---

Trusted
---

Respected
Maxine Elz
-- We got ourselves an arrangement, you and I. It works well for me and it works well for you. So long as I keep providin, I think we should be alright in the end.

Befriended
---

Liked
Cymic (Cymic_)
-- Been a while. Maybe not as close as we used to be, but still don't mind you. Wish we'd have come to a better agreement about that ship.
Tirius (Tohm)
-- Charmin', you are. Don't trust you for the blood you carry, but don't mind the conversations with you.
Korchek Squidziod
-- Not as suave as you'd like to think, eh? Seeing you rile with Nwalme was amusing to be sure, but spoke a lot to who you are.
Kam (Kamaoe )
-- Hadn't realized how much I'd missed the look of an earthspawn till I set eyes on you. You never back down from bein' entertaing, Love.
Idri (Lannis )
-- More fun than most, I'll give you that. Ain't sure how long our paths stay linked, but it's entertaining enough for now.
Gerry (Jeroxia )
-- I'd consider you my favorite halfling, but that ain't entirely fair since you're the only one I know.

Acquaintances
Nwalme blargtheawesome
-- King of half the world now? Mighty big claim. Wonder if you can hold it?
Kieran Mitch
-- Lighthearted, you were. Hope you're doin' well, Love.
Trystan (Elz )
-- We used to have some laughs, and I figure I still care if you're doin' alright. But it's been so long I don't know what sort of person you are now, or if I'm even welcome in Sanardu. I come to collect my profits from the Leviathan's Den and leave as quiet as I come, usually.
Lisbet Elz
-- You're a pretty face. I wouldnt mind to show you a thing or two about Southern women before you go back to curtsys and highborns.
Tara Drakatha
-- Hope that Korchek didn't scare you off the Fuvur lot too bad. They're a fine lot most days, to be true.
Laisa (Samiwashere )
-- I feel something of a challenge in gettin' you to smile. A few things I wouldn't mind tryin' to see if it'd work.

Doesn't Care
---

Complicated
Evelyn Lannis
-- Every time I see you, I can't decide if I want to pull you into a back room or throw everything I have at you. I thought walkin' away would be easy, but after all this time it ain't. Too much we left unsaid between us and you're the one thing comes to mind at the bottom of every bottle.

Disliked
---

Afraid of
---

Hates
---

| A R T W O R K |

Credit to the lovely Elz . Thank you bae. :heart:

Also Elz hue :heart:

Last edited:

TyoungBD

Lord of Altera
Legend
Tyoung_
Tyoung_
Legend
Profile looks cool!

But are fiddles and violins allowed? Just wondering cus I never know with music stuff. . .
Wikipedia says they came about in the early 1600s which is muskets and circumnavigation time
¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Profile looks cool!

But are fiddles and violins allowed? Just wondering cus I never know with music stuff. . .
Wikipedia says they came about in the early 1600s which is muskets and circumnavigation time
¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
No guns!!!1!11!!

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Profile looks cool!

¯\_(ツ)_/ ¯
There have been allowances for musical instruments because thatoesnt really lead to the Industrial revolution.