Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[September16th] Spelunking Again

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
Great event, very fun. Will post more detailed thoughts in response to other thread in the morning.

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
It was a great event, I unfortunately had to leave halfway through but the part of it I was there for was a lot of fun. I've really liked seeing the monster designs for this campaign, they're consistently really cool and interesting

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Can someone write a re-cap somewhere and tag me so I can find it? I don't know what happened after I went to sleep :(

Estes241

The Talking Pizza
Retired Staff
I can do a summary via what Grey/I saw.

-The party heads to Mocking Bay, headed by Raalvara. Grey joins them in the venture.
-Holy water is handed out to the fighters. Grey does not move to take one, as he has his own supplier... and he is hesitant of the substance.
-The group seems disorganized, but with Kam joining Raalvara in a leadership role, their numbers become more manageable. Grey questions the presence of some fellows that seem unprepared for what is to come.
-Venturing into the caverns. Olive ducks out into a separate passage where Grey follows... She returns, and she gives her typical cold shoulder. Maybe that was inherited.
-Varyn is found in a pile of rotting flesh. Most seem relieved. Grey asks Andre to keep an eye on him.
-The group is attacked by abnormally large insects. Grey's focus narrows to his own attacker. It is dispatched with the aid of Ronak the dwarf.
-It is too crowded to aid the others, but they make swift work of their own assailants.
-They arrive at a junction. The party splits in two, lead by Raalvara and Kam.
-Grey is swept up with Kam's group. Olive is with the other party.
-They head their separate ways.
-Kam's party is confronted by an equine creature with imposing arm-spears. It charges.
-It leaps the chasm between the frontline fighters, heading towards the archers with whom Grey had stayed to guard the rear.
-The archers are good shots. Mid leap it is hit in the neck. However, it lashes out with those arms at those present along Grey's ridge.
-It snags two individuals. Grey attempts to help the female caparii... {is she wearing a dress?}. The beasts hold is to great, and two... wait, another failed in there attempt, three individuals now tumble into the small hole.
-They appear to be alright from above. Ronak doubles down and joins the fallen in the pit, jumping upon the beasts head.
-Kam offers to lift Grey down. He refuses. They all climb down with dignity.
-As they sort themselves, two runners head in the direction of the new passages incline. Oh, the other group is there.
-They climb back out of the passage they just climbed into, leaving that way for the other group.
-(I think it was stinky and there were rats down there. Good call Kam)
-Onwards. They eventually end up at a large ravine. Those weird veins are present and converge. The others are familiar with the formation and set to work.
-A moment of peace, Grey tends to the small wound given by the first encounter.
-The other group shows up, and the crowd is hard to move around in. Where is Olive?
-They get through... still no sight of her, but perhaps she slipped into the crowd.
-Big cavern that everyone enters.
-Something is talking to them. It calls itself the Harvester. The others talk back.
-It wants a sacrifice for them to escape. Others seem to consider it. More talking. And the way out is closing.
-More talking. Grey just listens, until it gives mention of returning Olive.
-He's mad. Not sure at who, the other party for failing to notice a member has disappeared... or at this thing for making such a threat.
-Has nothing to shoot at it with.
-Gael, praise be unto him, finally shoots it. Powerfully.
-Lots of fighting ensues. Folks form a ring around it. Grey stands back, waiting for someone to fall, that he might give aid.
-Folks are doing a fairly good job. They hack at this large golem like creature, breaking away stone armor to reveal clay.
-More hacking. Gael is knocked back. Grey moves to take his place... but steps back as the mage does some sword pointing from his prone position.
-Oh. Don't go in the water.
-Vines try to drag Gael, Otto and Grey into the water. Grey avoids it, Gael is prone but manages to wedge himself. Otto is too far to help, and appears in trouble.
-Help Gael get free and up.
-Everyone is still hacking at the thing. Oh, and a venus flytrap mouth appeared. The thing must be a plant under all that clay and stone.
-An opening appears as the mercenary Florian is grabbed. He's being crushed. This was happening earlier to the other mercenary Caerwyn.
-Grey gets to swing at it finally. Tries to gouge out the clay instead of stab it.
-It's already fairly thwacked and battered. Folks are doing stuff pretty well up top. There's some magic going on too.
-Gouged opening reveals vines and purple fluid which Grey starts to sever. Might not actually have done much though, as the others efforts higher up on the head and body have taken it's toll.
-Tries to walk to the water with the Mercenary. Demanding sacrifice.
-Killed before... but it falls on top of the man.
-With it dead... Grey immediately sets off to search for Olive, leaving the others as they were. There is no sign.

If I missed something... sorry. With all that text going on, I tend to focus on whats happening to Grey and those in the immediate vicinity. Bartooliinii

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Bartooliinii I love the pictures, looks great! Props to whoever it was who DM'd them, they must have been well described because your illustration totally nailed it.

As a side note to anyone who claimed pieces from the Harvester--If you would like descriptions of, or if you choose to experiment with any samples you collected, shoot me a convo. Looks like everyone enjoyed the event, which I am very happy to see. . . sorry I wasn't around for it, I'll be there next time!