Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Shawgs Application [Accepted - Jase]

Shawgs

Legend of Altera
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username
?
(New players can only use one account to begin with, so please don't list any alt accounts. You can apply for an alt account after being here for one month.)

Shawgs

2. How old are you?
(Please note that the minimum age to take part on the server is 14. Due to the era of the role play there are some more mature themes which may not be suitable for anyone younger. We can't be held responsible should you choose to lie about your age.)

3. What country are you from?
(HollowWorld is an English speaking server. People from around the world are more than welcome to join us and take part provided that they do their best to use a good standard of written English both in game and on the forums.)

U.S

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)

Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
(It is important to understand what these terms are and why they are bannable offenses in any roleplaying community.)

Meta Gaming is the act of using knowledge that you have gained out of character in-character usually to benefit your character. (IC, OOC) Example: Karen joins a teamspeak server just in time to hear about a secret hideout of some fellow players in the mountains, without her character actually knowing about it she searches in the mountains, finds the hideout and steals the cash of supplies within.

Power Gaming is when you force actions upon another player without consent or without allowing other character to be able to react to the action
Example:
Unproper way
Karen: Hey Jon, do you want to spar with me
Jon: Sure
Karen summons a giant sword of light and cuts Jon's head from his body

The Proper way
Karen attempts to cut Jon's head from his body

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
(This question goes for any method that can be used to unfairly find and mine ores.)

No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
(Mentors are designed to help you get used to the server; you can see a list of our current Mentors and what they can do for you under 'Code of Conduct!' [x].)

Adya

8. Tell us about yourself!
(Introduce yourself! Tell us some of your hobbies, what kind of music you like, other games you play, maybe any pets you have. We're not asking for anything too personal, but we would like to get to know you a bit better to help the application and transition. This question needs to be a minimum of five sentences and not focused on Minecraft.)

I've big into video games since I was a kid, Rainbow Six Siege, Total War, you name it I've probably heard of it, all across the spectrum. I really enjoy playing board games like resistance, coup, axis and allies and I play some rp games like Dnd, Pathfinder etc. I really enjoy movies of most kinds except for more romantic type stuff. Among my favorite films are John Wick, Grand Budapest Hotel and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Not The Hobbit). I'm an aspiring singer and musician, pretty recently picking up guitar and i'm currently gunning for an accordion to learn how to play. I'm a fan of indie, folk, rock and all matter of music. I'm really into reading, fantasy books especially. My favorite genre is Grim Dark Fantasy and I really like Joe Abercrombie's book series The First Law.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
(This question is optional! Are you an artist? A builder? A writer? If you want to show off some of your work, we'd love to see it! You can upload a file at the bottom of the page to attach some pictures if you like! If you don't have anything you want to show, that is perfectly fine. Don't worry.)

Nope

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)

Found it all on my own

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name: (Be mindful of the Medieval Fantasy theme when choosing your name.)

Sieghelm

Character Age:26
(Simple enough!)

Character Race:Human
(Have a look through our Playable Races!)

Appearance: Caucasian skin that is tanned from the rough wilderness. Dull blue eyes are set into lids that always seem to be half closed. Greasy dark long hair is found hand combed backwards on the top of his head while a similar colored beard sits upon his face. The beard seems to look well groomed despite the rest of his looks. He is a height of 5'8 and has a sort of lean musculature. Small ears are left unseen behind his hair, his mouth his small with thin fair lips, fairly straight teeth sit behind them. He wears primarily leather and fur clothing to shield him from the elements. Tough leather boots and jerkin with a patched and ragged fur cloak, simple fabric trousers. A belt around his waist carries an iron dagger and a hatchet as well as a side pouch. A wooden talisman is hung around his neck.
(We just want to make sure things like hair color, eye color, skin color, and clothing is all fitting for the setting/lore we have.)

(Optional) Picture of the Skin: (Attach a picture here if you have one. If you don't have an image, that's fine. Just make sure you describe it well in the appearance section.)

Written Test!
(This is where you tell us a story of your choosing! Be creative. It should be 400 words minimum and use the character you've created above. This is what we use to judge your ability as a roleplayer. Show us how much you've learned by reading our guides and lore. Include anything you think will impress us!)

Disclaimer: Its long and messy, I kind of just went for it.

All was quiet within the small forest valley as the evening light continued to shed itself from the world as the orange sun drifted below the hills. Birds chirped their merry song and glid from branch to branch in a glade. Spring was in full swing within the forest as plants and wildlife burst anew and a bright green was abundant In a break from the trees a line of grey smoke lazily drifted from the treetops and sounds of the scraping of metal broke the relative peaceful air of the forest. Dead limbs burned afresh in a fire pit as a pair of skinned hare's were being cooked, spitted above the flame. An odd stone with a small bowl in-front of it sat to the left of the camp near the treeline, obviously some sort of shrine it was old and worn, it had seen countless seasons.

A party of humans sat about in the clearing. A red faced cook bobbed about the fire inspecting the cooking meat. Two men sat cross legged across from each other in the grass tossing dice and dealing coins, it seems the one of the left was winning. A tall muscular man only wearing trousers and boots cradled a great sword in his hand and moved a whetstone up and down the long blade. A young women was cleaning and hanging up the hides of the hares on a tree branch.

Sieghelm sat upon a downed dead tree, its branches and extremities cleared and were being stacked and burned in the center fire. A hatchet sat next to him, its blade was stuck into the withered wood. He picked at the calluses on his rough hands as he hummed a familiar tune. His eyes drifted up towards the light of dimming sky. His vision snapped back down as Branford stood up raises his arms in an apparent victory in his game of dice with Henel who held his head in his hands. The camp all at least gave a glance except Thornedyke who did not even lift his focus from the blade. Branford stuffed whatever he had won in his sidebelt pouch and stalked over to the fire.
"Almost finished?"
The cook lifted his head and scowled at Branford
"Guess not." Answered Sieghelm from his log.
Mara wandered over from her work.
"Perhaps you should go find your own food, instead of cheating Henel out of his hard earned silvers."
"Hard earned? Scavenged you mean." Branford retorted.
"Thats more than what you've done, here." She tossed him an empty wooden pail "Go grab water from the stream, and bring the day dreamer with you, hes got nothing better to do." She gestured towards Sieghelm.
Branford grunted and picked up the empty pail and motioned to Sieghelm to follow him.
"You heard her, get up fool."
Sieghelm pulled the hatchet from the dead log and plodded next to Branford as they walked a forest trail down to the stream that twisted and wound through the wood. Sieghelm perked up to the much taller and broader Branford.
"How much longer to we reach Konniger?" Branford looked down on him and spoke with a hint of suprise.
"That's right, you haven't traveled with us on the trail before." He scratched his full red beard in thought, "From Shalherana's stone, it should be around another days walk to Konniger's hold."
"I thought it would have been longer." Sieghelm replied. Branford stayed silent until they reached the stream were he sunk the pail in and retrieved a bounty of cold water. They began hear a clash of metal and thwack of an axe back from camp and Sieghelm pulled up his hand to the hatchet on his belt.
"Calm down boy, its Thorn and Henel sparring probably, Henel's got to take his loss out on someone." Branford said as he jangled his newfound wealth in his belt pouch. Sieghelm lowered his hand as the clashes continued, then a shout and a woman's scream sounded from the camp. Branford dropped his pail and began to ran.
He shouted as he ran "Mara!"
Sieghelm followed as close as he could but could not keep up with the physique of the older man. Sieghelm's eyes follow as a white shape flew through the forest as he ran. His keen sight caught out the shape of the barechested Thorndyke sprinting through the brush, his wild long hair in tow as he held his giant sword over his shoulder.
Sieghelm stopped and stared, he had never seen the man run so fast, why was he running. He glanced back at Branford, he red hair was all he could see above the brush. Sieghelm began running again and he reached the top of the treeline where the clearing began.

The figures were dark in the dusk he could not tell who or what they were, but they populated the clearing, only the fire bore details from the scene. Two figure were sprawled on the grass another over the log he had once sat. Henel was surrounded his shield was in one hand and the other was severed from his arm. Branford stood in what seemed to be shock, upon further realization a spear protruded from his chest. His mouth was open, agape in paralyzing horror.

Sieghelm's hands were limp, he couldn't move. The whistling of air and swift movement broke his trance and he realized an arrow had flown past his face. He turned and ran, rough back towards the stream. He could only hear the pounded of his heart and of his own feet. He stumbled and fell upon a tree root and as he stood and began his sprint again he swore he heard the thumping of unfriendly feet in pursuit. He broke across the small stream and into the un-trailed woods, in the dark he was lost, his sight could do little here as branches and foliage whipped into his face and broke upon his swift form. With his luck he slammed into something solid and went into a rolled, suddenly falling and a cold wet surprise gripped him. The water was deep, he gasped for breath and came up and opened his eyes only to find wet darkness, the vague shapes of trees and water was all that he saw. He began to swim, clumsy strokes, he didn't feel as though he was moving himself at all and only the current took him. His exhausted form was wore down completely as he finally worked his way to a rocky shore, he spit up upon the rocks and lay upon his back staring up at the dimmed sky. What now?

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
I really like this! You are exactly the kind of person that we are looking for on server so -- welcome! I hope to see you in-game :)

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.