Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Shutting down Hollow World.

Readij

Radish
Retired Staff
Hahahahaha just kidding :p

On a serious note though, I do have to announce that I'm stepping down as owner of the server.

This isn't a spur of the moment decision; I've been thinking about it for quite a while now. Ultimately, it really boils down to me not having the motivation or desire to run the server anymore. There are other things in my life that I want to put my time into, and the server is coming off second best, which isn't fair, on you guys or on me. I'm finding that the stress and pressure is completely draining my desire to have any involvement in the server, and that's just not healthy.

When I took over the server, I knew it wasn't going to be easy, but I didn't quite realise just how damn hard it was going to be. There are so many different pressures, issues, a million different facets that need to be considered every day and it's not hard for them to get overwhelming. I want to say a big thank you to the staff and players that helped me deal with all stress and strain.

Solus will be taking over server ownership, and I wish her the best of luck. Please be patient and please be kind to her, as you have been to me. All of us have different views and ideas about the server and the direction it should take, but I'm confident and know that Solus is the right person for the job; she has nothing but the server's best interests at heart.

Thanks guys

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
A loving farewell to you, Readij. Thank you for everything you've done for the server! Congratulations and good luck to solus! Readij solus

Spirit

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
PudsNull
PudsNull
Legend
Good luck, Solus-senpai!

And farewell, Readij. We will miss you everyday! Make sure you write, I hear real life is like a foreign country

JoeJoe

Yeehonk
Mystic
Retired Staff
JoJoJoeJoe
JoJoJoeJoe
Mystic
I wish Solus amazing luck, and a sad farewell Readij, wish I got to know you~

Zenosyne

Loyal Servant of Altera
I'm new to Hollow World; so new that I haven't even applied yet. But I do have friends who have fond memories of this server and who have pushed me in this direction, and I am aware of how stressful running a large server such as this one could be. It's a relic of ages past and it's a great staple to the Minecraft Roleplay Community as a whole. So I'd like to step out and thank you personally for your work in allowing others to not only have fun but to experience a world they've been able to step into. An additional thank you is presented for you showing that you care enough for the server and others to step down and pass on the torch; it's not something you see very often.

I wish you luck on your future endevors and I look forwards to (hopefully) experiencing what you've aided in creating.

Jazzper

Hi [Unsuspecting Comment], I'm Jazzper
Legend
Blessed
Jasper151627237
Jasper151627237
Legend
Best of luck to you, Shadow Radish, your reign will be missed ;(
And best of luck to Solus!

Ruu Darling

ʕ •́؈•̀ ₎
Aware Single
Legend
Retired Staff
RuuDarling
RuuDarling
Single
Reading that title, I was about to have a heart attack . . .

Farewell Readji! the best of luck to that other thing that's called "Life"
And congrats to le Solus! We'll try our best not to drown you. :heart:

Teeke

Lord of Altera
Readij I think you were amazing in your role as server owner. It really felt as if you were working hard to get the server on the right track, and keep it fun to play on. I sincerely understand how hard it is to run a server, and I admire you for the time you dedicated to it.

I certainly hope this isn't goodbye, I love having your company and presence on the server. And maybe one day we'll even get to rp with one another!

solus I look forward to what you'll be bringing as server owner. I've always noticed how dedicated you are to this server, and how patient yoi try to be with everyone. Please continue to do your best and keep the server healthy and alive.

rauyran

Burner of Worlds
Hey I came back just because you were running the place! :)

Seriously, I know how incredibly hard it is to run a public MC server so anyone who does it even for a few months has my complete respect. Hopefully you'll still hop on as a player every now and then. All the best!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
It was great with you at the top.
Best of luck and hope to continue to see you!
Best of luck to Solus too :)

Sir Arc

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Sir_Arc
Sir_Arc
Mystic
All I can say is thanks. Even though I know very little people on HW. For the time I have spent on the server it is very well made and the rp is amazing. I hope that you have a great time moving on in life as I can relate to the problem you are having Goodluck!