Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

[sign up] The Savages

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Savages (playable after 6th of August)
The Crazed Enemy of The Colonists
[link to colonist rp page]

Savages flag with grunge.jpg

tribesmen / shamans / cannibals / lawful-evil / beasts
Theme song:

Welcome to the thread where you can read all about Savages-RP.
Here you can start your savage evil-adventure, join us and meet us in game at the savages camp.
At the bottom of the thread you can find a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.

There are many reasons to like and dislike Savages RolePlay. I'll put all of the ones I can think of
down here and you may decide whether you love it or hate it, join it or stay away from it.
LIKE:
- It offers a possibility to perform Evil and Crazed RolePlay.
- I have a constant enemy to face. a constant interaction with other RolePlayers from outside my own faction
- I have a village to protect from outsiders that can attack any time they like.
- I can go out to loot the colonist village.
- I like exploring, setting up evil builds/totems , deviling the enemy base.
- I like the survival feel it offers: It feels good to prepare against possible threats, diseases, starvation, etc.
- I like to RP a cannibal
- The cannibals are based on those in the game "The Forest".
- I like to protect loot that the colonists will try to gather.
DISLIKE:
- I don't like people telling me which rules to follow, I want to do whatever I please.
- I like things to be done fast, not to put too much effort in trivial tasks.
- I don't like realistic roleplay, give me fast paced, the faster and stronger, the better.
- I can't imagine roleplaying as a cannibal / crazed savage.
- I don't like things that involve dungeon masters.
- It doesn't appeal to me to have a chance to get sick, attacked, raided, or starve.

Make up your mind, the above is part of the essence that Savage Rp offers and I hope it appeals to
you so we can roleplay together for many hours to come!

savages location.jpg

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Rules and Gameplay
The art of Savage RolePlay.

The Fundamental Rules (later on referred to as FR):
These are the rules that you'll need to keep in mind and follow when you're in the camp. If you don't
like these rules, then savage rp might not be the right thing for you. Disregarding these rules will
end up in removing your perms to build in the camp.

• The goal is to enjoy the process of forming a unique aggressive based culture, so we'll try and stay as primitive as long as possible. This means you won't be able to use sophisticated language, books, or anything beyond sticks and stones, really. Unless you find it. (for instance finding a knife in the colonist camp! :D )
  • Every action performed will take more time than in usual RP, but won't be as slow as real life.
  • For every action you like to perform, you must keep fatigue in mind: You'll get tired after fighting or swimming and need to relax for a few seconds before proceeding.
  • Every action in roleplay must be emoted: You'll /ch rp and use ** for the thing your character does.
  • Day and Night time in Altera are already longer than normal MineCraft. During the day you can perform all manner of things you'd normally do. During the night, you either stay indoors, around a fire, in a cave, or do other nightly activities. (like stealing, patrolling, staying on watch, sleeping, making plans for the next day, etc.)
  • Stashes: a stash is a pile of materials. In normal Minecraft, you can fill a chest with masses of a certain material, which is not realistic at all. In the colony, you place 1 block of the material in the chest, for each 5 blocks in the chest. In the picture below, you can see a stash of 5 blocks of planks. This means there can be up to 25 blocks of planks in the chest below. The bigger the stash, the more blocks you can put in the chest. The blocks are put into the chest in sets of 5 per square, instead of the normal max of 64 per square. (Imagine a pile of human bodies or tatch)

• Carrying: the main rule is that you can carry 5 blocks of raw material or 10 blocks of processed material when performing an activity. However, this rule is not as strict as the other rules above. When performing a particular activity, the rule is very strict. But if you are patrolling and you happen to still have 5 logs and 40 planks in your inventory, by accident. There is no problem. This rule is in place so you have a guideline on what your character can carry. Do you have a small halfling as character, you might be able to carry less, and a strong earthspawn could carry more.
  • When you log out, you are free to choose to place a sign where you fell asleep or whatever reason there is why you're not at the camp.
  • I am one of the "Dungeon Masters" of the Savages Camp. If you progress too fast, carry too much, build a trap without knowing how to do it, build a house without roof supports --> I will make happen what would have happened in real life. a.k.a disarm the trap, destroy the roof of the house, return your progress back to where it should have been. (regard it as some sort of minigame if you like, a dungeon but then with different challenges and goals)

Colonist and Savage relationship:
The savages are on an island with a cave-system. Within their caves, there is a lot of valuables that the colonist might be able to use. At first, The colonists will need to settle, but after they do, they might want to come and explore the island. From this point on, the savages and colonists will interact.
  • In no case must a savage ever have a normal conversation with a colonist. This is out of the question.
  • Savages will be aggressive or curious about the colonists at every interaction, but never peaceful.
  • The way savages behave is barbaric to the colonists, the way colonists behave is offensive to the savages. There is a mutual disliking.
Rules considering Activities:
Some activities are bound to a set of rules.
Things that are not named in the rules are free for own interpretation.
--> When chopping down a tree:
|---> You cut away all the logs from the ooc tree
|---> You leave the stump of the tree to uproot later on.
|---> You place some logs on the ground, creating a fallen tree.
|---> You take the time to chop pieces out of the tree you just created.
|---> Each set of 5 logs requires one man/woman to carry to a new position / chest. (can't carry more than 5 logs in inventory ICly.)
|---> Once the fallen tree is removed according to FR-RP you can create a stash.

--> When constructing:
|---> Create separate stashes of the materials you intend to use for your build at the building site or let someone create them for you.
|---> Start your construction with the foundations, use makeshift ladders and build scaffolding for to
build parts higher up, where you'd normally just jump up the wall.
|---> Use common sense and laws of gravity when building, if you do not support your roof when you build up, it'll collapse.
|---> Savages do not make sophisticated buildings!

--> When farming:
|---> You need to somehow collect seeds from the wilderness
|---> You are free to create any plant that would normally grow in the conditions the camp is in!
|---> Plants grow in stages. Use an IRL day for each stage. You start off with making the ground ready
and planting a sapling (sign)

The next step is to add a stage per day (with faster growing plants you can add a stage in your IRL morning as well as your IRL evening)

And so on, until you are satisfied with the shape your plant has taken so it is fully grown.
|---> In the end, when your plant is fully grown, you may pick an item you like its fruit/loot to be.
Then name this item (for instance a vine that is called "Hop" when you like hops for to brew beer).
Then place an item frame somewhere on you plant and place the hop in it at any time, so you can
ICly harvest them at set times, determined by your common sense.

--> When ... <more to come, per request>

Rules considering Rolling dice for RP actions:
Roleplay at the camp consists of an important part of chance. There are different kinds of actions
with different kinds of rolls. The rules below are guidelines. If you forget to add modifiers, it's no
disaster. However, these rules should be kept in mind when roleplaying and are the following:

--> Individual RP: This is the roll you use when your action affects only yourself or surroundings,
can be done in groups: You choose an action you wish to perform and follow up with a /roll d20.
From the outcome of this roll, you decide what happens in RP. This way there's a bit of chance, but
in the end you are the one controlling the severity of it.

--> Joint RP: This is the roll you use when you perform an action together. For instance, you're
trying to uproot a bush and your both pulling at it. Everyone involved with the action rolls a d20. The rolls are summarized. The sum of the rolls determines the outcome. Since you're performing the
action together, there is a higher chance of success.

--> Dungeon Master RP: This is roleplay that is initiated by the DM. In this case, the DM will tell
you when to roll. You roll as indicated by the DM and the DM will determine what happens with the
outcome of your roll. There's more surprise elements to this kind of rp than the previous ones.

--> Profession RP: This is the roll you use when you perform an action that your character is
specialized in. For instance a cook cooking food or a hunter taking a shot at a deer. You emote your
action, after which you follow it up with a /roll d20+5. You'll get a bonus 5 points to your roll,
because your character is skilled at the thing he/she does. This also counts for certain spots within
the colony. If you are roleplaying at a site with roll modifiers, signs will indicate it. For instance: a
kitchen will have a sign at the stove indicating you can roll +5 for when you're attempting to cook. If
your character is already a cook, this means you'll roll +10. This makes the RP more realistic, since a
noob would have more chance of burning his food than a proper cook would.

--> Wound RP: This is the roll you use when you perform an action while being wounded, dizzy,
sleepy, sick, weak, etc. You emote an action, followed up by a /roll d20-1 or minus another number,
increasing with the negative effects you're having.

--> Special Event RP: At times at the camp, the effort of the savages is rewarded with special
event rp. This happens for instance when some savages used all day to gather materials to build, or
worked their land all day, or used a big part of their time for something special. In this case, they may
add modifiers to their rolls, since they prepared well enough to have more chance of success.

Rules considering Joining and Leaving the camp:
--> You are a savage. We might later on have a raft, but that's about it. We don't ride horses. Keep this in mind when travelling to other places in the world.
--> You can be kicked off of the camp if you continue to break the above set rules.
--> You can leave the camp at any time ( for instance to join events and campaigns, or for roleplay with friends that live somewhere else!)
--> You cannot live on the camp as well as in some other region, town or village.
--> You can leave at any time, if you think the rp is not what you thought it would be.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions

1. How did the savages get to the New World?
The savages saw the colonists leaving.
Some savages followed along, others managed to hide on board ships leaving for the new land. Some of the smarter savages made deals with corrupt captains to get on board.

2. Why did the savages settle where they did?
The savages found the maze-like caves under the surface of the island ideal to hide and live in.

3. Why do the savages and colonists fight?
The savages are aggressive by nature. The way savages behave is barbaric to the colonists, the way colonists behave is offensive to the savages. There is a mutual disliking. The colonists also want to steal the loot in the savages' caves.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Current Members and forms

How to join:
Joining with an existing character:
To join the savages, your character needs to be or become crazed. You comment below that you like to join. You then let your character join the colonists. Once there, he or she will be captured by the savages in some way. Once captured your char will be dragged into a cave and will be held there until madness. Then he or she is part of the tribe.

Joining with a new character:
You can make a new character and be a savage from the start. Send you char profile to me in a convo and we will see if you are fit to join :)

Joining form
Username:
Character name:
Reason for joining:
Do you agree to follow the rules?

- Rahm (Current Leader) Piratep00f
- Zenrak (?) Zenrak

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Savages Culture
What are the savages like?

The Savages are not called savages for nothing.

• The hierarchy within the culture is based on the rule of the strongest. This ensures a strong tribe that is able to overcome challenges. The strongest savage is the leader of the tribe. At any moment, the leader may be overthrown by another individual. This may be done by any means: Poison, backstabbing, face-to-face confrontation, manipulation, psychological warfare, etc. The idea behind this is; if the leader can be brought down by its own tribe, it surely can by its enemies. As long as none of them die without consent! The leader must always consent to harm, though! (For those who know the sith hierarchy of the game Star Wars The Old Republic, their culture is somewhat the same)
The savages are cannibals who gain most power from making other people fear them (they were first based off the cannibals from the game The Forest)
  • The savages send out a single scrawny scout sometimes to the colonists camp. Their goal: to always induce some sense of fear to their enemy. To make them think the savages could come around any time! They scream from afar, they watch you from a distance, they run towards you and then quickly back off, just to scare you.
  • The cannibals live in huts above ground, as well as in caves below ground. The savages are a very artistic people, just not in the way normal people are used to. They drag all their valuables (including living things) into the caves and make the most horrifying ornaments of them. Imagine a strung up fisherman decorated with his own set of 30 hooks. (The caves are going to be as creepy as we can make them!)

Reserved for le artz and screenshots

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
With rumors spreading that we'll be able to claim regions within a week, I'd like you all to know that from the moment of claiming we will be very active! Both the colony and the savages will be at each other's throat. All the while I'll oocly expand on the caves (they aren't dug there yet, but Readij told me she might be able to help :) )