Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sigrid SylvigDotter's Application [Accepted - Jinny]

Chalulabear

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Chalulabear

2. How old are you?
25 years old

3. What country are you from?
The United States of America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
(There, you can find information about how our server is run, as well as the playable races.)

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
For Metagaming, I'd define it as unfairly using out of game knowledge to gain an advantage over another player or situation. Powergaming would include Power phrasing, like you all mentioned "I bash my shield into (player) and it tosses their blade away" or any really marysue-ish behavior while rping.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No, since it isn't available for Vanilla players.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Raalvara

8. Tell us about yourself!
Hi, I'm Carrie. I do a lot of drawing as my main hobby, though I also work with fabrics and yarns sometimes too! I love swing music and alternative rock but I'll listen to almost anything with a good beat. I don't have any pets because I'm allergic to a lot of furry animals but I hope to one day own a Hedgehog and name them Noodle. I have a long-running DnD game I've been in for 2 years and it's the highlight of my week, so I'm excited to try online RP.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I do digital art and photography but if you'd like to see my work you could check out my art at my very infrequently updated Tumblr

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Raalvara is my IRL friend and finally convinced me to give it a try :D

Character Name:
Sigrid SlyvigDotter or Sigrid Daughter of Slyvig

Character Age:24 years old

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Red hair, grey eyes, pale skin

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
86b7608bc1c1b68a9cb2b02196048b32-png.jpg

Written Test!

When Sigrid boarded her ship to the new continent, she knew she would never set foot on the land of her Mother again. She knew the long soft grass of their pasture land wouldn't skim her skirts, the moss on the bank of their beach would never again soften her footsteps and the arms of her family would be... out of reach.

This was as planned of course, by both her and her parents, but even the most stalwart of hearts would be shaken by the thought of never seeing home again. Sylvig, her mother, and father-Bjorn had paved the way for her journey saving up for passage on one of the few remaining ships out of the Northern Kingdoms but the price was high. The entirety of Sigrid’s dowry would be the price to bring her to a new life. Fitting, if ironic.

Sigrid shook her head, thinking to herself, "No, this isn't the last time I will see home, but this is the last time I will see this home." She would find a new home, new lands. It was her dearest wish to find a place to call her own and to escape the ever-encroaching threat of the plague eating through her homeland. Her parents lived on a small fairly uninhabited northern island would escape most of the plague's reach but Sigrid did not want to be confined to only the outskirts of society to live without the fear of sickness, she was tired of an enemy without a face. She longed to learn to heal, she longed to build and fight and see what this world could offer, but the land she had lived in her entire life was not likely to complete the century.

If she must die, as all people do, she would die having seen the world and made her mark on it! She would build her new home and fill it with kind people, her legacy would be built by her hands and her bonds. But she didn’t plan on dying any time soon.

Sigrid climbed down below deck towards the small shared living quarters. She pulled her fur-lined cloak off and prepped her cot for sleep, stowing her pack on the shelf near the other passengers. Wrapping the cloak across her body as a makeshift blanket she held the sigil of Shalherana in her clutched hands and layback to dream of the life that awaited her.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points.

+Do not Powergame, Metagame or use X-Rays on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.