1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! Get Whitelisted Today and join us! Then check out our Starter Guide made just for you.
  3. Keep up-to-date on the Server Campaigns!
  4. Here's a guide to the Prestige plugin! Read it here.
  5. To purchase property at Storm's Landing, Please Click Here!
  6. Hey, Guest! Contribute to the Server to keep us Alive!

Sisterhood FAQ & Discussion

Discussion in 'Sisterhood of Shalherana' started by NIAH, Dec 31, 2016.

1. NIAH

NIAH The Awkward Retired Staff

The Sisterhood of Shalherana
    - Frequently Asked Questions -

- (And Discussion) -

"Some scholars note that the Sisterhood of Shalherana used to be much more public. However, the Corruption of old put many of them into hiding. Now it is uncertain how many Sisters there are, or even who they are. They exist as a mystery."

[​IMG]
    What is The Sisterhood of Shalherana?
    The Sisterhood of Shalherana is an order dedicated to bringing souls back to life. They do not care who that person may have been, what that person has done, or what they will possibly do. They work towards the ideal realm of Shalherana, which means as much life as possible. By bringing another soul back to life, they are one step closer to Shalherana's vision. They are a secluded order that remains neutral and unaffiliated from the politics of the realm. They will never marry, nor have children, and live their entire life dedicated to the work.

What happens to my character ICly if I put them in the revival queue?
    When someone dies, the Sisters can sense the tug of a soul that isn't ready to pass into The Grey Lady's realm. When a soul has a particularly strong will to live, there is a chance they can revive it. A Sister will search for the body (if possible) and bring it back to the temple. If the Sisters are able to restore/heal the corpse, they take them to Storm's Landing, where they will wake up on their own with their soul inside. Otherwise, they will have to "reform" a new body in which to put in Storm's Landing. The person will have no memory of the 24 hours leading up to their death and have no idea how they got to Storm's landing. Any injuries sustained within the 24 hour window will not be present, but old injuries/scars/wounds will return if it happened before the 24 hour period.

How does the revival queue work OOCly?
    When you put your character in queue, there are a set of factors that determine if it's possible to revive them and how long it will take. When the player posts in the queue, staff will roll a 1d20 - (# of previous deaths). If the roll is a negative number, that character is permanently dead with no further chance of revival within the Sisterhood Queue. This means that the more a character dies, the higher the chance of permadeath. Characters still have a chance to be revived by a mage, if they fail the Sisterhood roll, however. If a character is eligible for revive, staff will set it to pending once it is their turn in queue. Once a character is revived, or deemed permadead, staff will edit your queue post to state when they've been handled.

Does my character know that they died?
    No. All they know is that they woke up in Storm's Landing with no idea how they got there. They have absolutely no memory of the 24 hours leading up to their death, so unless they were dying for days or in a hairy situation, they'd likely not be able to figure it out.

Does my character know who killed them?
    In short, no. As stated above, they have no memory of 24 hours before their death. However, a person may or may not feel a bit uneasy, on edge, or moderately uncomfortable around their killer if they met soon after the revival. However, this unease tends to fade over time. It is up to the player how intense to play this. Same goes with the location of their death.

How frequently do revivals happen in society?
    If you think of the entire world as a whole, it is not that often. The average NPC would not be revived, most likely. Even though it does happen for player characters, it is still something shocking and surprising when someone once dead just walks into a room because it is not that common for the deceased to reappear in average society.

Does my character remember the conversations that happened in the Sisterhood Forum RP thread?
    Unfortunately not. When they are revived, their memory goes back in time. Thus, they would have no memory of the time they spent dead.

What is the Sisterhood Forum RP Cave?
    It is a large cavern that seems to vary based on who's seeing it. It is a holding cell for the souls, so to speak. It is the place they go before passing on, or before they are revived. Souls fade in and fade out as they come and go. There are no exits. You cannot pass through the wall or make a hole in it. You are trapped. When in the cave, you can interact with others within reason. You can talk, touch one another, but if someone tried to kill another person, it wouldn't happen. There is no pain in the cave, since you're just a soul in a metaphysical place.

Why was a new FAQ thread made?
    Many of the older threads mentioned information that is no longer relevant to the current server environment. Pacts are not currently used, and there were several threads that could be condensed into one. Old threads were archived to make way for an up-to-date area for questions and discussion.

What if my question isn't listed here?
    Then ask! Our staff and community are very helpful and knowledgeable. They should hopefully be able to answer any question you have! This thread is designed for questions and discussion, so feel free to bump it with any curiosities!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    • Player Love Player Love x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Firegirl

Firegirl Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Alanis Faleth
    Race:
    Elf
    In-game Town/City:
    Compendiom
    House:
    None
    What happens to souls that are black-listed by the Gods?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Cap

Cap Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    John of Gaunter
    Alt Name:
    Sir Florian von Piers
    Race:
    Human
    i swear there used to be another version of this thread

if im not crazy why'd you repost it

if this is the first FAQ thread ignore me im crazy

• Like Like x 1
  4. NIAH

If there is a soul that has been barred from resurrection by divine forces, then the Sisters would find that they are simply unable to bring them back for the most part. If there would be a scenario in which a player's character has any sort of 'blacklist' on them, the player would be OOCly aware of it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Rygan

Rygan Rygan.

Race:
    Human
    Weren't pacts only pushed out of use due to the Sisterhood temple being destroyed? If so, that's obviously no longer a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Naelwyn

Naelwyn Non sum qualis eram

Also because they were a bloody nightmare to manage and I /strongly/ advise folks not to bring them back.

It wasn't just technically the temple being destroyed but half the sisterhood being corrupted too.

By the by, that was one plothook/chain that kinda died before we got to take it interesting places.

• Like Like x 1
    • Player Love Player Love x 1
  7. Cymic_

Cymic_ Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Cymic Seymour
    Alt Name:
    Nardoc Hakiaz
    Race:
    Elf
    In-game Town/City:
    Halbed, Konungsriki
    House:
    All of Halbed
    If they do not carry their magic to the children they'll never have, theoretically how do they gain more members?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rygan

Rygan Rygan.

Race:
    Human
    What makes you think they die to begin with? I don't imagine healers with the ability to bring the dead back to life are dropping from lung cancer, and there's never been a raid on their temple.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cymic_

Cymic_ Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Cymic Seymour
    Alt Name:
    Nardoc Hakiaz
    Race:
    Elf
    In-game Town/City:
    Halbed, Konungsriki
    House:
    All of Halbed
    That imposes that all the sisters are immortal. I mean symptoms of old age, would the sisters not become old and frail? (Unless their entirety of their body regenerates.) Could they even use their own magic?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Naelwyn

Naelwyn Non sum qualis eram

This is in fact the case. The sisterhood also used to keep people perpetually youthful for the entire population, and has since stopped. They do not induct new members.

Putting that together and Rygan is pretty much spot on.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sankera

Sankera Lord of Altera

Are all the sisters lesbians?

• Like Like x 5
    • Player Love Player Love x 2
  12. French Roast

French Roast Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Tryg Strand
    Race:
    Human
    In-game Town/City:
    Stoltfar
    Are you, uh, a real villain?

As a serious question- to what degree are they common knowledge? Are there just rumors/stories of their existence, or even nothing at all? There must be something, since every once in a while they come to random places looking for a dead body as you've described it, so they can occasionally be seen-

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cap

Cap Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    John of Gaunter
    Alt Name:
    Sir Florian von Piers
    Race:
    Human
    I mean people have gone to the temple, seen them, and spoke to them (although they don't respond) so I don't think it wouldn't be common knowledge

• Like Like x 1
  14. NIAH

I mean, people know the Sisters exist. Like Cap said, recent events have led people to the Sisterhood temple on this map. They're known, but they are secluded and try to isolate themselves. The Sisterhood temple on the last map was also more well known.
    Mysterious~

• Like Like x 1
  15. Raphael Payne

Raphael Payne Legend of Altera

Character Name:
    The Paleblood
    Race:
    Human
    I'd assume by complete randomness their whole not-aging-not-dying thing is caused by a blessing from shalher-mema, pretty sure am wrong

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cymic_

Cymic_ Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Cymic Seymour
    Alt Name:
    Nardoc Hakiaz
    Race:
    Elf
    In-game Town/City:
    Halbed, Konungsriki
    House:
    All of Halbed
    As Rygan said (and Naelwyn confirmed), it is assumingly because of their healing abilities.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NIAH

pssst you forgot the location

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cukie1

Cukie1 Essentially a Chihuahua Retired Council Member

Character Name:
    Lillium Shink'maho
    Alt Name:
    Marie du Lavoyard
    Race:
    Elf
    In-game Town/City:
    Natri'Evar/Garrosh'Lek
    House:
    Shink'maho
    It's uh- In Natri'Evar..

• Like Like x 1
  19. Estes241

Estes241 The Talking Pizza Retired Staff

Character Name:
    Grey - Laerornor
    Alt Name:
    Vallahad - Mileni - Shashter
    Race:
    Elf
    In-game Town/City:
    Linlea
    ....Ya... Natri'Evar.

• Like Like x 1
  20. NIAH

You have also not put all of the information. What's dat location.

• Like Like x 1