Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Revival FAQ & Discussion

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
REVIVAL DISCUSSION
- The FAQ Thread -

Please use this thread for any questions regarding the revival system. A new thread will be made in time using the HW account.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
i swear there used to be another version of this thread

if im not crazy why'd you repost it

if this is the first FAQ thread ignore me im crazy

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
i swear there used to be another version of this thread

if im not crazy why'd you repost it

if this is the first FAQ thread ignore me im crazy
Why was a new FAQ thread made?
Many of the older threads mentioned information that is no longer relevant to the current server environment. Pacts are not currently used, and there were several threads that could be condensed into one. Old threads were archived to make way for an up-to-date area for questions and discussion.

What happens to souls that are black-listed by the Gods?
If there is a soul that has been barred from resurrection by divine forces, then the Sisters would find that they are simply unable to bring them back for the most part. If there would be a scenario in which a player's character has any sort of 'blacklist' on them, the player would be OOCly aware of it.

Last edited:

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
Weren't pacts only pushed out of use due to the Sisterhood temple being destroyed? If so, that's obviously no longer a problem.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Weren't pacts only pushed out of use due to the Sisterhood temple being destroyed? If so, that's obviously no longer a problem.
Also because they were a bloody nightmare to manage and I /strongly/ advise folks not to bring them back.

It wasn't just technically the temple being destroyed but half the sisterhood being corrupted too.

By the by, that was one plothook/chain that kinda died before we got to take it interesting places.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
If they do not carry their magic to the children they'll never have, theoretically how do they gain more members?

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
If they do not carry their magic to the children they'll never have, theoretically how do they gain more members?
What makes you think they die to begin with? I don't imagine healers with the ability to bring the dead back to life are dropping from lung cancer, and there's never been a raid on their temple.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
What makes you think they die to begin with? I don't imagine healers with the ability to bring the dead back to life are dropping from lung cancer, and there's never been a raid on their temple.
That imposes that all the sisters are immortal. I mean symptoms of old age, would the sisters not become old and frail? (Unless their entirety of their body regenerates.) Could they even use their own magic?

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
This is in fact the case. The sisterhood also used to keep people perpetually youthful for the entire population, and has since stopped. They do not induct new members.

Putting that together and Rygan is pretty much spot on.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Are all the sisters lesbians?

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Pronouns
She/Her
French_Roast
French_Roast
Are all the sisters lesbians?
Are you, uh, a real villain?

As a serious question- to what degree are they common knowledge? Are there just rumors/stories of their existence, or even nothing at all? There must be something, since every once in a while they come to random places looking for a dead body as you've described it, so they can occasionally be seen-

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend

As a serious question- to what degree are they common knowledge? Are there just rumors/stories of their existence, or even nothing at all? There must be something, since every once in a while they come to random places looking for a dead body as you've described it, so they can occasionally be seen-
I mean people have gone to the temple, seen them, and spoke to them (although they don't respond) so I don't think it wouldn't be common knowledge

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff

I mean, people know the Sisters exist. Like Cap said, recent events have led people to the Sisterhood temple on this map. They're known, but they are secluded and try to isolate themselves. The Sisterhood temple on the last map was also more well known.

"Some scholars note that the Sisterhood of Shalherana used to be much more public. However, the Corruption of old put many of them into hiding. Now it is uncertain how many Sisters there are, or even who they are. They exist as a mystery."
Mysterious~

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I'd assume by complete randomness their whole not-aging-not-dying thing is caused by a blessing from shalher-mema, pretty sure am wrong

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I'd assume by complete randomness their whole not-aging-not-dying thing is caused by a blessing from shalher-mema, pretty sure am wrong
As Rygan said (and Naelwyn confirmed), it is assumingly because of their healing abilities.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Name: Grey (Under "Albiorix" in the queue)
Time since death: Two OOC days
Cause: Good ol' blade to the back + Bleeding out... Head was taken tiniest of bit after death too.
Queue: C
Previous: 3, via records
(Take sweet time one this'un, in no hurry)

pssst you forgot the location

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Name: Illthilior Athrendu
Time since death: A few minutes ago.
Cause: Blade to side and dagger to armpit. Bled out, kind of.
Queue: C
Previous: 2, by Sisterhood records.
You have also not put all of the information. What's dat location.

How To Apply For Revival:
If your character dies, there are two steps a player must take. First, you must fill out the form listed below and post it within this thread.

Character Name:
Time since death:
Cause of death:
Condition of Corpse:
Location of Corpse:
Previous Deaths (Recorded in the 'Sisterhood Records' thread):

The second step is to be patient and wait. It will take several days, and possibly even weeks, for your character to be revived. The speed of your character's revival depends on multiple factors, which is why the form has multiple questions. It is recommended that you put your character into the queue as soon as possible if you intend to revive them, or else you risk the chance of too much time and not being able to revive them at all.