Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sithis's Application ( Approved - Paint )

Sithis

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Masterlordflame
2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
Australia

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and power gaming?

Meta-Gaming would be looking at another players name and then calling them by it, Without first going through the process of introduction. It also applies one person telling another person about another character's movements over skype or discord. In General, It Applies to a person using out of character information in Roleplay, in which their character would have had no knowledge of.

Power Gaming Could be described as trying to force a roleplay situation on another player. /me slices you in half. Is a fitting example. The other character could also be carrying a weapon which means they would have had the ability to parry the attack rather than be instantly killed while being unable to do anything about it.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
I would think not as these kinds of hacks are frowned upon everywhere.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.

Paint

8. Tell us about yourself!

Well, my main hobbies include collecting coins and stamps however I enjoy playing games and reading books. If asked I think my first choice of music would be country as I grew up listening to it, But I have also been known to listen to bands such as Sabaton with their Power Metal Genre music. Though Generally, I will listen to whatever I think is catchy or sounds good even if it's a game soundtrack or some random mixes someone on the internet made. One of the games I would fanboy over the most is Halo, I'm a massive fan and try to collect as much merch as I can as well as the games. My Second Choice is Battlefield. I have nearly every single battlefield game, including the latest Battlefield 1. Following is The Elder Scrolls Franchise and the Fallout Franchise as well as Mass effect and Dragonage. Honestly, I could go on further about games I really enjoy playing but the ones I have already listed are at the top. I'm Hoping this is a start to allow you to get to know me better.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?

I did some work building on a past server I worked on. I built the Spawn Shop in a shopping mall design. While the server was not up for very long, I can say the very least I am very proud of that build.

I have a funny method when it comes to building and designing things on Minecraft. I generally look at some things for inspiration but mostly I just picture what I want it to look like and try to bring it to fruition.

While the example I going to show won't necessarily fit into to the lore of Altera, If I can picture it in my mind, I can build it.

Sadly I did not get the chance to finish this build. The server went down before I could so the screenshots I'm providing shows it in a nonfinished/bare state

This is the Completed building although without the finer details I desired.

This is before the above image but it shows up the Skylight ceiling.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I came across you through google.
About Your Character!

Character Name:
Tuzzuc Hammerbasher

Character Age:

Character Race:
Dwarf

Appearance:
4'9ft, Stocky Build. Red hair and beard with traditional dwarven braids. Green eyes.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Dardon Stoneforged, Son of Boznurum Longforge(Father) and Fokgrihilde Stormheart(Mother)

A Young Dwarf, Born into a family of blacksmiths is getting ready to set off on his own to learn the craft from Master blacksmiths across the land as is the tradition in his family. The father teaches the son everything he knows but will not forge a sword with his son until after he returns. This family tradition goes back to the days of the great dwarven clans. The point behind the tradition is that it acts as a right of passage.

The starting equipment is just standard leather armour, a backpack of sorts filled with provisions such as bread, cheese, dried meat and a waterskin. He also has with him a Dwarven made Short sword that also happens to be a family Heirloom. It has Certainly seen better days, It has had a hundred plus years worth of mending and sharpening.The Pommel of the Shortsword has the family crest on it which is two dwarves holding hammers crossed above an anvil. In his pack can also be found, extra clothing, A sleeping roll, and a picture of his family. What you won't find on him, is any blacksmithing tools of any kind. This is in order for him to slowly gain the knowledge and tools over time.

The Young Dwarf was born in a human village which his family had settled. As per usual for a dwarf, he is the standard height of 4'9ft and is of stocky build. He is the Age of 25.
He has Firery red hair that his family have said for generations is the colour of the forge they work.
A big red beard to match that is braided in dwarven style at the bottom.
His eyes are green like his mother while the rest of his looks come from his father.
He is the eldest of 3 children, His siblings are his sisters.

According to his family history, his family once stood at the side of one of the great clans, The Deepforgers. Though this was before his grandfathers time and is ancient history now.Whatever history that had been recorded of the disappearance of the Great Clans, either doesn't exist or was lost. Though Dardon enjoyed listening to tales of the old dwarven fortresses when he was still young.

As a Dwarf, there is one thing Dardon longs for the most. For a new Dwarven City or Fortress to be built like the days of old.

Paint

Lord of Altera
Frosty
Retired Staff
ShadowAdmin
ShadowAdmin
Frosty
Hello there Sithis Sorry for the delay. Your application is good; However, I'd like to suggest you take a look on the Dwarves subforum and get a feel for the lore, as it will help you once you start RPing. You can view the lore page here.

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.
You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.
1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.