Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Completed Skin Contest #1 - Pantheon - Submissions CLOSED

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
-- ATTENTION SKIN MAKERS --
Would you like a chance to win radiants for your skin abilities? I am starting a new contest where you can do just that! You can see where I first suggested/envisioned this contest { Here }. Here's how this contest works:

1. Niah announces a new skin contest, theme, and due date
  2. You make a skin for that theme
  3. You send the account lolitsniahagain an entry fee of 5,000r that she will hold as the 'pot'. You MUST send her a screenshot of the payment so she knows you actually sent it.
  4. You send Niah a screenshot of your finished skin entry in a private convo. A full image of the skin on a model, not the tiny skin file.
  5. When the submission portion ends, Niah will update/edit this post to show the entries
  6. The whole community will vote on the winner by commenting below
  7. When voting ends, Niah will send the "pot" to the winner. How big the pot gets all depends on how many people enter.
  8. A new contest will then begin once the previous winner gets their money, for as long as people show interest and want to participate.

I'm tagging people that showed interest in the original suggestion thread.
Vincentius Cymic_ ForestRose Firegirl BoredBrit Mitch Rygan Solus Lady Alec Charybdis

---------------------------------------​

Contest One: Pantheon

What:
Make a skin depicting your favorite god in the Pantheon. However you think they look, how you think they should look, or based on art of them. Interpret this however you want. It is up to the community voting to decide who wins.

When:
Submissions are open from June 14th through June 21st
Voting will take place 22nd through 27th
Winner announced and gets their money on the 28th
A new contest will also be announced on the 28th where this will start all over

Rules:
-- All skins must be original. You cannot find a skin someone else made and claim it as your own, or use obvious parts of someone else's skin.
-- If I don't see a screenshot of your payment, then you don't get to enter. This is to make sure no one tries to cheat the system. To win the pot, I need to have proof you contributed to it. Best not to forget that screenshot when you send me the radiants.
-- You can submit as many entries as you like, but you need to pay an entry fee for every skin.
-- You can only vote once when commenting begins
-- Have fun. :)
--------------------------------------------------------------

Completed Entries So Far:
BoredBrit
Spirit
Smurf
Firegirl
Charybdis
Elz

WINNER:

Last edited:

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
But think of how much you could win if you enter. It's like a game tournament. I am open to altering the entry fee if others chime in.
Hm, I guess that is true. Those are good at skins will probably not mind paying the fee

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Can we submit multiple skins? Can people vote multiple times?
You'd have to submit an entry fee for every skin you do.

You can only vote for one skin. (Good question, so I'll add that to the rules when voting happens)

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
You'd have to submit an entry fee for every skin you do.

You can only vote for one skin. (Good question, so I'll add that to the rules when voting happens)
Hmm.. Do your votes add up or no?

Doing multiple skins would be counterproductive as it dilutes your votes between two skins.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Not sure what you mean? Are you asking if you can vote for yourself? Or if artists can vote? As far as I'm concerned, you can vote for yourself yah.
Let's say i do a Rahas skin, then i do a Shalherana skin. Rahas gets 5 votes, Shalherana gets 7

Do I have 13 votes or "5 and 7?"

EDIT: doing two different skins would dilute your potential vote counts between 2 skins.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Let's say i do a Rahas skin, then i do a Shalherana skin. Rahas gets 5 votes, Shalherana gets 7

Do I have 13 votes or "5 and 7?"

EDIT: doing two different skins would dilute your potential vote counts between 2 skins.
You're not voting for the player. You're voting for the skin. Rahas by Cymic has 5 and Shalherana by Cymic has 7. Votes wouldn't stack.