Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

SkyArrows Whitelisting Application [Declined - Squidziod]

Akida

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
SkyArrows

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
America

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming: Using OOC knowledge to influence IC decisions.
Powergaming: Forcing things on other player's characters.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Niko

8. Tell us about yourself!
I write and LOVE DOGS AND HORSES! I do photography and singing as well!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Wattpad---SkyArrows

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Looked it up

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server. We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Akida

Character Age:
17-18

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Hair: Dark orange, braided around her head
Eyes: Dark green
Skin: White, kinda tan
Clothing: Blue pants with grey spots, a grey jacket, and a white shirt. Then black boots.

Written Test!
As a little girl everyone had looked out for Akida. But she never enjoyed that. Her fearless, strong, independent nature always found a way to take over. That was, until the day her home was attack. The horrors of seeing her Mother, Father, Baby Brother, best friends, and even her enemies killed, was to much. So she left. Never coming close to anyone for a long time. She travels from place to place, until reaching one town. Wanting to become a guard and finally settle with her life. Hopefully able to forget what happened.

Current Setting of the Server:

As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.

The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows. In this new land, it even seems as if demons and the explainable come out to play.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Hello and thank you for applying! I really appreciate you being so patient, and apologize for the long wait. Overall, your application looks pretty good, but there are a few things I'd like you to take a look at improving:
  1. Your written test is short! It's only 94/400 words and needs to be expanded.
  2. We really prefer if the written tests are not centered around the death of family, friends, or other loved ones. It begins to enter serious trope territory, and we like to see something a little more creative.
  3. Can you post a picture of your MC skin?
It's mostly the written test being so short. Again, I really appreciate you being so patient, and I hope you will continue to work with me in getting your application done. Once you've made the proper amendments post here and I'll take a second look.

Akida

Villager
Writing Test
In a small tribal town lived a girl named Akida she had a normal life, as normal as being taught to raise her tribe could be. She was the Tribe Leaders oldest child. Her parents refused to let her play with the others for her ability to turn into an unheard of creature. A Shadow. To help keep her powers contained her parents gave her an amulet that she keeps hidden on her at all times. Not even her brothers and sisters knew of her special abilities, it was only to make sure that no rumors came around. Akida never had a chance to play with the other kids, at least during the day. At night she would throw on old clothes and run outside to a river near her home, the most outside time she got. Then when rumors began to spread everyone began to fear for Akida. She never enjoyed that. Her fearless, strong, independent nature always found a way to take over and push away most people that protected her. That was, until the day her home was attack by people wanting to use her powers. The horrors of seeing her Mother, Father, Baby Brother, Sisters, best friends, and even her enemies killed, was to much. So she left in the middle of the battle. Never allowing herself to get close to anyone again. Now she searches the land to find somewhere to live. Teaching herself magic so she can protect herself from anyone who attempts to hurt her and use her powers, good or bad. She wants to make friends, but is afraid she will be hurt again. But for the start, she tries.
Tries to keep her powers hidden.
Tries to keep her real identity a secret.
Tries to keep her past and her heart, away from everyone else.

I can't pull up the picture for some reason. Sorry.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Thanks for taking another wack at it, but unfortunately there are still some problems with your written test.
  • Your written test still contains a heavy presence of cliche type character tropes. These include:
    • Death of family or loved ones,
    • Home destroyed by war or bandits,
    • Uncontrollable powers,
    • Secret identities or royal background,
    • Supernatural animal affinity,
    • Abandoned at birth,
  • Your test also mentions your character teaching herself magic, something that is not allowed. In fact, there should be no mention of magic at all.
  • Your character can not have magical powers.
  • Your written test is still short, only being 304/400 words
  • Try using the file upload for your skin, and make sure it's in .PNG or .JPEG format to ensure it will upload. I still need to see it.
I know this looks like a lot, but I appreciate your patience in this matter and your continued efforts to improve your test. I look forward to reading your new test, and thank you for your interest in our community. Same as last time, post here when you've made the proper amendments.

Akida

Villager
Writing Test
In a small tribal town lived a girl named Akida she had a normal life, as normal as being taught to raise her tribe could be. She was the Tribe Leaders oldest child. Her parents refused to let her play with the other kids, so that she could focus on running the tribe. Her Mother had given her a special pendant that she keeps hidden on her at all times. It is more precious to her than life itself. Not even her brothers and sisters know of her special pendant. It was something she liked to keep secret, so she knew it was all hers. Akida never had a chance to play with the other kids, at least during the day. At night she would throw on old clothes and run outside to a river near her home, the most outside time she got. Then rumors began to spread, about a thieves guild. Everyone began to fear for Akida's safety and the safety of the rest tribe. She never enjoyed that. Her fearless, strong, independent nature always found a way to take over and push away most people that protected her. That was, until the day her home was attack by thieves from the guild. One's who wanted to her pendant. The horrors of seeing her Mother, Father, Baby Brother, Sisters, best friends, and even her enemies killed on her state, was to much. So she left in the middle of the battle. Never allowing herself to get close to anyone again. Now she searches the land to find somewhere to live. She wants to make friends, but is afraid she will be hurt again. But for the start, she tries.
Tries to keep her powers hidden.
Tries to keep her real identity a secret.
Tries to keep her past and her heart, away from everyone else.

Most characters that I do fit into some kind of past such as this. I'm not sure what else you want me to add since Akida's reserved most of the time. If you could be a little more specific on what I'd need to add that would really help a lot.
I tried with the photo again. I'm sorry, I still can't pull up the picture for some reason. I'll keep trying though.

Last edited:

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
OK, you're making good progress, but there are still some problems with the story:
  • Story is still short, 307/400 words.
  • Her whole family and everyone she knows still dies. Please don't have a character with this trait.
  • Story still mentions "powers" which is a quality she shouldn't have.
I'm looking for you to write something about a character who is interesting not because of the things that have happened to her, the skills she has, or the clothes she wears, but because she has engaging personal qualities or mannerisms. Characters should be motivated and somewhat flawed, like real people are-- this allows us to empathize with them and it's what makes them fundamentally interesting to us. They don't need to be defined by crazy or wild happenings in their life. Focus on writing your character to focus less on tragic or incredible special things that have happened to her, and instead focus on how she might approach everyday life without a violent or traumatic past.

I hope that helps, let me know again when you've done some more work on the story. Also, keep trying with that picture, see if you can get it to upload. If not, that's alright, but try all the same. Thank you!

Kiko

Villager
With the picture head to your skin editor, or namemc and download it onto your computer, Best to make a folder for the skin. Then open that folder or picture and put it in as a browse file. :3 Hope this helped!

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I'm going to decline this application, due to slow response time, and repeated mistakes in the application. You're absolutely welcome to make a second application, but I recommend doing so after taking a few days to familiarize yourself with your mistakes on this application, as well as the actual requirements themselves. I think you will be able to get some good results, and I hope to see you apply for a second time.

Thanks for your interest, and your patience, we hope to see you again!