Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Skyrim Mods: Beyond Skyrim Bruma

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84946/?

So since Elder Scrolls 6 is no where in sight for the foreseeable and then some future. I was looking at Mods and this one looks pretty great. I'm downloading it right now but the entire project seems excellent. The idea of the project is to slowly add in the entirety of Tamriel continent and more one area at a time. Granted its a huge goal and one that may not ever see completion.

But after five years of development they have finally released the first part of the Cyrodil expansion, Bruma.

Anyone else excited about it and hoping this group of modders can do what Bethesda won't and give us more Elder Scrolls adventures. So far the weakest part I've noticed in videos of folks in the beta testing of it, was the on again off again quality of the voice acting. Which is to be expected given that its a fan project all done for free. You can't exactly afford to hire massive talent.

Last edited:

IceandFire

The Alchemist
Staff member
Admin
Good
Pronouns
He/Him
icefire120
icefire120
Good
I've seen some of this - wanted to play through it. I did play through a few mods when I was still heavily playing Skyrim - a lot of the quests are great they just get buggy at times.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
I've seen some of this - wanted to play through it. I did play through a few mods when I was still heavily playing Skyrim - a lot of the quests are great they just get buggy at times.
Post your modded Skyrim showcases and playthroughs from YouTube.

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
I taught Imm to mod. He hates my ENB and everything that improves the looks of the game. It hurts my heart and my beautiful Skyrim ;-;

On topic I intend to play this but gunna wait for bugs to be found and fixed and I finish another game I'm currently playing.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I taught Imm to mod. He hates my ENB and everything that improves the looks of the game. It hurts my heart and my beautiful Skyrim ;-;

On topic I intend to play this but gunna wait for bugs to be found and fixed and I finish another game I'm currently playing.
On the ENB issue.

Alec: It's so Pretty!
Me: Yes but I can't see 5 foot in front of my character when it's "storming" in game. Also when i'm on fire i am completely blind.
Alec: So pretty blindness tho!
Me: I need to seeee!

Lady Alec

Captain No Fun
Mystic
Retired Staff
Lady_Alec
Lady_Alec
LegendMystic
On the ENB issue.

Alec: It's so Pretty!
Me: Yes but I can't see 5 foot in front of my character when it's "storming" in game. Also when i'm on fire i am completely blind.
Alec: So pretty blindness tho!
Me: I need to seeee!
Me: Na you don't need to see anything but how pretty it all is!

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
Also on a serious note about the mod Alec may be the smart one here. Due to its large nature, there a plethora of bugs the biggest of which is an annoying habit of crashing to desktop currently. They have identified the issue and plan on releasing a fix that should stop most of that in their first patch. They already hot patched the file since release which was one day ago, so the modders are actively supporting their release.

That said the voice acting isn't bad at all. I've noticed lots of tiny bugs here and there but its so nice to be back in Cyrodiil with modern graphics. Enjoying it thoroughly. In a month or so I imagine they will have all the major bugs worked out, compatibility patches with most major mods (haven't encountered any on my playthrough currently and I'm running around 60 of the more common mods) and a long list of tiny bugs fixed.

List of current Bugs I've encountered in order of severity
  • CTD (Crash to Desktop) apparently this gets worse the older your rig is, so if you have an old machine I'd hold off getting the mod until at least the next major patch releases. I'll update the thread here when that happens.
  • Voiced Lines sound files not playing on que.
  • A certain stairway in the Bruma Synod (Formerly Mages guild building) being very difficult to get up. Really minor you can get up it, its just odd that the stairwell is doing that.
  • This bug combines with the voice bug. Certain lines of dialogue displaying for about a second before disappearing making it pretty much impossible to read in such a short time. Literally only happens with one NPC who was just a merchant with no quests attached thus this being so low on the list.
  • Unsure if a bug or not. In the Bruma Synod building there is a glowing aura emanating from a section of the floor. Doesn't do anything positive or negative, just sort of glows.
That said Bruma the City is amazing. Also it is open air. Meaning there is no loading screen between the outside world and city you just walk right in. That said it has a habit of crashing around the city, so honestly I'd rather have an instanced city and have stability vs this. However seeing as they are actively working on improving the game and fixing the errors and crashes it will be really cool once they fix it.
There are apparently multiple ways into Cyrodiil from Skyrim, one being a road where you meet an Imperial roadblock. Unsure how well that is implemented. I was searching for it when I found a dungeon I didn't remember in Skyrim then when it I got close the name Serpents Path appeared. Went through a smugglers cave and entered the blessed promised land of Cyrodiil.

Right now, fully recommend folks listen to Alec and wait till the first patch comes out. As i'm lucky to get 30 mins of gameplay without a crash. That said definitely put this on your watch list to keep an eye on as this mod is going to be amazing.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
Also on a serious note about the mod Alec may be the smart one here. Due to its large nature, there a plethora of bugs the biggest of which is an annoying habit of crashing to desktop currently. They have identified the issue and plan on releasing a fix that should stop most of that in their first patch. They already hot patched the file since release which was one day ago, so the modders are actively supporting their release.

That said the voice acting isn't bad at all. I've noticed lots of tiny bugs here and there but its so nice to be back in Cyrodiil with modern graphics. Enjoying it thoroughly. In a month or so I imagine they will have all the major bugs worked out, compatibility patches with most major mods (haven't encountered any on my playthrough currently and I'm running around 60 of the more common mods) and a long list of tiny bugs fixed.

List of current Bugs I've encountered in order of severity
  • CTD (Crash to Desktop) apparently this gets worse the older your rig is, so if you have an old machine I'd hold off getting the mod until at least the next major patch releases. I'll update the thread here when that happens.
  • Voiced Lines sound files not playing on que.
  • A certain stairway in the Bruma Synod (Formerly Mages guild building) being very difficult to get up. Really minor you can get up it, its just odd that the stairwell is doing that.
  • This bug combines with the voice bug. Certain lines of dialogue displaying for about a second before disappearing making it pretty much impossible to read in such a short time. Literally only happens with one NPC who was just a merchant with no quests attached thus this being so low on the list.
  • Unsure if a bug or not. In the Bruma Synod building there is a glowing aura emanating from a section of the floor. Doesn't do anything positive or negative, just sort of glows.
That said Bruma the City is amazing. Also it is open air. Meaning there is no loading screen between the outside world and city you just walk right in. That said it has a habit of crashing around the city, so honestly I'd rather have an instanced city and have stability vs this. However seeing as they are actively working on improving the game and fixing the errors and crashes it will be really cool once they fix it.
There are apparently multiple ways into Cyrodiil from Skyrim, one being a road where you meet an Imperial roadblock. Unsure how well that is implemented. I was searching for it when I found a dungeon I didn't remember in Skyrim then when it I got close the name Serpents Path appeared. Went through a smugglers cave and entered the blessed promised land of Cyrodiil.

Right now, fully recommend folks listen to Alec and wait till the first patch comes out. As i'm lucky to get 30 mins of gameplay without a crash. That said definitely put this on your watch list to keep an eye on as this mod is going to be amazing.
I have no idea if you have revisited the mod, but recently, especially the console version, is really well done with both voice acting and quest viability.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I have no idea if you have revisited the mod, but recently, especially the console version, is really well done with both voice acting and quest viability.
I'm PC and I was a constant player through each patch, watching how stability improved and it was great. I never updated this as there was a noted lack of interest on the forums. Still very impressive and by far one of the best mods to ever be made.

Jinny

Kitten
Blessed
Korca
Korca
Blessed
I'm PC and I was a constant player through each patch, watching how stability improved and it was great. I never updated this as there was a noted lack of interest on the forums. Still very impressive and by far one of the best mods to ever be made.
Eyyy if you ever want to discuss Elder Scrolls message me sometime!