Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

So You Wanna Be Mentally Ill

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
This is really well done :D though I will have to say that trying to give a character autism would be quite the challenge as... the thinking is different and the actions are different, but not entirely. From my experience (Being diagnosed with what used to be called asperger syndrome and is now mild autism) the biggest difference is the thoughts you ahve about your actions. Whereas many people are more inclined to have a sort of suspension of disbelief, people with autism (Mild-Moderate) tend to focus more on how it wouldn't happen/work/be realistic. (That's probably why I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut about topics that I find have flaws (no matter how slight and ignorable they may be) and when it gets more severe, you tend to notice the world less except for personal guidelines set for you repeatedly, no matter how weird they may seem (There's a book called "Rules" that addresses this topic very well.) It would certainly be interesting to see a character with a higher level, though still functioning, of autism... but I highly doubt it would be done well to be honest, especially since it would be really boring to play due to the more isolationistic style of those diagnosed with autism.
this is an interesting insight!-i'm potentially on the spectrum (never diagnosed or anything), due to heritage and having a finger in every pie when it comes to spectrums; i appreciate the feedback :heart:

You know what? I'm gonna be here for a little, and I have a gift.
lmao

The Courier

Lord of Altera
I want to mention, The Courier 's Sif Sigurd has something like this, if what i was told is correction. Sailing through bodies for 5 miles-- I think Sif is a good example of how to RP this correctly, as he doesn't constantly run around, hollering about the tragic things of his life.
I could go and write out about every single damn terrible thing that has happened to him in RP that made him like he is, but that's a major one. During an event for the Bastion Stones we had to RP sailing and understandably I RP'd out Sif's PTSD, well, I rolled a damn 1 and he actually just kinda snapped and froze into place. The only time he'd respond would be when someone familiar to Artorius, Lucius, or Brogan spoke to him. Was a complete and other flashback, but I had fun with it!

Main reason he's monotone actually is due to the Order of the Fallen Light's teachings, "Put duty before emotion."

Also I absolutely know my character is a dark edgy cunt. It's why I love playing him.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
I could go and write out about every single damn terrible thing that has happened to him in RP that made him like he is, but that's a major one. During an event for the Bastion Stones we had to RP sailing and understandably I RP'd out Sif's PTSD, well, I rolled a damn 1 and he actually just kinda snapped and froze into place. The only time he'd respond would be when someone familiar to Artorius, Lucius, or Brogan spoke to him. Was a complete and other flashback, but I had fun with it!

Main reason he's monotone actually is due to the Order of the Fallen Light's teachings, "Put duty before emotion."

Also I absolutely know my character is a dark edgy cunt. It's why I love playing him.

you're also one of the few people who can properly play out edgy