Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sopostra the Wise Requests Knowledge!

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
A Few Flyers are posted on the message boards of Storm's Landing, they contain the following:
Greetings, people of the New World. I am Sopostra the Wise, mentor to many princes. I am writing my newest manuscript, War & Battle: The Essential Manuscript for an Heir, an instructional manual gifted to only the most esteemed of foreign princes. It covers the basics of how to conduct a war and lead one's people to victory. It is, unfortunately, too valuable to be sold to the common people. In order for me to finish, I must research the military of every people, nation, and House- their history and their organization, their arms and armor. I have completed a few editions for other continents, but I must know of the militaries in this foreign land- so I may publish it to the many princes I am mentors to- outside of this continent of course.
All I need to know is the location of the Kings and Queens of this land are- for I will be getting my information directly from them. Fear not, I shall not divulge this information on this continent- at least to people of whom I know may go to war with each other. I shall not talk of strengths nor weaknesses, only their ideal organization- I am a scholar, not a critic or dirty spy.

Specifically, I look for these people, though I am not limited to them:

1. The Kaiser of Anhald and his vassals Cap
2. The Peaceful people of Emyn Arnen Teeke
3. The Ruler of the Sangria Regime Cymic_
4. The Rulers of Mockingbay mokwar
5. The Consul of Valerius Old-Seadog
6. The House of Fuvur blargtheawesome
7. The Doge of Almafia Etow

If these people so choose to decline my request for an audience, then I shall respect such terms. I will conduct our dialogues in the comfort of their own homes, or barracks, and will request nothing but knowledge- not jewels nor riches.

OOC Note: I've decided to continue the work on that little project- and I'll need your help! I want to catalogue the militaries of every faction here! On a certain day agreed upon IRP and OOC by the various Rulers of the continent, I'll RP as Sopostra the Wise (think Aristotle, but without the beard), seeking his daily cup of knowledge. It's a little silly, I know- but with all these wars and fights going on, I'd like to know what specialities and culture each army brings to the server! I hope this can take off on an exciting note!
Also, he is an event character, so he cannot be killed or imprisoned unless it's for a good reason- of which there will be none. He is an old man, so he can't really cause too much harm.

Last edited:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Talerosite throne? There's no such thing like that in our server history.

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
I am aware- it's just a random place I made so as not to accidentally blunder into server lore I don't know about. If you look at the link I placed- there's an OOC note that explains it all. It's honestly just all placeholder names for places that give the character Sopostra and his manuscript a mysterious sort of embellishment- you can assume they existed at one point in this wide universe, but there is no need to make it lore.

Tl;dr, this is for fun, the names not included in server history are for fun.

Old-Seadog

Lord of Altera
We don't have a senate. There's just like an elected mayor dude and everybody comes together to do stuff. Seems kind of cool. I'd like to see it when it's done. Kind of puzzled to why you tagged me since we just have a rag tag group of dudes with swords and armor, but I can help if you want.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I'm interested in helping out with this, however Cymic might not be around for a bit.

Etow

Lord of Altera
your invited to meet the Doge in his palace in Amalfia for an audiance. It would be a very interesting talk I am certain :)

Heie

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Legend
Staff
Just thought I might add that this is the only known continent as far as I know. And before someone says, hey there is the sorrows, well I don't think any nation lives there.