Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Soviet_Reindeer Whitelist App Part 2 [Approved-Ayda]

SovietReindeer

Lord of Altera
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Soviet_Reindeer

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States.

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming - The use of OOC information in an IC way, such as if someone tells you in a skype call that they're being robbed on the other side of the map from you and you just show up there to save the day. Or if you tell someone that your character cheated on theirs and then said someone takes that information and uses it with their own character.

Powergaming - Making your character basically a god, or gaming the system. With your character they could have no weaknesses at all, thats considered power gaming. Another form of powergaming is to use the mechnics in the game to gain an advantage, either economically or character advantages. It also involves using emotes that don't give others a chance to respond, forcing actions on others. Imaginary followers are also considered powergame and in the case that they give you information, it's metagame.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
No

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
223hero7

8. Tell us about yourself!
I still play tons of competitive games just like I did when I applied for the server the first time a few years back. Things like League of Legends, Overwatch, Starcraft. Nowadays it's more just for fun than for anything else. I'm also going to begin courses in college for electrical engineering. I plan to make this knowledge into a career. I enjoy all sorts of music, nothing in particular though I can't find the appeal in screamo and I'm also not all too fond of country music.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
N/A. It said optional

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
I used to be on the server long ago

About Your Character!

Character Name:
Ashryn Blyth (Preexisting character)

Character Age:
Seventy-Seven

Character Race:
Forest Elf

Appearance:
Ashryn Blyth has a narrow face, her most prominent features being her high cheekbones, sun-kissed skin, and vibrant emerald hued eyes. Her hair is long and wavy and the color resembles iron that's been long forgotten and rusting away in the back of an equally long forgotten barn. She stands at a decent height of 5'7 and has a runner's build. Her bare shoulders would appear fairly toned, as one would expect from an archer. Her normal expression displays sorrow though her personality tells a much different story.

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:
http://prntscr.com/j6gocu

Written Test!
Ashryn Blyth sat in the Crossroads in on the long lost continent of Altera. She found herself forgetting the hustle and bustle around her, opting to trace the wood-grain of the table she was at instead. All the while she whistled a basic tune, four notes at most. She'd occasionally glance up to the entrance, seeming to check for something or someone.

Finally a dark-hair man, just entering the tavern, seemed to take interest in the lone Forest Elf. He'd make her way over to her offering a small wave and a simple "Hello." Ashryn looked up, her brow furrowing for a moment as she studied the stranger's features. She'd stop tracing the grain of the wooden table and bring her index fingers into the shape of an 'X'. She'd hold the shape against her lips for a moment while the stranger stared back at her with a somewhat confused expression.

"What's wrong? Forget how to talk?" The man asked in a joking tone.

Ashryn dropped her hands back to the table after, drawing in a deep breath before shaking her head. She sat in silence for a moment just staring at the man with a furrowed brow. She'd stay like this for a moment longer before relaxing her expression and opening her mouth, as if to speak. She'd strain to make any sort of noise but nothing except the sound her own exhale came. She'd continue to stare at the stranger, waiting for his response.

The stranger sat, knitting his own brow in thought before speaking up, "So you really can't speak at all? Unfortunate. You have a book or something on you then? Something you write in?"

Ashryn shook her head at the man before raising her hands and shaking them about slightly.

"Ah.. so you just sign to others? Or you at least attempt to? Interesting, you been unable to speak your whole life or something?", replied the stranger to the red-headed Elf's hand gesture. Ashryn gave a fervent little nod to the man before offering up a small smile, content that someone was understanding her made up sign language. It was not long after this short interaction that the stranger stood up and extended a hand. The Elfess would reach out to take it for a quick shake before the man took a step back,

"Well, mute, I'll have to come up with a nickname for you. That or we'll have to find you a book to write in. If you're around here often I'm sure we'll meet again." The stranger said whilst shrugging his shoulders. Ashryn waved goodbye to the man but not before he'd swung around and started off. She'd give a small sigh, it wasn't too long after this that she found herself once again tracing lines on a table and humming a simple four note tune once again.

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Hey there! And thank you for your patience and for applying to Hollow World!
I just wanted to take a moment to point out something that I've found that is incorrect about your application then we can move forward!

✦ Your definition of powegaming is incorrect. Please look at { this thread } and try again. I only ask so that we can be sure that you aware of what we are looking for.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!
I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.