Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Spawn Build Contest #1- Redesigning the walls/gates/general materials

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
Build Contest for Spawn.
Deadline 13th January

Hello Holloworldians!

After receiving your votes for this first update to spawn, the winner was redesigning the walls/gates and general look of spawn. Instead of making several copies of current spawn for the contestants to modify, we are asking for sample builds of how you would change the walls, gates, towers, and materials used in spawn. This last bit is very important therefore I will bold it! Whatever materials you use for your revamp of spawn will be the general materials used for houses/shops/service buildings, etc...! This is one of the only limitations I will be placing on spawn, and it will be the players that will decide through voting on this contest, what those materials will be. As much as I want to make this process completely player driven, there has to be cohesiveness or spawn will look like a hot mess. Current player houses already built in spawn will be able to maintain their current look if they wish, but in order to make spawn look like a realistic city, we will have to keep those materials mainstreamed to a point. So keep that in mind when voting folks! You won't be just voting on the changes to the walls/gates/towers/service buildings...you will also be deciding what materials you will use to develop spawn in the future.

The build contest will last THREE weeks which should be enough time to provide some good examples on how you'd change the look of spawn. The build contest will take place in /warp buildcontest . Find a spot and provide coordinates with your entry. You will be given a warp to your entry spot so players can come and view the builds.

Also please keep the comments in this thread to just the entries! A spawn discussion thread will be made tomorrow so we can all chat there about new new spawn :)

Please fill out the entry form below and happy building!

In game name:
Build Coordinates:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entries:
Entry 1:

In game name:
JCST_Cap
Build Coordinates: 90.471, 4, -185.621

Entry 2:

In game name: AmeliaEng
Build Coordinates: 51, 10, -407

Entry 3:
In game name: MelancholyFae
Build Coordinates: -73, 4, 211

Entry 4:

In game name: niccochenour
Build Coordinates: -183, 4, 70

Last edited by a moderator:

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
christmas break is coming so you know what? why not. it'll probably end like the temple contest and i just won't finish again.

In game name: JCST_Cap
Build Coordinates:

TheSkye

Loyal Servant of Altera
In game name: AmeliaEng
Build Coordinates: 51, 10, -407

d55d44bf94c74bc0a38688a561b5aa0c.png

[Note]: I'm posting this here mainly because I'll forget where I put my build, it is nowhere near ready yet so please don't look at my embarrassing WIP's.

[Edit]: It's done now and ready for viewing, just in time too as it's been a few hours over 2 weeks. :D

[Edit 2.0]: Added a screenie if that helps encourage players to come see it, please read the signs infront though, especially staff if it gets picked and you need to move the build over.

Last edited:

Legendary Fiction

It took a lot to get here
In game name: MelancholyFae
Build Coordinates: -73, 4, 211

There seem to be a lot more builds around in this area but not as many posted here?
Anyway, I'm working on mine! Did have some questions, though. Especially if I find the discussion thread for the contest, I can ask there.
Thank you!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Thank you for all the submissions! We're extending this till January 13th to wrap up any builds or entries. (No, friday the 13th isn't an omen... aha..)
After that, we'll make a thread and voting can begin on design until January 20th.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Yep! Will do today. I remembered it going to sleep like one does when they forget to do a school assignment :p Thanks for the reminder!

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
Thanks for the wait folks- The entries are now protected from griefing and you can see the entries by doing /warp entry# (from 1-4), but mairinbaihn and I are working on the voting thread. We'll post it soon. :)