Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Spawn Build Contest Numero Three! - Slum/Dockside Marketplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warwolf

Alteran Cryptid and Renowned Hat-wearer
Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
3rd Build Contest for Spawn.
Deadline 21st March

Hello Folks, it's contest time!

Right as the 2nd contest ended we're starting up a third. We want to hammer through these builds and we want your help! So getting straight to the point, what we're asking of you this time is that you could design and build for us a slum district marketplace.

Check out Dynmap and see NWSpawn to see the area we're building in, if you see a specific piece of available terrain you would like to utilize, please let either myself ( Warwolf ), TheDeester or BrianAT16 know and we can see to copying over the terrain to the build-contest world for you to build upon.
  • Enough market stalls for a 'decent' number of shopkeepers, this is the first marketplace the spawn city would own so it needs to have room for the traders.​
  • Must be fitting to a slums district or dockside area. We will likely have a fancier marketplace in future, but we're keeping it 'cheap' for now.​
  • Optional storage areas for the merchants to keep their wares, if it can be fitted. A step beyond would be building some storage buildings that could be used nearby the market or elsewhere in the city in future.​
  • Must be contained within an 32 by 24 (+/- 1 or 2 blocks if necessary for aesthetics.) number of blocks.​
  • Has to be in the style of our previous contest winners!​
[Contest Winner 1]
[Contest Winner 2]

The build contest will last TWO weeks which should be enough time. The build contest will take place in /warp buildcontest as all previous ones have done. Find a spot and please post the coordinates of your entry below. You will be given a warp to your entry spot so players can come and view the builds.

Winner will receive 20k
All other finished entries will receive 5k for participation. :)

Please fill out the entry form below and happy building!

Also note, please do not comment unless you are submitting and entry. Instead, try commenting on discussion thread for spawn, found here: [ CLICK ]
---

In game name:
Build Coordinates:
X: Y: Z:

---
Entries:

Entry 1:

In game name:
ShaolinPunk
Build Coordinates: X:81, Y:10, Z:-120

Entry 2:

In game name:
niccochenour
Build Coordinates: X:181, Y:10, Z:-120

Entry 3:

In game name:
Djiboutian
Build Coordinates:
X:231, Y:10, Z:-120

Entry 4:

In game name:
Teeke
Build Coordinates: X:281, Y:10, Z:-120

-More Entries can be added as required-

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
This ends in two days! There is still time to enter and if you want a plot set up in the build contest world we'd be happy to set you up with one.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
I'd give it a shot if I had more time, but I really don't today. Good luck though!

Warwolf

Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
After having discussed it with the other members of the spawn team, we've agreed to extend the deadline by one week.

New Deadline: 21st March.

Really people should have entered sooner, but we understand real life can get in the way. But there will be no more extensions past this one, for this contest that is.​

Warwolf

Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
I'd also like a plot also.
Yes! Sorry, I forgot to ever actually respond. If you go to /warp buildcontest, you can fly to the copy and pasted terrain, there should be one or two vacant unused ones at the far end. Obviously dont touch the one earlier marked "BASE" for future copying if even more entries are needed. So take one by the end and get to work. :p

Warwolf

Staff member
Admin
In-Game Tech Staff
Legend
WarWolf_1
WarWolf_1
Legend
Contest is now closed.
Voting thread is up! {Click HERE}

Last edited by a moderator: