Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Spawn Build Contest

Staff are pleased to announce the next building contest! This time, the theme is Spawn! You will be asked to build houses in the style similar to the sample builds. You may submit as many entries as you want. Feel free to build connected or free-standing buildings.

To submit a build, go to /warp buildcontest, have a look around at the sample builds, and start building. Be sure to label your build so we can give you credit for it. Interior decoration is not required, so if it's not your strong suit don't worry about it. That being said, if two builds score the same and one has an interior and the other doesn't, we will favor the one with an interior.

There is no size preference; you may submit builds as big or as small as you want. A small detailed building that matches our style will beat a large building that does not. A series of connected houses like the ones featured in the first image, while more difficult to construct, can help increase your chances of winning.

The prizes are as follows:
1st place: Your house in spawn for free, plus 20,000 radiants.
2nd place: 20,000 radiants.
3rd place: 10,000 radiants.
Every viable participant: 1500r (unless you win a larger prize)

The number of prizes given out shall depend on the number of entries. Staff reserves the right to use and modify submitted builds in spawn and may do so even without giving out rewards. The goal is to help us with builds. You may only win the highest radiant prize you are awarded.

Build Team
In addition to the awesome prizes, some participants will be asked to join the spawn build team, which entails being added to the spawn copy world to help build. Ideal members of the spawn team build are good builders, strong team players, and take instructions well. The staff spawn team reserve the right to ask participants, and they may or may not also win the radiant prizes.

Here's some more sample images:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
You know why I'm here

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Everybody could just work together, and likely be guaranteed a prize, but moreover, a really snazzy looking spawn.

Proposal Amendment - 5,000 r to each member of a winning team or the bulk prize, whichever is larger, to encourage people to work together in one large group versus against each other at cross purposes, as eventually the end goal is everybody working together anyways, and having people self-organize into effective teams and work together on the project could only be more beneficial.

Note: A "Spawn Build Team" supervised by staff seems entirely to counter-purposes what was promised in the "Big sweeping spawn plans" - that players would get to contribute to the direction of spawn through roleplay and building and whatnot.

Idk why I bother with this anymore, I really don't - but don't promise the world and then deliver... mundanities? I don't mind if you just tell us what the actual plans are instead of overpromising and underdelivering.

Archbishop

Faith prevail
Retired Staff
Archbishop
Archbishop
Idk why I bother with this anymore, I really don't - but don't promise the world and then deliver... mundanities? I don't mind if you just tell us what the actual plans are instead of overpromising and underdelivering.
Somebody is being awfully pessimistic. Regardless, the only reason it hasn't been released is twofold:
1.)Read is on vacation this week and so we couldn't get ultimate approval, and
2.) We still have the major stumbling block of how to organize the government.

All matters related to the building and funding of spawn so that it remains a mostly organic process are already fairly settled.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Regardless, the only reason it hasn't been released is twofold:

2.) We still have the major stumbling block of how to organize the government.
You say that as though it's something small.. but it's kind of not? You even recognize it as a major stumbling block.

"The only reason it hasn't been released is that we don't have an idea of how to organize how spawn is governed, or by whom."

Yeah, I am pessimistic. I guess that's because at least /I'd/ say that's a pretty big stumbling block for intending to let players influence the spawn. Doesn't matter if people can pay to build something if it's not clear who controls who builds what, or who owns it afterwards.

Don't belittle people for negative opinions if you can't back your own position up.