Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Spellforce 3

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
So a bit of a backstory on this one: Spellforce 1 was one of the games of my childhood. It combined RTS and RPG elements masterfully, and was a unique take on the genre.

It also had some of the worst writing and voice acting ever conceived. It was slow, and most of the time in the game was spent backtracking.

But pulling away at the layers, it revealed a surprisingly competent and deep story. A flawed, but overall good game that I always loved to bits.

No one talks about Spellforce 2 because it sucked.

In any case, last week Spellforce 3 released. The initial screenshots were promising, but looked as though they were, ahem, 'adjusted' with extra distance blur and probably other prettied-up nonsense that the game industry loves doing...

they were not adjusted.

This game is gorgeous.

This is Leafshade, an Elven city.

This is the fortress that keeps demons that are in the lore of Spellforce at bay (it's a long story).

And to confirm that these are the actual game graphics, here is a screenshot I took about twenty minutes ago:

20171215202444_1.jpg

AND THIS IS THE TRAILER

It also features the beautiful voice of Doug Cockle, the voice actor behind Geralt of Rivia in Witcher. AND HIS CHARACTER IS A DICK

The story is nothing short of amazing. Being a fan of the first game, this game (being a prequel) does so much to expand the world that I have known growing up as a child. It features a options system similar to what is now expected from RPGs, whereby you get multiple choices and depending on them you will make characters like you more or less, albeit in a slightly lesser way. This game is spectacular, and since its release on Thursday last week, I played 33 hours (yeah, I basically spent a day of this entire week playing JUST Spellforce 3).

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Neither. You're the child of a man that has started a civil war over mage rights. This game goes over how runes were discovered.