Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Stables retirement - introducing PortableHorses!

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
As part of our preparation for the upcoming 1.10 server update, we are carrying out some changes in the plugins.

The Stables plugin is part of this, both because of issues that have occured when migrating to the new world and also issues with data not being saved when using it (mostly horses speed).
To be ready when the time for the migration towards 1.10 will come, we are already removing it. It has already been replaced by PortableHorses!

The Stables plugin is going to stay for a month, for people to have time to retrieve their horses and register them in the new plugin. After that, *poof*! Gone!

Here are the things you need to know:
- All the horses that you can see in the game world are safe, and will stay even when the old plugin will be removed.
- But, if you claimed them (using the Stables feature of naming it with a nametag), they won't be protected anymore once the plugin will be gone.
- When the old plugin will be removed, any horse that has been stored into the virtual stables ( = that is nowhere to see in the Minecraft worlds) will be lost.
- The new plugin uses a totally different system, using actual Minecraft items (a special saddle) to store your horses. So if you want to avoid losing them, store these saddles in a protected chest when you're not using them!
- That new plugin doesn't suffer the speed saving issue the old one had, which means every single data of your horses will be saved!

How to "register" your horses with the new plugin:
- Go to the spawn, and find the new Stables Master shopkeeper
(/spawn and walk right towards the docks. He's in a white-wooled stall)

- Buy a new special Saddle
Each saddle is priced at 16 emerald blocks
saddle02.jpg

- If you had a horse previously saved through Stables, go to the Sorrows, then use /stables recover 1
More information about the stables command can be found in the following guide: http://hollowworld.co.uk/survivalguide/commands-plugins.6/#Novelties
(scroll down a little bit)

- Right click the Horse you want to store with the new special saddle in hand...

- And voilà! Your horse is safe and sound!
saddle.jpg

- If you can see your horse's information on the saddle, then everything is perfectly saved :)

How to summon your horses:
All you have to do is right click with your special saddle containing a horse in your hand, and it will be summoned before you!

If you want to store it again, remove the saddle from the horse and right-click it with it in hand... Stored again! :)
Notes:
- Each special saddle can only store 1 horse...
- ... but they have unlimited uses! That mean that if you right-click the saddle to summon your horse, and then remove the saddle from it, you can use it on another horse to store this one instead! This means that once you buy a saddle, you will be able to use it an unlimited amount of times, until the end of times! :D (or until you lose the item... be careful with them! ^^)

- If you had bought a multiple horse owning package in the shophub, send a message to a staff member (preferably me :D) and we'll see with giving you a compensation for it.

And if you have any questions regarding that new plugin or that transition, feel free to ask them here :)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Why does it cost so much to save a horse, whereas it was free before?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
Also, are the saddles user specific? If I put a horse inside a saddle, and throw that horse/saddle into a chest, and Immerael takes the saddle out, will he be able to summon it? Or is it only the person who saved it that will be able to use that saddle till its empty again?

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Why does it cost so much to save a horse, whereas it was free before?
For two things:
- before the number of horses one could have was limited, and the permissions to have more were sold in the shophub. It's not the case anymore, and since it is unlimited, having to pay for the saddles is sort of a way of limiting the horses.
- the horses are now going to be saved /inside/ the saddle item, which makes these items valuable. Having to buy them is to make people aware that it is indeed something you don't want to lose and want to remember where you stored them. It's also to avoid the /noble map effect, where everybody always gets new ones even though they already have hundreds of them scattered in chests.
Also these 16 emeralds blocks are just a little bit above the price of a region plot. To me that is not so expensive :)

Also, are the saddles user specific? If I put a horse inside a saddle, and throw that horse/saddle into a chest, and Immerael takes the saddle out, will he be able to summon it? Or is it only the person who saved it that will be able to use that saddle till its empty again?
The saddles are not user specific. If you give them to another player (or another player takes it from your chest), that player will be able to summon your horse. This is to allow people to sell horses and horses in saddles as part of a commerce.
Horses though are protected. If somebody tries to put a saddle on a horse you summoned, they will be blocked from doing so, effectively protecting your horses.

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Retired Staff
I get the price and them costing something but its more expensive than a plot right now. I can expand my region or buy a horse. You have to save 3 OOC days of normal voting to buy one horse. Unsure how I feel about that.

That said I'm overall very happy with the new plugin thank you Ptiber.

Cap

Lord of Altera
Legend
idk why you made an entirely new system instead of just rewriting the one we were used to but ok

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
idk why you made an entirely new system instead of just rewriting the one we were used to but ok
We didn't "make" a new one, we got a new plugin from the Spigot/Bukkit website. The old one wasn't ours either, we don't have the code so we can't update it or change things, and we (or rather I since I'm the only one programming in here) don't have time to always rewrite everything from scratch.
We took that decision after a while of weighing pros and cons and perfectly knowing that people were used to the old system and that some wouldn't like change.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
I cannot summon mine in the sorrows. I could summon mine in the Northern Kingdoms, if i could find a place not 'protected'.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I cannot summon mine in the sorrows. I could summon mine in the Northern Kingdoms, if i could find a place not 'protected'.
That is weird, I checked and it is currently working for me. Do you get an error message when using the command? I suppose the usual "This area is protected! The stablemaster will not deliver here!"?

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
That is weird, I checked and it is currently working for me. Do you get an error message when using the command? I suppose the usual "This area is protected! The stablemaster will not deliver here!"?
I cannot summon my steed from another world, apparently.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I cannot summon my steed from another world, apparently.
You're probably using the wrong command:
/stables summon is to teleport your horse next to you, but it has to be somewhere in the world for that. And in the same world.
/stables recover # is to get your horse from the virtual stables it was stored in. This is the one you need to use.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
You're probably using the wrong command:
/stables summon is to teleport your horse next to you, but it has to be somewhere in the world for that. And in the same world.
/stables recover # is to get your horse from the virtual stables it was stored in. This is the one you need to use.
I'll try again when i get home.
/stables list shows my three horses.
/stables recover (name) says i cannot summon them in another world- or that i have no horses in my stables i think.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I'll try again when i get home.
/stables list shows my three horses.
/stables recover (name) says i cannot summon them in another world- or that i have no horses in my stables i think.
They might actually be loose in the old map, then. If they weren't previously stored in the plug in, then they likely won't just pop in.

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
They might actually be loose in the old map, then. If they weren't previously stored in the plug in, then they likely won't just pop in.
Eugh, oh dear. Ill grab a compass and start my search. But this is likely, i don't remember my horse being let out of the stables command, but i considered this.

parto

Lord of Altera
Will the crafting aspect of Stables be removed also? Has it been? I tried crafting a name tag and it didn't seem to work.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
Will the crafting aspect of Stables be removed also? Has it been? I tried crafting a name tag and it didn't seem to work.
Oh no, all these should still work, if they're not I have to have a look at it.

StarWillow2000

Lord of Altera
Okay.. We ran into a small issue. My character gave a horse to her boyfriend. I bought the special saddle and all.. He can not seem to put the saddle on the horse. He can remove it but not equip it. I have to saddle or store the horse in the saddle. Can you please help as she meant him to have this horse.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
The old Stables plugin will most likely be removed when we are going to switch to Minecraft 1.10.

So if you want to get your old horses back, please do so quickly. (update it scheduled in the coming days)

Okay.. We ran into a small issue. My character gave a horse to her boyfriend. I bought the special saddle and all.. He can not seem to put the saddle on the horse. He can remove it but not equip it. I have to saddle or store the horse in the saddle. Can you please help as she meant him to have this horse.
I will have a look at this issue.

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I seem to be having the problem where everywhere I attempt to recover a horse is "protected".

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Aware Single
Legend
Pronouns
She/Her
Cukie1
Cukie1
Single
I seem to be having the problem where everywhere I attempt to recover a horse is "protected".
Spawn them just outside the protected area of the sorrows and right click with the portable saddle