Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Starfall Feedback

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
it's called comedic relief, lighten up. Near every staff member makes jokes in their emotes on occasion. Honestly, it made things more interesting in my opinion. Also, you were roleplaying a little girl. why would you even care about combat.

This event is assumingly to serve as exposition. Get your attitudes out of mad town and stop being so critical over little things like this that aren't criticized by any other DMs.. You can't ask for ACTION, INTERACTION, etc. in an exposition event. She saw plenty of people at SL and decided to run a small exposition event. Not every event is going to be full of exciting things. The first event that you attended wasn't even a real event. -- Here's my genuine advice - I think you should try to attend the other events to get a feel for how most of them go, and if you don't enjoy the events or the comedic relief that comes out from time to time, perhaps you shouldn't attend the events. Now, hear me out- I'm saying DMs all have their own style of DMing. Some are very unforgiving in combat, some let you get away with a bit more. Some DMs enjoy the act of DMing itself. Kam is not only the Starfall DM, but the one who manages Storm's Landing. She decided to make something interesting come up at Storm's Landing and it revealed something interesting in tow. An infestation in Sanardu of cream colored mime volans.
I gave critique, otherwise known as constructive criticism. Everyone has a right to make some in a thread designated for it. Accept that some people disagree with event styles and move on instead of being immature and bitter. I said that I have not attended another event 'fully' because I attended the stag event and left early, but I saw enough to know that it wasn't my style of event.

I did not ask for your genuine advice, Kam asked for our (the attendees of the event's) genuine advice and I gave mine. I like and respect Kam immensely and I cannot stress enough how much of an amazing job she does in SL and in general as a staff member. I didn't mention her name at all in my post because I am well aware that there are several Starfall DM's. Just because she is your good friend doesn't mean you need to take crap shots at people that criticize her DMing: in fact it is disappointing to see you do so.

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
It's called constructive criticism. Everyone has a right to make some in a thread designated for it. Accept that some people disagree with event styles and move on instead of being immature and bitter. I said that I have not attended another event 'fully' because I attended the stag event and left early, but I saw enough to know that it wasn't my style of event.

I did not ask for your genuine advice, Kam asked for our (the attendees of the event's) genuine advice and I gave mine. I like and respect Kam immensely and I didn't mention her name at all in my post because I am well aware that there are several Starfall DM's. Just because she is your good friend doesn't mean you need to take crap shots at people that criticize her DMing: in fact it is disappointing to see you do so.
I cannot agree with this more.

Solus

object oriented
Staff member
Admin
Retired Owner
I really don't need people swarming like hives on each other for their opinions. This is my one and only warning.

There has been a a long line of critique towards Starfall (and several staff campaigns) and we've done what we can here every single time in response to critique in adjusting Kam's vision for the campaign. Acknowledgement of goods helps to work on what's wrong with the given critique. Otherwise, it just feels like something went wrong and disheartens us from DMing for large groups of people. Air out your grievances, but let's play nice so that messages can get across better rather feel like you've hit a wall.

I had an alright time at the happening. It was confusing because there were 12 people there in rp chat, but it's easier to go with the flow.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I thought the random mini-event was fine, setting up for possible larger things and future happenings; even if all that would come from it might be a pest-control situation.

Colonelgames

Lord of Altera
Legend
Colonelgames
Colonelgames
Legend
Event was epic, DMs were fair despite turbulence at certain points, combat was handled in a solid fashion. Felt badass fighting an enormous elemental, and surely will tell the tale IC many times in the future. Keep it up yall ;)

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
Thanks for the event guys :)
I woke at 4am my time to try to catch the event and I can say that it was fun. It was a little tricky during the part where there was combat and the elemental entered the scene to DM but I think it turned out well in the end.

My favorite part was when Pod gave Flatulence a dirty look for stealing that goblet XD