Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Starfall Feedback

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
By doing "/ch [name]" you join a custom channel that others can join too. Text shows up in grey.

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
I would like to applaud the event for the use of those pressure plates and what I assume were command blocks under them. That was pretty baller, to be honest.

That aside, I felt like I was being railroaded. It didn't feel like efforts were rewarded in any tangible way, or for any of the 'fights' to be anything more than scripted Monster vs Monster WWE. If none of the characters had actually been there, would the outcome have changed at all? No player interaction cooled the crater site, and none of them did anything meaningful against the enemies.

I'm trying to understand what kind of atmosphere this campaign is trying to create, but I'm honestly struggling with it.

(reposted from the event thread)

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I would like to applaud the event for the use of those pressure plates and what I assume were command blocks under them. That was pretty baller, to be honest.

That aside, I felt like I was being railroaded. It didn't feel like efforts were rewarded in any tangible way, or for any of the 'fights' to be anything more than scripted Monster vs Monster WWE. If none of the characters had actually been there, would the outcome have changed at all? No player interaction cooled the crater site, and none of them did anything meaningful against the enemies.

I'm trying to understand what kind of atmosphere this campaign is trying to create, but I'm honestly struggling with it.

(reposted from the event thread)
Up until this point it's been one of reaction and investigation, more than combat and forcing things to happen. Personally to me, I prefer the approach that we're onlookers- some times things end up happening that are more interesting to witness than they are to directly interact with them.

As well, and I don't mean this in any sort of personal way on the players of characters- but the amount of slack that is given to people putting themselves in dangerous positions that they're warned about again, and again has gotten to the point where it breaks the sense of what an event could have. There was a large meteor that crashed down, so the first thing a good chunk of people did was advance upon it even though it was molten and burning hot. Magic was used to bypass the heat, although it was never made clear how much exactly could be taken by the spell- and thus it confused the whole situation from an onlookers point of view, at least.

Then the elementals showed up, and instead of leaving or at least stepping back to plan out what to do, half the entire party remained in the crater, while the other half reacted in an appropriate way as far as I can tell. If you see a giant storm racing towards you, that has a visible face on it- one would assume you wouldn't just ignore that.

Again, I don't mean this in a personal way towards anyone, or at the very least I don't want to make it seem like I'm singling you out because of some OOC reasoning. Your characters will do what they will, and that's entirely understandable; but I feel like the DMs need to take into account that actions that are pretty clearly reckless and going against the grain of maybe what the event is going for shouldn't be given so much slack. BoredBrit 's character is a 11 year old(?) who stared down elementals without so much as quivering in-place. Maybe it's not my place to say something about that, but it feels like something needs to be said about the confusing steps people take in these events that are left unspoken; since I know I'm not the only one that was bothered/confused by it all.

BoredBrit

Bored Brit
BoredBritishGuy
BoredBritishGuy
Legend
Up until this point it's been one of reaction and investigation, more than combat and forcing things to happen. Personally to me, I prefer the approach that we're onlookers- some times things end up happening that are more interesting to witness than they are to directly interact with them.

As well, and I don't mean this in any sort of personal way on the players of characters- but the amount of slack that is given to people putting themselves in dangerous positions that they're warned about again, and again has gotten to the point where it breaks the sense of what an event could have. There was a large meteor that crashed down, so the first thing a good chunk of people did was advance upon it even though it was molten and burning hot. Magic was used to bypass the heat, although it was never made clear how much exactly could be taken by the spell- and thus it confused the whole situation from an onlookers point of view, at least.

Then the elementals showed up, and instead of leaving or at least stepping back to plan out what to do, half the entire party remained in the crater, while the other half reacted in an appropriate way as far as I can tell. If you see a giant storm racing towards you, that has a visible face on it- one would assume you wouldn't just ignore that.

Again, I don't mean this in a personal way towards anyone, or at the very least I don't want to make it seem like I'm singling you out because of some OOC reasoning. Your characters will do what they will, and that's entirely understandable; but I feel like the DMs need to take into account that actions that are pretty clearly reckless and going against the grain of maybe what the event is going for shouldn't be given so much slack. BoredBrit 's character is a 11 year old(?) who stared down elementals without so much as quivering in-place. Maybe it's not my place to say something about that, but it feels like something needs to be said about the confusing steps people take in these events that are left unspoken; since I know I'm not the only one that was bothered/confused by it all.
You've mean how he watched it wave and then approached it? Under the assumption that it didn't care about us, based on the factime it hadn't attacked anyone. Yeah, he may have been scared but what good is it for me to emote what only a few people can actually see, the few who already know how Uriel was feeling beneath it all. Otherwise I would just be emoting and getting called edgy for it.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
You've mean how he watched it wave and then approached it? Under the assumption that it didn't care about us, based on the factime it hadn't attacked anyone. Yeah, he may have been scared but what good is it for me to emote what only a few people can actually see, the few who already know how Uriel was feeling beneath it all. Otherwise I would just be emoting and getting called edgy for it.
I just mean in the sense that people were panicking, and shouting at others to leave the crater. Podric and Raalvara both shouted at, and even Podric grabbed Uriel to drag his away- again, it's simply confusing to see that from an 11 year old. If it was an adult, or Uriel was simply awestruck and didn't know what to do- then totally fair enough man. But working perfectly fine and seemingly working under no pressure as what I think happened(Correct me if I'm wrong) just doesn't seem right to me and to some others.

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
I'm in agreement with Azur, I felt the GMs were too lenient on risky actions taken around the meteor and elementals. It really destroyed immersion for me when characters were essentially jumping on top of the semi molten metal and joking about. Even during the elemental battle people were just trying to chip away little souvenirs from the very thing that is luring in the giant scary monsters. I would have been absolutely fine with the type of event this was shaping out to be: some investigation, some cool fireworks and we had a godzilla duel and some otherworldly lights but the actions allowed really spoiled it. I'm not trying to throw large blame on any particular individuals but the atmosphere and attitude surrounding this kind of stuff can't continue.

CloakedReaper

Lord of Altera
Lore Staff
Staff
I'm in agreement with Azur, I felt the GMs were too lenient on risky actions taken around the meteor and elementals. It really destroyed immersion for me when characters were essentially jumping on top of the semi molten metal and joking about.
I OOCly made the mistake and admitted it. Jaden suffered the damage for my mistake, and Kam and I settled it at that.

Even during the elemental battle people were just trying to chip away little souvenirs from the very thing that is luring in the giant scary monsters.
They were trying to recover artifacts from the meteor to learn what it was, and why the Elementals were being attracted to it.

I would have been absolutely fine with the type of event this was shaping out to be: some investigation, some cool fireworks and we had a godzilla duel and some otherworldly lights but the actions allowed really spoiled it. I'm not trying to throw large blame on any particular individuals but the atmosphere and attitude surrounding this kind of stuff can't continue.

Elz

hmm
Staff member
Admin
Very Sweet
I feel it's not really fair to say players themselves ruined things, but that as feedback the DMs should be more clear with things being dangerous. There should never have been a point where Jaden could stand on molten rock, and he OOCly did not realise until the emote was there - If some more warnings are made in emotes by the DMs themselves, these occurances would likely not have happened.

That aside, I felt entirely powerless, and I do feel players were scrambling to try and do /something,/ with the event. To stop it, to change it, to do anything at all, but there was no chance any player involvement could change the path set. I watched, mostly, because I could not do anything. I just felt my character was useless and I don't really know if we can or will ever stop things eating the rocks, and I am not 100% clear on the end goal for the campaign yet. I don't know what direction to take, because I know my character/s can do nothing here to stop the way it's going. Or so it seems to me.

Edit: As well, I don't want to have the DMs feeling it was a bad event, the idea of them fighting overhead was cool and I did like it, but there was just very little for players to do in regards to it.

Last edited:

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I feel it's not really fair to say players themselves ruined things, but that as feedback the DMs should be more clear with things being dangerous. There should never have been a point where Jaden could stand on molten rock, and he OOCly did not realise until the emote was there - If some more warnings are made in emotes by the DMs themselves, these occurances wouldlikely not have happened.

That aside, I felt entirelypowerless, and I do feelplayers were scrambling to try and do /something,/ with the event. To stop it, to change it, to do anything at all, but there was no chance any player involvement could change the path set. I watched, mostly, because I could not do anything. I just felt my character was useless and I don't really know if we can or will ever stop things eating the rocks, and I am not 100% clear on the end goal for the campaign yet. I don't know what direction to take, because I know my character/s can do nothing here to stop the way it's going. Or so it seems to me.
I dunno, I was able to put together that the rock was pretty hot, and had molten metal that it was comprised of pretty quick. Hence why I even questioned to CloakedReaper about how his spell was seemingly able to negate all of that heat- which he did thankfully clarify that it didn't and as he said, it was handled. But stepping on molten metal and getting your clothing all coated in it shouldn't have been a thing to laugh off either. That...definitely would've caused damage.

Hence my own point, and the thing I think Wyvern740 and I agree on; which is that there's a level of leniency that's given to actions that are hilariously dangerous, that don't actually end up with any problems as a result. You fell in molten metal? That's going to burn horribly, spell or not. You're stealing the very thing that the Elementals themselves are fighting over? I'd assume they wouldn't be very happy about you taking away this source of power for them. That's my only thing, is a lack of response to actions that take everyone else out when they sit there, tilt their heads and just wonder how they managed to get away with all of that- and leave the event the least bit shaken.

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera
I OOCly made the mistake and admitted it. Jaden suffered the damage for my mistake, and Kam and I settled it at that.

They were trying to recover artifacts from the meteor to learn what it was, and why the Elementals were being attracted to it.
I get that there was a mistake, it definitely happens but to follow it up by making butt jokes - which others latched onto, you're not the only one involved in this - definitely killed the atmosphere.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
I felt like I was being railroaded. It didn't feel like efforts were rewarded in any tangible way, or for any of the 'fights' to be anything more than scripted Monster vs Monster WWE.
Thanks for the feedback -- we definitely want everyone to feel like they can have an impact on the events that transpire, but some of these events are indeed intended to be more theatrically oriented. Rest assured, there will be opportunities to fight and conquer and directly intervene in future events. What we will do going forward is make sure that the events are labeled so people know what to expect going in, be it combat, mystery, puzzle, or theatrical as today's event was.

As far as emote clarity and leniency for dangerous actions goes, it can be tough to know who heard or read what and how to manage lots of people at once. We'll try and do better with that going forward.

Luam

friendly neighborhood inquisitor
Legend
Retired Staff
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Legend
Since people are talking about what my character has done without directly citing me, I'm going to just quote the parts that have to do with my character, and explain why exactly he acted the way he did during the event today.

As well, and I don't mean this in any sort of personal way on the players of characters- but the amount of slack that is given to people putting themselves in dangerous positions that they're warned about again, and again has gotten to the point where it breaks the sense of what an event could have. There was a large meteor that crashed down, so the first thing a good chunk of people did was advance upon it even though it was molten and burning hot. Magic was used to bypass the heat..
Generally, if we're warned against doing something and still do it, that means we fully acknowledge the potential for danger. Podric specifically waited to see if he could advance on the meteor, testing to see if his passive from Divine Magic that makes him essentially fire/heat proof for a time before he actually did so. He knows that the Elementals devour the Heavenstones, and wanted to get closer to it while he could before exactly what he thought would happen, an Elemental eating the Heavenstone, happened.

Pod has done and seen a whole lot of things. He has carried his best friend's body in a makeshift harness made out of armor and a cloak, through the Nether while avoiding Jishrim who was on the prowl in the same Nether Fortress that he was in. So yes, Podric entering the crater to ensure nobody, namely Uriel, got hurt was the "appropriate" way for him as a character. I apologize that for some reason not running away from every point of danger isn't "appropriate" for you.

Even during the elemental battle people were just trying to chip away little souvenirs from the very thing that is luring in the giant scary monsters. I would have been absolutely fine with the type of event this was shaping out to be: some investigation, some cool fireworks and we had a godzilla duel and some otherworldly lights but the actions allowed really spoiled it. I'm not trying to throw large blame on any particular individuals but the atmosphere and attitude surrounding this kind of stuff can't continue.
Again, back to the point that Podric wanted to get part of the meteor before the Elemental came and ate it. He wasn't going for "souvenirs", he was following through with Uriel's idea to try and get part of what the Elementals show up en masse for, when they are generally dormant and non-existent to our characters otherwise. I apologize that me wanting to do something as part of an event "spoiled" it.

Overall, it feels like our actions during an event, something that has, up until this point, been generally regarded as characters interacting with an environment that was set up by DMs, are being blasted for doing exactly that. You can both say that you aren't trying to single people out, but it is precisely what you are currently doing. You are singling out a specific group of people for acting the way their characters would, and telling us it's wrong. We are purposefully dedicating our time to a Campaign that takes hours out of our days. So yes, we would prefer to do more than just stand there and watch things occur, when there are clear opportunities for us to do something more. I apologize if that is not to your liking.

FEEDBACK FOR EVENT/CAMPAIGN
In regard to the event itself. I am of the precise opposite opinion. When I log in to RP, I want to be able to interact with the world, not watch things go down for the entire event. I am completely fine with that happening in some aspects, but not the entire event. That's honestly been my biggest gripe with Starfall so far, feeling like there's very little we can actually do. Obviously, there are opportunities to do things, but when compared to the Forlorn Campaign, when there was so much to do that we didn't actually get to everything, only what our characters had decided on, you can understand that it's somewhat disconcerting that there's very little in terms of player choice to do so far in Starfall. If the campaign continues on this way as that's the intended effect, then I won't mind that. I suppose that's actually my biggest problem so far, and that's the lack of apparent direction from the view of a player. I'm uncertain as to what the point of these events are, they each feel like separate happenings, with no real connection to what's happened previously, aside from the larger Elemental being present.

Though in all, this event was a massive step up in some aspects, especially from command blocks being brought in in order to explain how getting closer to the Meteor effected characters, as that was a problem at the Manor Event. It was a fun event, if not slightly stressful from the player-player interaction.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Since people are talking about what my character has done without directly citing me, I'm going to just quote the parts that have to do with my character, and explain why exactly he acted the way he did during the event today.

Generally, if we're warned against doing something and still do it, that means we fully acknowledge the potential for danger. Podric specifically waited to see if he could advance on the meteor, testing to see if his passive from Divine Magic that makes him essentially fire/heat proof for a time before he actually did so. He knows that the Elementals devour the Heavenstones, and wanted to get closer to it while he could before exactly what he thought would happen, an Elemental eating the Heavenstone, happened.

Pod has done and seen a whole lot of things. He has carried his best friend's body in a makeshift harness made out of armor and a cloak, through the Nether while avoiding Jishrim who was on the prowl in the same Nether Fortress that he was in. So yes, Podric entering the crater to ensure nobody, namely Uriel, got hurt was the "appropriate" way for him as a character. I apologize that for some reason not running away from every point of danger isn't "appropriate" for you.

Again, back to the point that Podric wanted to get part of the meteor before the Elemental came and ate it. He wasn't going for "souvenirs", he was following through with Uriel's idea to try and get part of what the Elementals show up en masse for, when they are generally dormant and non-existent to our characters otherwise. I apologize that me wanting to do something as part of an event "spoiled" it.

Overall, it feels like our actions during an event, something that has, up until this point, been generally regarded as characters interacting with an environment that was set up by DMs, are being blasted for doing exactly that. You can both say that you aren't trying to single people out, but it is precisely what you are currently doing. You are singling out a specific group of people for acting the way their characters would, and telling us it's wrong. We are purposefully dedicating our time to a Campaign that takes hours out of our days. So yes, we would prefer to do more than just stand there and watch things occur, when there are clear opportunities for us to do something more. I apologize if that is not to your liking.

FEEDBACK FOR EVENT/CAMPAIGN
In regard to the event itself. I am of the precise opposite opinion. When I log in to RP, I want to be able to interact with the world, not watch things go down for the entire event. I am completely fine with that happening in some aspects, but not the entire event. That's honestly been my biggest gripe with Starfall so far, feeling like there's very little we can actually do. Obviously, there are opportunities to do things, but when compared to the Forlorn Campaign, when there was so much to do that we didn't actually get to everything, only what our characters had decided on, you can understand that it's somewhat disconcerting that there's very little in terms of player choice to do so far in Starfall. If the campaign continues on this way as that's the intended effect, then I won't mind that. I suppose that's actually my biggest problem so far, and that's the lack of apparent direction from the view of a player. I'm uncertain as to what the point of these events are, they each feel like separate happenings, with no real connection to what's happened previously, aside from the larger Elemental being present.

Though in all, this event was a massive step up in some aspects, especially from command blocks being brought in in order to explain how getting closer to the Meteor effected characters, as that was a problem at the Manor Event. It was a fun event, if not slightly stressful from the player-player interaction.
My only thing was Brit's character's response as a child. I think I even said- if he were an adult, or had some level of experience dealing with things, totally understandable. I'm not bashing on your actions during the event- you do as you do, I'm simply hoping my feedback notifies the staff that with your acknowledgement of danger, logical danger should ensue.

As you said, you know what you're getting into, so it shouldn't be avoided to evidently to the point where it feels like we can all just pile in and do things similar, without concern of danger. Your actions aren't wrong dude, the responses to them should definitely have been different is all we're saying. I'd rather it not be made into it seeming like I'm attacking you guys for your character's actions, I truly am not. Like I even said- which you quoted yourself; it's the amount of slack given to those actions that bothers me, not the actions themselves. My only complaint of that was Uriel, which if you want to argue is more personal you're 100% entitled to do so, but I hope you realize I mean it in about as much of a unbiased reasoning as I can manage. He's a child, I just expect him to act like a child. The magic doesn't bother me, other than the misunderstanding of what it could take as far as heat, and you guys chipping at the meteor wasn't that big of an issue; just the fact that the elementals didn't care that you were essentially taking their food.

Wyvern740

Lord of Altera

I don't think you quite get the issue here. The whole thing came off as people not taking the event seriously, which yes, I do agree does partially lie with the GMs. That was my point in my first post. These risky actions aren't being punished. Uriel shouldn't have been there in the first place given he's a child character and we know from past experiences that anything to do with the heavenstones tends to be very dangerous.

Your passive aggressive attitude from your post isn't appreciated, but I am glad that you're taking the time to defend yourself at least.

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
Is this the point where I point out the likelihood of the leniency towards the characters in the crater is a direct result of player actions? The DMs would likely have continued to riddle the people in the crater with lightning or done something else that was a lot more harmful than what happened. Since most of the: "A halfling is trying to tame two fully grown elementals with a bone" stuff happened in the purple text I can understand that it might seem that the DMs were being lenient. While in reality, the elementals kept on being distracted until they decided to fight one another. So in short: I think I am to 'blame' for the amount of time the players got to spend in the crater.

Tying into the point of interaction, again... There were plenty of things to interact with. Just fighting the elementals wasn't a good idea and ineffective. (Trust me, I know. I think I really have to thank our overlord Lannis for Gerry's survival but that's beside the point.)

These are the storylines/plot hooks going on at the crater (Or at least the ones I found and interacted with)
  • Everyone's personal storyline
  • The elementals fighting over the Heavenstone and Rocky Balboa going away with the prize.
  • LOTS of hints that someone had been there before us. (Including a neat little hint as to whom.)
  • The suicidal attempt to stand near a Heavenstone that big and trying to Uncover it. (I really wonder how dead people would have been if the meteor cracked open properly)
The event was FINE. The player actions were FINE and the story being told is FANTASTIC. It just takes a bit of looking further than the surface than just watching a movie. It has all the notes of a novel, and boy, are we in the rising action; coming up to the midpoint which I am sure will blow us all away with a massive revelation.

Good job Kam, Good job Squid and Good job Jasper.
Thank you to the three of you for not ignoring MY player actions because I am sure it messed with most of your plans.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
I will write up something later today, as I had/have some work and irl to handle today.
As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
It felt pointless and I didn't have much fun. I'm not demanding any changes or writing up a big critique list but it felt like there was no reason for players to be there. The tone mentioned by Squid - theatric - is far from what I felt watching the DMs act out.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Legend
Kamaoe
Kamaoe
Legend
Life has finally slowed up today so I will be posting in response to feedback here. For those who had fun and enjoyed the story elements, I'm very very glad to hear it. :) For those who did not feel they had fun, I apologize. However, I have some narrative beats I want to hit to progress the plot and try to give you all as much information as I can. The story structure of this campaign is an unfolding story, and as such might not make sense without more pieces. As each event passes, and each random happenstance occurs based on the impact more is revealed. For the purposes of this event I wanted to give players a chance to investigate the meteor before anything else came, add to another plot thread which will be showing itself more in upcoming events both dated and random, and give a more tangible to IC non-animancers of where the stone elemental stands in regards to other elementals.

On the subject of people feeling they had nothing to do, in future events I will try and make more clear what can be done instead of leaving it up to player initiative. I will not be trying to hold hands or railroad, but I will try and make more plot points obvious and open to investigation. For those who wanted combat out of this event, I do not want to run each and every event with combat. While it can be fun, and there are plenty of events which are upcoming that are solely combat based, I don't feel that is the best way to progress this plot and story, and can become repetitive. In addition, previous events gave feedback that with the addition of creatures to fight, things got too chaotic. In response to this, I narrowed the scope of each event to focus on the more important elements and to try to give as clear a picture of what pieces are to fall into place.

For those who feel that there was nothing to do, there were some signs of disturbance and things to investigate which could've yielded results. Again, in the future I'll be trying to make these a bit more obvious and give additional information. In regards to the players in the crater, the people who were able to get in close really shouldn't have been allowed that and I messed up by not double checking the spells and abilities they used. In the future I will be keeping a better eye on that and being more merciless in regards to future events. I'm aware I'm a soft GM, and will be working on becoming more punishing toward things and actions that don't make sense.

As I understand that the story isn't easy to pick out from a player prospective, I will say that I don't want to reveal too much too fast and revelations are spread through upcoming events. I want to try and keep pacing up, and not go to fast or slow with how things are unfolding. Given IRL though, that's not always easy. I really don't want to out and out give the story, though I will try and make the story more clear moving forward.

Like Squidziod said before, from this point on I'll be giving a 'what to expect' in the event descriptions so no one goes in expecting one thing and getting something completely different. While there are beats I want to hit, I don't have anything written in stone. If player action causes something different to happen, it'll change whatever plan is in place to match that action. That though, I will be leaving up to player initiative as its based on player action.

I want people to be able to participate and enjoy themselves. That people were unable to do that saddens me. That said, there are some things I will not allow and in the future will act more harshly on. Moving ahead, I will keep this feedback in mind and implement small changes that should help with keeping everyone on the same page. At this point, large changes are not likely as I have several things going on in my life that require a bit more of my focus than I was giving it before. The campaign is written and more tangible things to induce conflict will be popping up now that some set-dressing has occurred.

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
The event dragged on to the point of - for me - being hard to enjoy. My criticism for the DMing is that there was far too much focus on the stag being a boss and forcing rolls for things that don't really need to be left to luck. Dodging or trying risky strikes being punished with rolls are fine, but there were some great emotes from players that should have just been allowed to do the job - a DM is never trying to beat the player, just provide a good challenge. You may as well not put any effort into your emotes at all, write a simple five word sentence to explain what you're doing, and then hope you roll above a 15. That's not fun. I had something written about the plot but I actually feel like I learned something from the aftermath of the fight, so that's cool! Kam did a good job being responsive to player investigation.

Electric

professionally deranged
Retired Staff
electricwisekid
electricwisekid
Legend
I enjoyed the event for the most part, and noted that it was an improvement upon previous events. I liked that there were signs indicating where to pause for DM emotes; it's a small thing but I think it helped quite a lot. The DM's descriptions and emotes were quite immersive, as well. I would agree with Rygan that the event dragged on- however, that's mostly because of many, many, many bad rolls, not the DMing. But, I do think that perhaps not every single attack or action needed to be rolled for. For instance, French rolling a 4 for shooting the stag when it was right in front of him (if memory serves right). I did feel that people were sometimes moving forward too quickly and too much, but again that's something that's player-related (and I could be wrong about it, as I wasn't intently keeping note of everyone's movements).