Storm's Landing Guard Force

Ayda

The Cinnamon Roll
Staff member
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik

[ Art by Lady Alec , commissioned by Sankera ]

For too long have the cries of the people gone undefended.
For too long has blood run in our streets.
For too long have scoundrels, rogues and wastrels gotten away with their ill deeds.
It is time to rise and defend the city of Storm's Landing!
Baron Crawford calls upon the willing men and women of Storm's Landing to defend the citizens and foreigners alike who walk our streets.​

With the Upper District, we've added a few utility buildings for Storm’s Landing and among them is a Guardhouse, with which the intent is to introduce a City Guard, and while they are there to promote law and order, there will be initiatives following to reward chaos as well (thieves, assassin's contracts, etc). Those applying submit the standard OOC form.
When applying for the position, please understand that characters with no affiliation will be chosen over those with affiliation with other factions. Neutrality is favored here.

In-Game Name:
Character Name:
Do you own property in Storm's Landing?:
Why is your character interested in joining the Storm's Landing Guard Force?:
Is this character affiliated with any faction?:

OOC Rules for the roles include:
  1. Players playing as guards are considered always consenting while within the Storm's Landing Region.
  2. Powergaming and Metagaming are heavily forbid with a two strike policy, and will result in a discharge from the Guard if the envelope is pushed. Justified with a shameful IC reason given depending on the character. Unlikely to be allowed back in as a separate character until improvement is shown.
  3. Power-Trips are okay, including bending the law for one's own gain, or ignoring it altogether. Getting caught will yield a trial and possible discharge/persecution.
  4. All arrests and reports end in paperwork done via a small form, submitted in a private message. Failure to submit the form will have impacts on Roleplay.

One of the main responsibilities of the Storm’s Landing Guard Force is to make sure that Storm’s Landing is kept safe from various types of crimes. Among the incentives to join will be a 500r pay per month for the first two months, going up an additional 100 after every additional month, with other modifiers. This will be paid out of the Storm's Landing rent money, with bonuses given to players that can solve crimes, commit noteworthy deeds and keep peace properly within that month. The different rankings for the Guard Force are as follows:
  • Officer: The standard rank. Officers needn't move up to take more responsibility if they aren't shown to be reliable or if they refuse. They are able to detain and arrest.
  • Captain: Charged with the additional responsibility of leading investigations or groups when needed, administering punishments to criminals, and filling out the necessary paperwork for the Lord's chair. Capped at 2 within the rank, pay is the same as Officer.
  • Marshall: The default judge at trials and persecutions, as well as the executioner when necessary. Responsible for keeping the Captains in line if there is a dispute. Pay is a 200r bonus above Captain and Officer, capped at 1 per position.
[ This is entirely thanks to TheDeester I'm simply putting this up. :) ]

Ayda

The Cinnamon Roll
Staff member
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Currently Enlisted

Officers:
  • Gorvin
  • Sir Reynard
  • Maélina Allidel
  • Kitrana Dawnriver

Captains:

Marshall:
  • Sophia Muller

The Fallen
  • Dravos Slynt

Last edited by a moderator:

Jak

Magus of Nothing
I'm not a fan of that sigil/coat of arms.

The silhouettes and the lightning clouds are useless clutter that serve no purpose but to stop the whole thing from being cohesive.

What's the meaning behind the coat of arms - these things are not designed simply to look good, but to represent something.

Orange isn't a colour of Storm's Landing as far as I'm aware, but this isn't really a major issue as the black and white alone is boring.

The octopus/kraken itself is nice, but what meaning or relevance do the planets have and why is the texture on it some odd moon/mountain/oceanic landscape?

I do like the base concept - black/white/orange. The kraken itself does have some meaning, as a symbol of what had to be overcome in order to arrive on these new shores.

There is obviously skill behind the actual art in the piece, and I'm not arguing that I could do any better at all, but not much thought seems to have been put into composition in my opinion.

Luam

Legend of Altera
Hero
SirLiam1124
SirLiam1124
Hero
In-Game Name: SirLiam1124
Character Name: Gorvin [No Surname]
Do you own property in Storm's Landing?: Yes, 2 bits, one has over time starting to be affiliated with the character.
Why is your character interested in joining the Storm's Landing Guard Force?: Gorvin would say he wants to assist the people of Storm's Landing, as he has done so already, assisting in the stopping of an attempted Bank Heist, however, the bank was then robbed afterwords, Gorvin wasn't present.

Is this character affiliated with any faction?:
No

TheDeester

I don’t believe it
Evil
Retired Staff
GrapeFlavDragons
GrapeFlavDragons
Evil
In-Game Name: TheDeester
Character Name: Sir Reynard of the Storm
Do you own property in Storm's Landing?: None yet!
Why is your character interested in joining the Storm's Landing Guard Force?: Staying true to the name.
Is this character affiliated with any faction?: None. Knighted by Anhald but not directly affiliated.

Obviously gotta support the thing when I can, happy to see it used. :)

I'm not a fan of that sigil/coat of arms.

The silhouettes and the lightning clouds are useless clutter that serve no purpose but to stop the whole thing from being cohesive.

What's the meaning behind the coat of arms - these things are not designed simply to look good, but to represent something.

Orange isn't a colour of Storm's Landing as far as I'm aware, but this isn't really a major issue as the black and white alone is boring.

The octopus/kraken itself is nice, but what meaning or relevance do the planets have and why is the texture on it some odd moon/mountain/oceanic landscape?

I do like the base concept - black/white/orange. The kraken itself does have some meaning, as a symbol of what had to be overcome in order to arrive on these new shores.

There is obviously skill behind the actual art in the piece, and I'm not arguing that I could do any better at all, but not much thought seems to have been put into composition in my opinion.
The piece reflects a few things, I believe. The lightning alludes to the “Storm” in Storm’s Landing, as well as the Sea of Storms which both of the former are prompted by (despite it being the opposite direction that they came from lol).

The Kraken itself was made to represent the thing that plowed over the older incarnation of Storm’s Landing. It was sloppy but that was my event. Sorta hooked into the city mythos after because of player championing too, which is cool. The backdrop itself is (I believe) reflecting on the recent lunar drama.

Hopefully this helps/is what the team was thinking? Afaik this happened after I left the team or I wiped it from memory.

Jinny

That Korean Kid
Mentor
Mephitic
Mephitic
In-Game Name: Seollal

Character Name: Sophia

Do you own property in Storm's Landing?: Not currently

Why is your character interested in joining the Storm's Landing Guard Force?: She is interested in joining the guard force as she doesn't feel as though she fits into Anhald. She doesn't hold many of the same views as them and doesn't necessarily believe Ignis is the true and only god, but rather Shelherana. She hopes to be more useful as a guard instead of as a squire for knights in a land she doesn't feel much pride for. She's always rather liked the more temperate weather of Storm's Landing.

Is this character affiliated with any faction?: She is a squire in Anhald, but is willing to leave that life behind.

Squidziod

Sea Dweller
Mentor
Retired Council Member
Squidziod
Squidziod
I'm not a fan of that sigil/coat of arms... There is obviously skill behind the actual art in the piece, and I'm not arguing that I could do any better at all, but not much thought seems to have been put into composition in my opinion.
I think it's weird too... I like the Lovecraftian styling of it, and it was definitely done with superior skill, I just don't understand the symbolism behind it. I have to guess it's related to Shoreless or something like that, but even that's a stretch. Is there some kind of explanation for why the coat of arms was chosen to be like this?

pyrocide

The Mogul of Cromarcky
it's one of those "it's so obvious no one will believe it," kind of things. Truth is this is being organized by heretical elder god cultists. True story.

Raphael Payne

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Raphael_Payne
Raphael_Payne
Mystic
it's one of those "it's so obvious no one will believe it," kind of things. Truth is this is being organized by heretical elder god cultists. True story.
like the weird markings visage people make all over regions to be spooky and dark and we all find out that visage is cthulhu

Purgatoris

Loyal Servant of Altera
In-Game Name: Purgatoris
Character Name: Maélina Allidel
Do you own property in Storm's Landing?: No
Why is your character interested in joining the Storm's Landing Guard Force?: Although she is an adventurer and explorer at heart, Maélina is a woman of Good, and she wants to be able to make a difference in a city, where crime can be common and often. Plus, the pay seems good. She figures that so long as she's able to do her hunting and exploring, being a guard won't be so bad and if she dislikes the job she can always move on to greener pastures at a later date.
Is this character affiliated with any faction?: No

PitaChipBoi

Lord of Altera
Hero
PitaChipBoi
PitaChipBoi
Hero
In-Game Name: PitaChipBoi
Character Name: Dravos Slynt
Do you own property in Storm's Landing?: In RP, yes, ooc, no I need to find the time to decide which house I want
Why is your character interested in joining the Storm's Landing Guard Force?: He grew up in Storm's Landing and knows his way around the town. Also, he assumes he can profit off bribes gorgeously.
Is this character affiliated with any faction?: Formerly Sangria, but that is no longer the case

Sophia would vouch for Dravos/say he was helpful

Also I agree that the sigil has too much going on. Its very pretty, but not practical, especially with the tecnology Storm's Landing would have at its fingertips

French Roast

Lord of Altera
Legend
French_Roast
French_Roast
Legend
In-Game Name: Is_Frenchy
Character Name: Kitrana Dawnriver
Do you own property in Storm's Landing?: Not yet
Why is your character interested in joining the Storm's Landing Guard Force?: She has an iron commitment to justice and protection of the innocent and sees this as well-applied in a place like Storm's Landing, politically neutral and always with many different people present representing different interests. She has experience with combat and armed service, as well as experience in a position of command and training.
Is this character affiliated with any faction?: No.