• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Storm's Landing Travel System

Antilogy

#ImNotKiddingMaddi
Retired Staff
Important!: Update to this thread, as the new version of spawn approaches the spawn team is looking to get a few new applicants to have their regions linked to spawn. Please read over the guidelines below to see if your region qualifies as an RP hub to be linked to spawn. Either post your application in the thread below, or send a PM to Kamaoe & Warwolf & Archbishop

-Also if you currently have a port set up at spawn, some regions that have become inactive since their port was set up may be in danger of losing your port at spawn.

Ports Summary:
Storm’s Landing will act as the central travel point. There will be ports set aside for hubs, through which players may fast travel from Storm’s Landing to one of the hubs and vice versa. Travel from Storm’s Landing to a travel hub will cost 100r. A travel hub will then have ports to the non-hub regions around them. Travel to a non-hub from one of the hubs listed will only have a cost depending on the amount of blocks away from the main hub the secondary region is.

Owners of regions within 7500 blocks of a hub may request for their regions to be connected to said hub. There will be a port request thread, whereupon players will request said port. The player making the request must work with the owner of the hub region to establish the port and destination coordinates of each port. Once all of that information is submitted, staff will make the port. Regions where it makes more sense to connect to Storm's Landing than to the nearest hub MAY request a port from Storm's Landing. That status may be revoked if a more sensible option appears.

Hubs:
For a region to become a hub, the owner of the region must apply for the region to have hub status. Staff will evaluate the application and approve or deny accordingly. Currentlyu the system goes in a first come, first server. So if all ports are filled when you apply for hub status you may have to wait till a port is removed due to acivity to gain a port at Storm's Landing.

When a rolling application is approved, the spawn team will choose a port location appropriate for the region it is connecting to. The staff will then create the port from spawn to the hub region and vice versa.

Currently there are 3 carriage stalls and 5 non-server dock slips. These and the many other future ports will be scattered throughout the city, meaning not all ports are created equally. Some might be deemed to be in a "better" location than others, and that we may run into a supply shortage at first. However, we want to make the initial process of giving out ports as fair as possible. To that end, the cost of a port will be free-- you need only supply the materials if you are using a cart or a ship that does not already exist in the build.

Once a hub application is submitted, staff will make sure that all the prerequisites are fulfilled, then consider a number of factors in determining whether to approve or deny the application. Staff are instructed to consider the totality of the circumstances, and to that end, no one factor shall weigh enough to approve or deny the application. Factors will be the IC reasoning behind locating a port there, the scope of the target region (completion of builds), the size and standing of the faction including but not limited the number of active members, the number of dependent regions for travel purposes, geography, the distance to the next port, and other reasonable considerations. If an application is denied, staff are instructed to explain why and, where and when appropriate, help the applicant get approved.

Once you have a port at spawn you will be able to keep your port for as long as your region remains active ICly, either through general roleplay within the region, or hosted events on a monthly basis. The secondary factor when considering your port is the number of active members who actively live in your region. Ports will be updated every three months unless a port needs to be removed sooner. What this means is every three months the spawn team will avaluate each port for activity and remove the inactive ports. This allows each port some wiggle room so that they can get acivity up if it begins to fall.

That said, we will be taking appliactions at all times, though depending on the availablity of ports, it may take some time before your region can be considered a hub.

To help us in our process, if you plan to post an application for a port, please make sure you are requesting the appropriate type. If your region is only accessible from spawn by sea, request a dock slip. If your region can be reached by land or by sea, do us a favor and select a land based port. If your region is only accessible by land, make sure you select a land option. If you have a specific port request, do tell us. Our dock space is extremely limited right now. Please only request a dock slip if your region is not accessible by land.

Should the need or strong desire for neutral server owned hubs emerge, staff reserve the right to create said hubs.

We are aware that this slightly changes the travel system. We apologize for that inconvenience.

Hub Rules:
1 Hub per group (faction or non-affiliated regions) unless circumstances strongly indicate need for exception
Must have 5 active residents in hub
Location is or Becomes Public Knowledge
RP Classification Must Be Clearly Marked
A Hub must either be the capital of a faction or a region that makes geographical sense to be the hub (easiest to get to, closest to spawn, in the middle of affiliated regions, et cetera)
Unaffiliated regions CAN become hubs
If you are providing the build (carriage or ship), it must make RP sense (e.g. no diamond ships)
Hub status can be revoked if the region is destroyed or abandoned (inactive).
If you are requesting a carriage or stable, you must either have a road leading to your region or at the very least requested a road in the road purchase thread. If you have the latter and then get your port and then withdraw your road request, you will lose your port for at least two months.
Regions must remain active on a monthly basis either through general roleplay or events. As long as the spawn team sees that you are trying to promote RP then you have the opportunity to keep your port and hub status.

Application for hub status:
IGN:
Region name:
Are you THE owner of the region:
Affiliated House (If any):
Affiliated Regions (if any):
Port Type: Stable, Carriage, Dock Slip
Region Port Coordinates: (where in your region is your port)

Please fill the form for a region port from the {Hollows Travel Thread} if you do not have a port yet.

Active Ports:
If you're on this list that means that you have been deemed by the spawn team as active and will keep your port and hub status.

Aelmere Ddaug
Arget Isles Immerael Lady Alec
Compendium Antilogy
Mockingbay mokwar
Queensport BrianAT16 Elz
Sanardu Elz blargtheawesome

The means there are currently only 3 ship ports left available. Feel free to apply for all ports and spawn team will consider your app and we can create further ports if your region is deemed a hub.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member
IGN
: Kurzik
Region name: Sanardu
Are you THE owner of the region: Yes (Co-owner with blargtheawesome )
Affiliated House (If any): Azerwind are allies, Sangria-group are vassaled, uhhh
Affiliated Regions (if any): Linlea solus Azerwind mokwar Halbed/Sangria lot Cymic_ (I thiiink? They're like alliances so Im not sure - I also have a port to Amalfia in the works and possibly cukies place.)
Port Type: Dock Slip
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: Boat Slip 005, 006, 007
Target Coordinates: 5260, 35, -5054 (Its a little further away from the dock port, onto the actual docks instead of the ship)
Region Port Coordinates: 5287, 34, -5066

IGN
: Kurzik
Region name: Queensport
Are you THE owner of the region: Co-owner with BrianAT16
Affiliated House (If any): Eberhall, Hallon, MacRammbar, a few more I /think/
Affiliated Regions (if any): Eberau, Ackerland, MacRammbars Motte(Maybe? I imagine they connect), Mariensburg, probably more - Basically I connect to Anhald regions
Port Type: Dock Slip
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: 006, 008, 011
Target Coordinates: -5528, 35, -15173
Region Port Coordinates: Will edit, need to speak to Brian about what ship to throw in

Note: I did get a port put in to connect Sanardu and Queensport, because there was no way to get to QP otherwise. I'll remove it if Queensport becomes a hub, as right now its an exceptionally long voyage IC from one to the other an there are concerns regarding me linking both my own factions. It was more or less temporary, until spawn ports became available.

(Ill have to look at what ships specifically to use- not sure on if mine are large or not :c)

Last edited:

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Staff member
IGN: Ximmerael
Region name: Arget Isles
Are you THE owner of the region: One of two, Lady Alec be the other
Affiliated House (If any): Cerridwen
Affiliated Regions (if any): Zima'maloj, Alpen Rose
Port Type: Dock Slip (Being an island nation kinds of limits our options here.
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: 11, 6, 5
Target Coordinates: 8337, 34, -3219
Region Port Coordinates: 8321, 38, -3211

NIAH

Secretly Elz
Retired Staff
IGN
: NiekAlt (Or it may be Niah_Dacar that the 'official' owner title is tied to.)
Region name: Compendium
Are you THE owner of the region: Yessiree
Affiliated House (If any): None
Affiliated Regions (if any): Currently? Officially? None. However, there are several regions that surround Compendium that may benefit and connect to it, should they wish. Currently I've got the only road going mid-continent.
Port Type: Stable
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: Dock Stall 3, Gryphons Nest 1. If neither of those two, it doesn't matter.
Target Coordinates: -1570, 61, -1119
Region Port Coordinates: -1576, 61, -1119

Additional Notes: I have been waiting for ports so that people can come to my region, so I do not yet have 5 active members. Just two. However, like Rygan mentioned, he plans on bringing himself and 5 others. He just hasn't done it IC yet, as Compendium almost 8k blocks away and quite a hike. Others have said they don't want to make the walk to come, so I have not been actively recruiting until ports happen. If 5 active members at the time of hub status is a hard requirement, I will try to find some folks to live here, but being able to reach the region would make things easier.

Jak

Magus of Nothing
IGN: Jakp
Region name: blackstone
Are you THE owner of the region: No, bodejodel
Affiliated House (If any): Hawklight
Affiliated Regions (if any): Dawnshard, Western Watchtower, Southern Watchtower, South Osberht, East Osberht, West Osberht, Tutore's Temple, The Great Wall of FrostGuardian, Aeroch Nor
Port Type: Dock Slip, as an island.
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: 5,6,7
Target Coordinates: -8975, 65, -16000
Region Port Coordinates: -8975, 65, -16000

Axex Warwolf MRPolo13 DraconDarknight Kvothe Jstar Spear Ced

mokwar

Yū Yi
Retired Council Member
(So much work to do ;-; )
IGN: mokwar
Region name: Azerwind
Are you THE owner of the region: Yes.
Affiliated House (If any): Allied to house Fuvur, currently liege to house Herenni and Malum
Affiliated Regions (if any): (Gonna work on getting this list - Sanardú is ally, so I assume we should work on road gonna be getting some others as well (Hope that is all right)
Port Type: Stable, Carriage, Ship
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: I do not really mind any - What makes sense for a region like Mockingbay
Target Coordinates: 2706, 38, -2219
Region Port Coordinates: 2697, 51, -2152

Additional notes: I will be working on a dock with some ships to Halbed and etc - Is it okay that we just start out with stables and later can talk about the docks? got enough people who want the connections :D
Rox has been busy lately, so it has been mostly me and Az, but we will be getting it done soon!)

NIAH

Secretly Elz
Retired Staff
Oh right right-
And Niah Immerael Jak
-Your regions need a description. We'll fix the original form, but your regions need a description when someone arrives at port, since your region weren't listed yet in our records for travels. See Hollow Travels thread for details on it. You can post here
(340 character long) Description Region A: Welcome to The City of Records, Traveler. The Compendium welcomes all who seek knowledge and wish to preserve our history. May you find the answers you seek here.
Color of Description Region A: Blue or Cyan. Surprise me.
Region A Classification: Meederato

Immerael

The Shadow Admín
Staff member
(340 character long) Description Region A: As you arrive on the docks your eyes are drawn to the Ivory Towers. They dominate the skyscape, welcoming you to the Arget Isles, capital of the Silver Elves.
Color of Description Region A: Light Grey. Or something along those lines.
Region A Classification: Moderate

Apologies on the delay, I said I'd do the thing, then forgot. Then Alec said she'd do the thing, then forgot. Now I did the thing.

Ddaug

Lord of Altera
IGN: Ddaug02
Region name: Aelmere
Are you THE owner of the region: Yes
Affiliated House (If any): Wise, which is a vassal to Fuvur.
Affiliated Regions (if any): Aurum Orchards, Mesis, Scourge, Savage Island, Rouges Hearth
Port Type: Carriage
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: Dock Stall 001, 002 (Is this where these go? )
Target Coordinates: -2047, 72, 4306
Region Port Coordinates: -2047, 72, 4306

No roads yet but I have one in the construction que. Theres no other ports in the south, so I'm going ahead.

Balatro

Secretly both Niah and Elz
Retired Staff
IGN: balatr0
Region name: Rogues Hearth
Are you THE owner of the region: Yes
Affiliated House (If any): Wise
Affiliated Regions (if any): Aurum Orchard
Port Type: Stable dock stall 006 - (Or carriage preferably if I can place one at spawn)
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: 006- or any on that side, Than wagon.
Region Port Coordinates:

Will build a wagon for it once I know wether I can have a stable or wagon.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Retired Council Member
Retired Staff
BrainAT16
BrainAT16
Update to the current ports at Storm's Landing for both people who are looking to establish ports at spawn and for those who currently have ports set up.

As the release of the new update to spawn approaches, the spawn staff team see it only appropriate to update the ports present at spawn, as well. So if you have a region accessible by ship or carriage that you feel should be considered to receive a port from spawn, please fill out the application on the main post and either post it here in this thread or send it in a private message to myself (BrianAT16) , TheDeester and Warwolf to see if you qualify as an RP hub. Also please remember, to have a carriage port set up with spawn you must have a road connecting your region to spawn or at the very least, one in the queue ready to be established. Even if there are regions along the road connecting from your region to Storm's Landing; as long as a player can walk from spawn to your region without stepping off the road, you can have a port at spawn. If you have applied before, you can just quote your previous reply or post again so that the spawn team can go over your application once more.

Secondly, if you have a port currently at spawn please remember that to keep your port you must have some form of regular activity in your region. If you do not, you are in danger of losing your port so that more ports are open to more active regions. I will be tagging all regions that currently have a port just as a reminder to all of you.

Sanardu- Elz blargtheawesome
Blackstone- Jak
Queensport- BrianAT16 Elz
Arget Isles- Lady Alec Immerael
Rivelton- oveny
Eisenhiem- rjamesking
Aelmere- Ddaug
Mockingbay- mokwar
Compendium- Antilogy

Last edited:

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member
Sanardu isn't really active anymore, but it's still frequently used for people to get to other regions. And several ports are still in place linking from it. What do.

mokwar

Yū Yi
Retired Council Member
Sanardu isn't really active anymore, but it's still frequently used for people to get to other regions. And several ports are still in place linking from it. What do.
I got some spots left with plans for more in Mockingbay

Also got like- 6-7 carriage ports left, I think

mokwar

Yū Yi
Retired Council Member
(So much work to do ;-; )
IGN: mokwar
Region name: Azerwind
Are you THE owner of the region: Yes.
Affiliated House (If any): Herenii, dwarf house thingy, (I am really bad at remembering)
Affiliated Regions (if any):
- Astrakhan
- Sanardu
- Storm's Landing
- Stoltfar
(Soon) - Aeroch Nor
- Dwarf region thingy
Port Type: Carriage, Ship
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: I do not really mind any - What makes sense for a region like Mockingbay
Target Coordinates: 2706, 38, -2219
Region Port Coordinates: 2697, 51, -2152

Copied - With new additions

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Retired Council Member
Retired Staff
BrainAT16
BrainAT16
I just woke up so forgive me for being dense. This says we (Alec and I)need to fill out the application again yes?
No- just a reminder to all port owners about activity. If you're region is active when we change ports you'll automatically keep yours at spawn. Unless you want your port updated, in which a new app would suffice for the change.

Though if anyone does have a port currently and wants it removed entierly- just drop a reply and we'll do so.

Those regions should probably look into linking up with other regions like Mokwar's for example or applying to see if they could be a hub themselves. At least until Sanardu is back in activity once/if it is again.

Last edited:

Rygan

Rygan.
Mystic
Rygan_
Rygan_
LegendMystic
rn i think only mockingbay and queensport are even remotely active enough and maybe aelmere if im counting QP

arget too if im scooping low enough to count aelmere

Last edited:

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Retired Council Member
Retired Staff
BrainAT16
BrainAT16
Bump, with the new set up of spawn coming in the next week or so that's when we are going to be updating all ports. So if you want your town to get a port at spawn come the big change be sure to submit your application soon. Currently, there is only 1 Carriage port available and 3 boat ports left.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Retired Council Member
Retired Staff
BrainAT16
BrainAT16
How do I keep the port to Compendium?
The main factors we consider when looking at an existing port are; is the region active ICly either through general roleplay, or events on a monthly basis and does it have 5 or more active IC residents.

If we believe that the answer is yes to both of those questions for your region, then you will keep your port. Otherwise it's subject to removal so that the ports can be open to more active settlements.