Storm's Landing Travel System

Antilogy

Do You Not Have Phones, Though?
Retired Staff
The main factors we consider when looking at an existing port are; is the region active ICly either through general roleplay, or events on a monthly basis and does it have 5 or more active IC residents.

If we believe that the answer is yes to both of those questions for your region, then you will keep your port. Otherwise it's subject to removal so that the ports can be open to more active settlements.
Do I need to fill anything out?

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Retired Council Member
Retired Staff
BrainAT16
BrainAT16
Do I need to fill anything out?
Not unless anything has changed since the first time you applied. Seeing as Niah originally applied though, it might be best for you to fill out the app unless everything in her application is still the same for you. Your call. We'll consider your region regardless seeing as it already has a port.

Solus

Solzilla
Staff member
Server Owner
IGN: solusrequiem & Estes241
Region name: Linlea
Are you THE owner of the region: I'm a Co-Owner
Affiliated House (If any): Fuvur, Cerridwen
Affiliated Regions (if any): Sanardu, Arget Isles, Crow's Perch- currently. Planning to reach out to two others, maybe
Port Type: Dock
Region Port Coordinates: (where in your region is your port): Around 6002 37 -9451

Notes:
Judge the region as you three see fit .. and not because I'm your boss. haha

Antilogy

Do You Not Have Phones, Though?
Retired Staff
IGN: Antilogy
Region name: Compendium
Are you THE owner of the region: Yes
Affiliated House (If any): None
Affiliated Regions (if any): None
Port Type: Stable or Carriage Please
Region Port Coordinates: -1576, 61, -1119

Additional Notes: This is a re-application because of a change in ownership in Compendium. The rules state the the region is eligible for a port if the region is active ICly either through general roleplay, or events on a monthly basis and does it have 5 or more active IC residents. I will begin with the resident requirement. Compendium currently has six "new" IC residents of varying activity (hi ptiber) and a whole host of residents from the previous census, some of which I believe to still be residents and some I am not sure. I have not been able to host any events in Compendium because I have been focusing on touching up builds and making the Archive, which was ready but is now delayed another week or so due to technical concerns of which Solus is aware. If you plan to penalize Compendium for not having Archive open at the time of making this application even though it will be reopened in about a week, I kindly ask that you speak to Solus about why it is closed before you do so, as she may offer a satisfactory explanation.

In regards to events, do have plans to host events in Compendium once things are ready again, and in my threads I have mentioned an Awards Banquet as well as a way for other players to host events. I also want to do a Scrivener's Ball and plan to work with the thieves guild oocly to set up a heist. Once the shrine is done, I also plan to do a religious service.

As far as activity goes, Compendium is home of the Archive, which houses an extremely significant collection of books and items important for many reasons. I myself have RP'd several times (more than I have in years), and just about every time I log in I see folks there reading, exploring, and RPing. I am sure people are also there when I am not, as well. Compendium also houses the admittedly inactive Alchemist Guild. It also has a mages hall, a tavern, a hospital, and several homes.

More than anything, I believe removing the port from Spawn to Compendium will be doing a disservice to the community and will disrupt the organic ebbs and flows of RP. To begin, Compendium offers services very significant to RP (the largest library, a collection of maps, and artifact displays). Many of the books in the library offer IC ways to learn skills and the history and lore of Altera. It is in the best interest of the server to make it easy to get to these resources. Conversely, if it is difficult to get to those resources, then characters may have a harder time developing skills, and may be less informed on the history and lore of Altera.

In sum, despite the transition, Compendium is an active and growing region that should get a port. It has enough active residents, plans for events, completed builds, important IC services, and developing rp.

In sum, I strongly believe Compendium should have and keep its port from spawn and I ask you, the spawn team, to allocate one to the region.

Djiboutian

Legend of Altera
Villager
DJiboutian
DJiboutian
Villager
IGN:I_Love_djibouti
Region name:Rivelton
Are you THE owner of the region:No but I did got permission from oveny
Affiliated House (If any):-
Affiliated Regions (if any): rivelton, lutia and potsfield
Port Type: Dock Slip
Region Port Coordinates: (where in your region is your port) 1490, 65, -9395

Last edited:

oveny

Legend of Altera
IGN:I_Love_djibouti
Region name:Rivelton
Are you THE owner of the region:No but I did got permission from oveny
Affiliated House (If any):-
Affiliated Regions (if any): rivelton, lutia and potsfield
Region Port Coordinates: (where in your region is your port) 1490, 65, -9395
just so they know I have, I did state he could XD

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member
Application for hub status:
IGN
: Kurzik
Region name: Sanardu
Are you THE owner of the region: Yes (Co-owner with blargtheawesome )
Affiliated House (If any): Azerwind are allies, Sangria-group are vassaled, uhhh
Affiliated Regions (if any): Linlea solus - Azerwind mokwar - Halbed Cymic_ - Natri'Evar Cukie1 - Isla Vallaz Squidziod - Astakos (My other region)
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: Boat Slip 005, 006, 007
Target Coordinates: 5260, 35, -5054 (Its a little further away from the dock port, onto the actual docks instead of the ship)
Region Port Coordinates: 5287, 34, -5066

Re-posting at a request, I have a fair amount of places linking from Sanardu to others, and I'm still trying to get the place active again with plans for events and things there in the future. Its a hassle having to re-direct people from spawn to mockingbay carriages then from there to wherever the Sanardu carriage is. Luckily I've a home set there but I lag out a lot on this map loading in new places too.

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Retired Council Member
Retired Staff
BrainAT16
BrainAT16
Application for hub status:
IGN
: Kurzik
Region name: Sanardu
Are you THE owner of the region: Yes (Co-owner with blargtheawesome )
Affiliated House (If any): Azerwind are allies, Sangria-group are vassaled, uhhh
Affiliated Regions (if any): Linlea solus - Azerwind mokwar - Halbed Cymic_ - Natri'Evar Cukie1 - Isla Vallaz Squidziod - Astakos (My other region)
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: Boat Slip 005, 006, 007
Target Coordinates: 5260, 35, -5054 (Its a little further away from the dock port, onto the actual docks instead of the ship)
Region Port Coordinates: 5287, 34, -5066

Re-posting at a request, I have a fair amount of places linking from Sanardu to others, and I'm still trying to get the place active again with plans for events and things there in the future. Its a hassle having to re-direct people from spawn to mockingbay carriages then from there to wherever the Sanardu carriage is. Luckily I've a home set there but I lag out a lot on this map loading in new places too.
Approved and set up.

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Retired Council Member
IGN: Cukie1
Region name: Natri'Evar
Are you THE owner of the region: Yes, Azur is sub-owner
Affiliated House (If any): Shink'maho
Affiliated Regions (if any): Garrosh'lek, Khovr'Handar, Ruby Isles, Redwood Grove
Port Type: Carriage or Stable
Region Port Coordinates:
This is the cart itself

Jak

Magus of Nothing
IGN: Jakp
Region name: bs (Blackstone, bs is easier for commands)
Are you THE owner of the region: No, bodejodel
Affiliated House (If any): Hawklight
Affiliated Regions (if any): Kavdu, The Great Wall of FrostGuardian, Aeroch Nor, Watchtowers
Port Type: Dock Slip, as an island it's the only choice available.
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: I can't find this map but there's only two free so one of those.
Target Coordinates: -8975, 65, -16000
Region Port Coordinates: -8975, 65, -16000

I understand our last port from spawn was removed due to a lack of activity on our part - however, this situation has changed. We have a population of well over 5, although the most active are myself, Leftward, Tohm, Dracon, bode and Polo. We are once again engaged in RPing actively, and with two free dock slips, I thought it would be worth applying. I understand if a more active coastal region perhaps decides to apply for one of these slips, then we will have to concede, but at this time it certainly seems that of the regions with a coastal port, we are one of the most active. We are pursuing setting up Blackstone as an active location once more and I have ensured that there have been roleplays there every day since my return (as small as they may have been).

Rygan

Rygan.
Mystic
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
LegendMystic
IGN: Rygan_ / Arkenguard
Region name: Oren
Are you THE owner of the region: one of us is
Affiliated House (If any): Varyn
Affiliated Regions (if any): Varynhall / Whatever we rename Ostmotte to eventually. If Hawklight doesn't get their port they can hook up w/ us Jak
Port Type: Ship
Region Port Coordinates: x -6568 y 33 z -13763
(340 character long) Description: The seat of House Varyn, a small village surrounds the keep and its farmlands.
Color of Description Region A: Normal text but a cool blue or something for 'House Varyn'
Region A Classification: Moderate

we were pretty active pre-two week temp ban (and the following week) and will likely be again once school starts and everyone's settled

IGN: DraconDarknight
Region name: bs (Blackstone, bs is easier for commands)
Are you THE owner of the region: No, bodejodel
Affiliated House (If any): Hawklight
Affiliated Regions (if any): Kavdu, The Great Wall of FrostGuardian, Aeroch Nor, Watchtowers
Port Type: Dock Slip, as an island it's the only choice available.
Top 3 Spawn Port Locations: A free Ship in the harbour.
Region Port Coordinates:-9001,34,-1000 (Ship in Blackstone)
Target Coordinates: Spawn

Last edited:
IGN:Rawkiller12
Region name: Slyannen
Are you THE owner of the region:Yes
Affiliated House (If any):Telarion
Affiliated Regions (if any):padure, Montivillers,Linistel
Port Type:Dock Slip
Region Port Coordinates: (where in your region is your port)

Proposing to take the place of queens port due to the inactivity of the region rp and rp event wise over a region that has activity according to the rules for spawn ports.

Solus

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member

Proposing to take the place of queens port due to the inactivity of the region rp and rp event wise over a region that has activity according to the rules for spawn ports.

Solus
Mine is however a port for other ports like Amaranthine and Blackstone. Why specifically my port and aren't there other free ports...?

Mine is however a port for other ports like Amaranthine and Blackstone. Why specifically my port and aren't there other free ports...?
because the arget isls have a ctive player base, so does linlea, and blackstone, and sanadru all port ships are filled, blackstone has its own port and dont see many active on amrinthine

Elz

Secretly Niah
Staff member
There's a ship in the harbour that seems to be a house and not an actual port. There is a place beside the frontier ship.
Queensport links to;
Port: Blackstone, Amaranthine, Ruby Isles, Astakos
Carriage (which you need the port to get to: Eberbau, Thorne

Ultimately it is up to the spawn team but I don't see booming activity in most regions, the fact most of my Queensport group up and quit the server wasn't something I could've predicted.

Kamaoe

The Green One
Staff member
Kamaoe
Kamaoe

Solus
While Queen's Port has had a dip in activity lately, it's still a hub area with several other ports to regions that can only be accessed via the Queen's Port port without a roundabout walk. I'll be opting to keep it in place for the time being, as there are several regions connected off of the Queen's Port port that have been busy as of late. There is another clear dock on the other side of the New Frontier boat that is available for use, should you want it.