[suggestion] Godly relics

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
Heya!

I'd like to suggest for staff to spread 'godly relics' through-out the regions of this world.

The idea comes from things like: In Christian churches, by now they've collected 8 bones of the thumb of Christ. Which is impossible cause he only had 2 thumbs, but still. It are items of religious importance that people travel halfway across the world to view.
It'd be nice if people of Altera could find links to their Gods as well.

sub-suggestion:
A suggestion that is part of this suggestion is to spread spots of divine presence. (like a statue of the virgin Mary that someone saw crying, and now it's being visited by hundreds of people). Or for Gods to sometimes appear (if only appear, no need to talk, could be just a flash or very vivid dream) to players. Then, at that site, where it happened, region-owners can build a religious spot. Then they have a true reason to put a sign like: "You feel a divine presence" and build a temple dedicated to a God.

I'm asking, because I think it will bring the Gods much more in RP, without them actually having to truly be there. A staff DM can easily do an apparation of a God. It's a way to make the Gods more tangible, without really having to shape them or needing to give them a reason to be there. Let them remain arcane and mysterious, but let them be in our world instead of on the forums.

Alright, that was all :p

NIAH

Secretly Elz
Retired Staff
There are already godly relics around. Compendium has at least two. Though I haven't actually gotten around to putting in the artifact displays yet.

CyberChaosV2

Lord of Altera
Heya!

I'd like to suggest for staff to spread 'godly relics' through-out the regions of this world.

The idea comes from things like: In Christian churches, by now they've collected 8 bones of the thumb of Christ. Which is impossible cause he only had 2 thumbs, but still. It are items of religious importance that people travel halfway across the world to view.
It'd be nice if people of Altera could find links to their Gods as well.

sub-suggestion:
A suggestion that is part of this suggestion is to spread spots of divine presence. (like a statue of the virgin Mary that someone saw crying, and now it's being visited by hundreds of people). Or for Gods to sometimes appear (if only appear, no need to talk, could be just a flash or very vivid dream) to players. Then, at that site, where it happened, region-owners can build a religious spot. Then they have a true reason to put a sign like: "You feel a divine presence" and build a temple dedicated to a God.

I'm asking, because I think it will bring the Gods much more in RP, without them actually having to truly be there. A staff DM can easily do an apparation of a God. It's a way to make the Gods more tangible, without really having to shape them or needing to give them a reason to be there. Let them remain arcane and mysterious, but let them be in our world instead of on the forums.

Alright, that was all :p
bones of the thumb don't strictly mean the entire thumb, now 8 is still impossible, as you only have 2 bones in your thumb, but they're only double wrong, not quadruple

Cukie1

Essentially a Chihuahua
Retired Council Member
bones of the thumb don't strictly mean the entire thumb, now 8 is still impossible, as you only have 2 bones in your thumb, but they're only double wrong, not quadruple
Compeltely possible if they mean the whole thumb. The thumb is made up of 4 bones including one that connects to the others at the wrist.

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
Compeltely possible if they mean the whole thumb. The thumb is made up of 4 bones including one that connects to the others at the wrist.
I don't know if it was the thumb exactly, but they did have too many fingers. Anyways, it was just to illustrate the point xD

Bartooliinii

The Artisan
Patron
Bartooliinii
Bartooliinii
Patron
Alright, from what I gather from this thread is that there are already some relics out there! :O
I'm pleasantly surprised about this :) I'd still love to see more God-content in game, doesn't have to be big or important, just some clues.
Looking forward to finding some relics and perhaps even hearing talk of apparations