• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Suggestion] New road types

Sankera

Lord of Altera
Okay I know what you're asking yourself "why the hell would we want new roads?". Well the answer is simple my friend, recently I've seen some more desert cities pop up and maybe these new roads might also spark people to make Sooleran chars and live in the desert. I based my ideas of the other road packs [X]. So here are my ideas

~Peasant road equivalent, Sooleran road~
30% red sand 30% red sandstone 20% red sandstone stairs 10% sandstone 10% sand. No aesthetic features or lamps. 5k per 1000 blocks of distance.

~Trade road equivalent, Caravan road~
30% andesite 30% red sand 10% sand 15% sandstone stairs 15% red sandstone stairs. Occasional lantern and one added aesthetic feature. 10k per 1000 blocks of distance.

~Noble road equivalent, Sultan road~
Mostly made of granite. Lined or patterned with polished diorite and red sandstone stairs. and containing lamps and up to two aesthetic features. 50k per 1000 blocks of distance. A larger Bridge may be bought with this pack. I doubt there is any need of a bridge in our desert though

-Lamps-

Lamp on Caravan road

Lamp on Sultan road

~Aesthetic Features~

Caravan camp

Other Available Aesthetic Features
(Not Pictured)

Small ruin sunken into the sand
Small gaurd post
Small farm

So yeah that is suggestion number 1 for today, prepare for more ^-^

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
we've never made desert roads before, I would've thought different roads for different terrains would be logical- I mean if the road team is fine with doing it there's no problem with it.

Just the third fancy road might be troublesome :p would those have to be done by hand?

Sankera

Lord of Altera
I
we've never made desert roads before, I would've thought different roads for different terrains would be logical- I mean if the road team is fine with doing it there's no problem with it.

Just the third fancy road might be troublesome :p would those have to be done by hand?
Well uhm- yeah. But kids remember, oldskool fancy is handcrafted fancy

mairinbaihn

Jane of all Trades
Retired Staff
I

Well uhm- yeah. But kids remember, oldskool fancy is handcrafted fancy
These are amazing Sankera, sorry I didn't see them sooner! New roads is something I really want to add as well as them matching the terrain they're in. The third one would be done by hand, but that's fine...there are two roads currently that are done that way as well, and that's why they're a bit more pricey :) On the first two roads I would like to incorporate one more material to blend it more, so if we could get together soon and work on that, then I would love to add these to the current road selections. Thank you so much for sharing these, they're really really nice. :heart:

Sankera

Lord of Altera
These are amazing Sankera, sorry I didn't see them sooner! New roads is something I really want to add as well as them matching the terrain they're in. The third one would be done by hand, but that's fine...there are two roads currently that are done that way as well, and that's why they're a bit more pricey :) On the first two roads I would like to incorporate one more material to blend it more, so if we could get together soon and work on that, then I would love to add these to the current road selections. Thank you so much for sharing these, they're really really nice. :heart:
N'aaaaaw thank you ^////^
Will be fun to make!!