• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Suggestion] Renaming "Violent" region classification to "Open"

Tohm

Lord of Altera
After a long discussion about Blackstone's region type, the discussion essentially boiled down to the fact that the "Violent" region tag is sort of a misnomer that may wane a player's interest in said region by creating the idea that there's constant violence occurring, and that the region is a warzone. In a violent region, "Open" RP is allowed, meaning that anything goes, but under the new consent rules, the circumstances around violent RP have changed, and you now require a good reason to kill/maim a character. I think that changing the name of the classification would reflect the style of RP that happens in these regions more accurately, and would get rid of the preconceptions behind these regions.

Rossu

Lord of Altera
After a long discussion about Blackstone's region type, the discussion essentially boiled down to the fact that the "Violent" region tag is sort of a misnomer that may wane a player's interest in said region by creating the idea that there's constant violence occurring, and that the region is a warzone. In a violent region, "Open" RP is allowed, meaning that anything goes, but under the new consent rules, the circumstances around violent RP have changed, and you now require a good reason to kill/maim a character. I think that changing the name of the classification would reflect the style of RP that happens in these regions more accurately, and would get rid of the preconceptions behind these regions.
I fully support this.

Solus

Solzilla
Staff member
Server Owner
I'll see what the rest of Staff think, as I've heard it from a few of them a while back.
But are there any suggestions players have on what you'd feel is proper in replacement to "Violent"?