Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Sylverdrake's Whitelist Application [Approved - Niko]

Sylverdrake

Villager
1. What is your Minecraft username?
Sylverdrake

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
United States

4. Have you read the King's Law, Tome of Citizenship, Official Lore, and the Survival Guides yet?
Yes

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is using information, you as the player knows, in character. For example, my friend who knows the lore tells me the weakness of the Big Bad, my character, uses this information despite having made no effort to actually learn or provide explanation for how they got such information.

Powergaming is forcing actions upon others players in text based roleplaying systems. My character, we'll call him Stabby McDeheaderstab, decides to stab a player. Stabby runs over, I would emote that I am stabbing another player's character, killing them, blood and guts going everywhere. In essence, it is taking agency away from another player. A big nono in all styles of roleplaying.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?

No, I'd be surprised if you did.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
Sizzix

8. Tell us about yourself!
I've been roleplaying for a considerable amount of time, I run D&D games on the weekends and I need something to itch the scratch since we're closing for finals soon.

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
Does the story of a group of college age adults watching as the DM pretends to be a dying salmon and the ranger can hear it's dying screams as their pet bear eats it because they decided to wear the magic bathrobe that lets them talk to fish? Than yes. If not, no.

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
Curiousity
About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.
Character Name:
Theodoric Callaban

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Theo is a scrawny, poorly built young adult man. He has messy blonde hair and dark green eyes that seem like they need a polish, then they'd be dazzling like emeralds. Being from a rather poor farming household to the north, he wears a thicker tunic to keep him warm, otherwise he wears a white linen undershirt during the few warm moments that the climate spared.

Written Test!As the last galleys pull into port from the Northern Kingdoms, so too do they mark the end of the Exodus. A dark and desperate chapter in Altera's history.
The undead swarms had battered us, and the Sea of Storms had bruised us, yet here we were, alive. Alive in a brave new frontier to the east, and the flickering embers of our dying lands were now kindling the fires of new civilization, in a land of opportunity, vast and boundless.

Now, for the first time in a long time, there is hope. Hope of a new chapter, a new beginning and a clean slate. Yet there is also fear. Fear of the land unknown, and the danger untold. There is fear that, in spreading the light, we draw the ire of what lies in the shadows.

But no matter the opinions on the subject, there is one thing that may be said for certain.

Life on Altera was about to change
. "And change it would."

“My pa used to say that the winds of change were just winds, the magnitude of change didn’t bring them. It was the force of will and effort exerted by those individuals who sought to bring about change. Each and everyone soul that put a step forth towards a goal. That, wind. Wasn’t wind. It was spirit. It was determination. It was passion. Course, my pa used to say a lotta things, but this is one of those sayins’ I kept close to heart. Cus, deep down. I knew he was right, and one day, I wanted to be that force. Just, bein’ a catalyst for somethin’ greater than myself. But, I thought to myself. What do I do when I get there, if I get there? I supposed I’d have to have a goal for myself. Well, I figured, if I couldn’t be the change, I could at least try to inspire it, to fan the flames of passion and emotion. Now, I’m sure I’m sounding like I want to be some sort of politician or Knight Commander. Nah, I’m not cut out for that much responsibility. No, what I had in mind was far more humbling.

I decided, on a midsummer night when the wind was sweet an’ tarty with the smell of peach trees, the crickets were performing a starlit symphony, and that sweet cold embrace of the evening was upon me, I called out to my ma, bless her heart an’ soul to Rahas, told her I’d be a teacher. Of what I wasn’t sure. As ya’ still know. I’m not a man of many a talent. But I swore to her, and oh did I swear upon every moss covered stone, every sparkling brook, every damn patch of grass. If I could be that wind to someone, I’d be satisfied. I think she was satisfied to, but she had that silent sort of smile, an’ I felt that same smile upon me that very night through the stars, heavens, an’ more.

So, now here I stand, my fragile, scrawny bod, present and accounted for! Here I stand ready to be that wind, or to cause that wind. I don’t know what life will bring me, but by the gods, bless them, even the ones whose got to do what they got to do. So, will you help me get on my way?”

Theo gave the impressively patient sailor a pleadful grin, his arms spread wide to present himself more fully as he stood on the shifting oaken ship. With a gruff snort, the sailor turned toward him and stood up. The burly, brined physique towered over him, curly brown hairs adorned his chin and shivered with each breath. “Boy, oi wus sleepin’ quiote noicely till ya went and dun woke me up good wit dat blabbah. Now. Ah believe we’re here so would ya’ kindly,...” Before he had the chance to react, Theo found himself hoisted into the air by the scruff of his neck, much like a kitten carrying her young, but with far less care. “SHOVE OFF” barked the seadweller as he set him on the docks of the Alterian port. Grumbling, the sailor disappeared below deck after setting Theo down.

Brushing himself off, the pale, blonde haired, green eyed twig of a lad surveyed his surroundings with an optimistic grin. “Well, I think I’m off to good start.”

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Marvelous work, your test was a fantastic read.
ignis_clap_by_cukie1-da5rcqb.gif
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our Tome of Citizenship. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

For easy reading- Here's our Starter Guide once you login!

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.(very useful, by the way.)
Survival Guide
Tome of Citizenship
Commands Guide
How to create your character profile
Town Census
Server Rules
Using Titles ingame
Rules for Roleplay
The Players' Handbook

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points. It's very important. As a new player, once you play you may be tempted to "test" out an x-ray mod... don't do it! We have a zero tolerance policy for it.

1) We have active members of staff monitoring players suspected of using X-RAY. We have extensive logging capabilities which also highlight to us when X-RAY is suspected. Anyone caught using X-RAY mods or Transparent Texture Packs will be permanently banned without appeal.
2) Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.