Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Tallowcatch's Application [Approved - Charybdis]

Tallowcatch

Villager
About You!

1. What is your Minecraft username?
Tallowcatch

2. How old are you?

3. What country are you from?
USA

4. Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
The King's Law, CoC, and still working through the extensive lore

5. In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming is when you use knowledge you have received through OOC means and then bring it IC. Powergaming is forcing your actions on another without allowing for appropriate responses. It can also mean using overpowered physical or magical means to overwhelm another player into letting you win.

6. Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
Noooooo.

7. Name one of our current Mentors.
AYDA

8. Tell us about yourself!
I am a roleplayer who has traditionally done tumblr rp and other long form scenarios. I enjoy gaming, rock music, cooking, hanging out with my friends, and medieval larp. I enjoy singing, watching videos with friends, and and generally pretty open and friendly!

9. Do you have any examples of your work?
I enjoy minecraft building, but don't really have screenshots!

10. Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
(This question is also optional. If you were referred by someone, that person has a chance to get a referral reward.)

About Your Character!
This section is about the character you intend to use once you join the server.We ask that new players follow these guidelines during this portion of the application:
  • Characters begin with basic skills and gear. No advanced armor or weaponry. Skills and abilities are appropriate to a novice level. Skills should be learned through roleplay, not through backstory.
  • Characters fit the lore. If you choose to play as a Moor Elf, for example, we expect appearance and details to be fitting with base lore.
  • Characters cannot use magic in any way. The test itself should not mention magic either. HollowWorld uses a restricted magic system and it is only accessible to those who find and learn from a teacher in-game.
  • Tests should not be violent. No murder, killing, death, torture. In the past, 8 out of 10 applications featured characters fighting off bandits or slaying passersby. We don't want to see how well you can script a fight scene. We want to see how well you can tell a story, how well you can roleplay.
  • Be creative and be original. Do not use tests/characters whose home villages were burned, parents murdered, and then set off to be an orphan assassin. It has been done before. Please don't do it again.
  • Written portion of the test is required to be a 400 word minimum. If the test doesn't meet the minimum, Staff may ask you to extend the test before the application is considered.
You can remove the guidelines above when you're copy and pasting the application. The instructions above are for you to read and can be removed when applying.

Character Name:
Beatrix Rycliffe

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Black hair, blue eyes

(Optional) Picture of the Skin:

Written Test!

The woman had been standing along the fore of the ship, watching the sloop cut through the grey, choppy waters that reflected the overcast sky above. The saltwater spray misted her hair, hanging like dew in the black, wind-whipped locks. Must be far enough away from land now, she thought with relief.

The Rycliffe ancestral home, perched on the top of a high hill overlooking the small home city of Beatrix was a welcome sight. The gently sloping hills of woodland that made up the areas surrounding the city gave way to open fields that terminated in the bustling shipyards that dotted the shoreline. And after the sloop moored among the fregats and schooners, a smaller ferry brought the landing party ashore. She took her kinsman’s arm who was there to meet her, as they made their way towards the waiting horses on the street. A gentle, reassuring squeeze of hands passed between them as they set off towards home.

Everywhere was evidence of industry. Sailors roaming the streets in groups, outwardly anxious to ship out, and exerting one last burst of energy before they did. Dockhands moving bulky cargo on and off transport boats. Food sellers loudly peddling fragrant meats and exotic fruits to those weary travelers fresh off their tour. The riotous notes of guitar music flooded from tavern windows that tourists, sailors, and the idle rich celebrated behind. A stop to give alms to the needy along the way, pausing to greet a local merchant, until finally, the entourage made their way to the front gates. She climbed the steep staircase, entering the family dwelling. Pausing at the carved double doors of what used to be her father’s chambers, she rested a light hand on the doorframe, a moment of remembrance and reverence there, before moving down to her own rooms. where shipworn clothing finally removed, she proceeded to the bath, sinking into the warmed, perfumed waters. Sluicing the bath, fragrance, and petals over her pale skin, she sat back and exhaled.

Hours later, after dinner had been served, she sat back and thought again. It had been odd, she mused, as she sat with her post-dinner glass of brandy, to sit at the head of her table. Previous journeys home had been too brief for there had been too much travelling between the house and various holdings to have a proper family dinner like they used to. But it had been good, seeing her Uncle’s comforting smile, the press of her Aunt’s hand against her back; a support. Her little cousins crowding around her, jostling for the sweets and fripperies she had brought back for them. They had eventually gone to bed, with sticky hands and smiles, leaving their parents and elders to talk. Gathered around the fire, they enjoyed the peace that only recently departed children could bring.

The flames became lower and lower, and quiet conversation died as one-by-one, the family drifted off to bed. Soon it was only her and her Uncle left. The man eyeing the girl in front of the fire with a serene sort of forbearance as she debated beginning the conversation. The silence drew out for an uncomfortable moment, before she murmured. “Go ahead. Voice your opinions on my judgment.”

"What can I say to you that would penetrate that thick skull of yours. You should have known better. You should have heeded our words. And now you may have brought all of us to ruin."

“Hindsight makes fools of us all, doesn’t it?” she retorted, face burning hotly in shame as she turned, eyeing the dark hallway once more.

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
A very tidy and well-written application!

Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, in Linistel, or at Storm's Landing, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+