1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest, Welcome to our Medieval Roleplaying Server, HollowWorld! Get Whitelisted Today and join us! Then check out our Starter Guide made just for you.
  3. Keep up-to-date on the Server Campaigns!
  4. Here's a guide to the Prestige plugin! Read it here.
  5. To purchase property at Storm's Landing, Please Click Here!
  6. Hey, Guest! Contribute to the Server to keep us Alive!

Tempy's TED Talk about Building & Regions

Discussion in 'The Big Suggestion Box' started by Tempy_, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Somnastra

Somnastra Puppycat Herder Retired Staff

Character Name:
    Somnastra Elenthalion
    Alt Name:
    Kelta Brinn
    Race:
    Elf
    What about the independents?

2. oveny

oveny It took a lot to get here

I'm going to state this, as some might have not known that you can toggle the tags and players off on the dyne map.

3. Antilogy

Antilogy #ImNotKiddingMaddi Retired Staff

Pretty sure that it can also be switched on or off by default.

*Shrug* First region 32. Any more region 16.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheDeester

TheDeester I don’t believe it Retired Staff

Isn’t there a way to instate layers of markers on the Dynamap? I could have sworn I’d seen it somewhere else. It’s a bit late for it now, but at the inevitable map reset that might help with this concern.

Quick edit: layers as in, maybe major and minor cities by player decision or whatever. Quantifying things with numbers always gums things up.

5. Solus

Solus Solzilla Staff Member Server Owner

Character Name:
    Ashna Kov'Gra'Sek
    In-game Town/City:
    Linlea
    I'll have to check if there is, as I think there might be. May make all this easier.

On topic- Tempy_ as the OP
    and Rossu from this thread: https://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/region-applications.42967/ and @others vying for a region application system.

You guys are giving me large suggestions that requires me to have a sole active Staff Member that's willing to moderate and accept applications based on a criteria we'd have to write up. I do no have that. Moderation builds and regions would require me to bring in more help as my current In-Game Tech team can only keep up with current support requests of roads, travel ports, dynmap icons, etc.. and there's been an expressed interest in not moderating dynmap icons because it'd be difficult to continuously judge a region. Regional applications would also restrict our free-form region building abilities that HW is built and based on, and that is not quite a step I'm willing to take without being fully convinced it's for the better.

But, even I find a problem with the mass amount of region icons that have absolutely 0 builds or just a single building in their region. And if it's only just one plot claimed. (Yes, someone's done that before and I've removed their icon). For now, what I can do is ask Archbishop to make sure the region has builds before he puts in a dynmap marker and we'll remove ones that have nothing there- they'll have to wait. I'll continue to read suggestions until I either find someone who's willing to take on an approved moderation-like role in the event it’s needed, or see if an easier suggestion comes along.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018 at 10:20 PM
    • Like Like x 2
    • Player Love Player Love x 1
  6. Rossu

Rossu Legend of Altera

Character Name:
    Arianne
    Race:
    Elf
    In-game Town/City:
    i wont conform to your standards
    This is a step in the right direction, personally as I was the one who made a whole thread and discussion about it, I would be willing to give further insight and assistance if need be in the future.

7. BoredBrit

BoredBrit Lord of Altera

Character Name:
    Maceo de Courtnay I
    Race:
    Human
    House:
    Artois
    Its finally happening. It is heaven.