Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Thanks nerds

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
I have it set up so I get alerts for every new character profile. I still see people making Soolera characters: an open-ended culture I wrote in a day several years ago because there were zero brown characters. Thanks for using my writing, makes me feel appreciated.

On that note, I've got the itch again. How do ya'll feel about a Viking inspired culture that isn't Sangria?

Jeroxia

We demons of our solemn hour
Good
Hmm... well, so a new viking culture? Sounds fun! My character slots are full but I'd love to see it.

Mitch

Daydreamer
Good
HoboVigilante
HoboVigilante
Good
I’ve wanted to do some Viking shit for a hot minute and never got around to it properly, consider me interested

Cymic_

Better than sliced bread
Legend
Hell yes. Norvagens were rad and Sangria is only one part viking, the other part pirate (Lore rewrites coming!). A pure viking inspired culture would come in handy and would promote more characters of that subtype. They are my second favorite type of character following pirates/sailors.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I remember BoredBrit and I think LiraKitty doing raids with their viking culture at one point. My character was even enslaved by them. They had set up quite a cool camp in the north, hidden where nobody could find them. Doing raids from that point. They even had a thread up where people could volunteer regions for raiding and they'd do raids when there were a lot of people online in any of those regions. Don't know what ever became of them or why the camp went inactive though...

Baron

Sovereign
Retired Staff
Got some stuff drafted for the tentatively named Nordrekar culture. Compound name in old norse: northern dragons

Foci: tightly bound large families, trials of adulthood requiring some fundamental skills, high adherence to their own Law (as defined by the Lawspeaker), their own written language (Drekarun: dragon's runes), and distinct social positions for magic-wielders and blessed