Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Absolute Worst Movies You've Seen

Goldtalon101

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Goldtalon101
Goldtalon101
Mystic
The books were awesome, the films don't do it justice. The entire concept is cool. The films are mediocre, I still watch them because I do enjoy them, but the best part about them is Jennifer Lawrence.
I completely disagree with -everything- here xD The first book, yes it was good but i cannot say the same for the others. Also the concept is stolen from "Battle Royale" which was a Japanese movie. The entire concept is literally ripped off. Seriously go watch the movie and you'll be as disgusted as I am.

Finally Jennifer Lawrence completely ruined the strong and independent character that Katniss was meant to be, instead she turned it into, "PETER? PETER? WHERE ARE YOU PEEEETER?"

Honestly the books were mediocre at best and the movies have been quite frankly abysmal in my opinion.

Spark

Broken
Also the concept is stolen from "Battle Royale" which was a Japanese movie. The entire concept is literally ripped off. Seriously go watch the movie and you'll be as disgusted as I am.
I disagree so much with this, not that it's copied, because it is, but it being seen as a flaw. If nobody used other people's ideas, we wouldn't have many films. Battle Royale is also in Japanese, which limits it to people can either understand it, or can be bothered to read subtitles. I've seen Battle Royale, and I'm not disgusted at all, because it was a complete let down. It was extremely overhyped and I don't know how it's as popular as it is.

Finally Jennifer Lawrence completely ruined the strong and independent character that Katniss was meant to be, instead she turned it into, "PETER? PETER? WHERE ARE YOU PEEEETER?"
I don't know how Jennifer Lawrence did that, she acts how the writers and directors want her to. Although I agree with your point, I don't agree that it was that actor that did it.

Squidziod

Kid Charlemagne
Mystic
Retired Owner
Squidziod
Squidziod
LegendMystic
Also the concept is stolen from "Battle Royale" which was a Japanese movie. The entire concept is literally ripped off. Seriously go watch the movie and you'll be as disgusted as I am.
This concept of making kids/adults/whatever fight in a gladiator type situation is as old and cliched as any concept. May I also point out that Battle Royale was made in the year 2000, where as Running Man, was made in 1987 and has a very similar concept. Battle Royale was (In my opinion) a badly made film that was for the most part uninteresting, with mediocre acting, and screenplay, the unoriginal plot hardly saved it. In my opinion, Suzanne Collins simply took an already established concept, and used it to tell her own story. She made new characters, a new setting, and told a story in a new way. Whether or not you enjoyed the way she told the story is up to anyone's private opinion, but it wasn't "ripped off" in any sense of the phrase. I mean, if you think this was a "rip off" then you should consider every spy film a "rip off" of the original Ian Fleming James Bond films. It's the same kind of thing. People use existing concepts to tell their stories, writers influence other writers.
If nobody used other people's ideas, we wouldn't have many films.
In light of this statement, which I completely agree with, I present a statement made by one of my favourite authors.

“Books aren't written - they're rewritten. Including your own. It is one of the hardest things to accept, especially after the seventh rewrite hasn't quite done it.” ― Michael Crichton

That being said, I don't advocate that Suzanne Collins really did anything ground breaking. The books where good, but not better than most, slipping at the final book. The film adaptations followed a similar patter, becoming less and less interesting with each installment. OK, but not great.

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Cinema: what if people were so horribly oppressed by an evil government, and almost everyone was poor?
North Korea: *exists*
Cinema: but what if the main characters... were white people?