Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Alteran Ranger's Guild

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover

Credit to Lady Alec for the art.

The Rangers' Guild
are a collection of highly skilled individuals who make their living from the wilds around them. The Guild is a family to those who need one, it is a haven to those who need safety, and it is a friend to the like-minded. Founded by an Immortal Queen and Nylas Swifteye, the Elven Rebel.

Contrary to popular belief, the Guild is not a club. It isn't a cult, or a sect that you sign up for and are immediately initiated into. In most cases, recruits are sought out by existing members for their appropriate abilities or lifestyle, and become a Ranger through training, both mentally and physically for an indefinite amount of time.​

Those that don the cloak
and join the family are the smart, the subtle, the swift of thought and bow, the fleet of foot and blade. When you have truly proven yourself a useful, nay, integral part of the Guild, you will graduate from a recruit, and adopt the Ranger title. Each member is a highly valued and respected Ranger; a brother or sister in arms.

The Ranger's Creed
Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high pride, fellowship, and common loyalty of the Guild.

Acknowledging the fact that a ranger is a more elite soldier, I accept the fact that as a ranger, my people expect me to move further, faster, and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong, and morally straight, and I will shoulder more than my share of the task, whatever it may be, one hundred percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained soldier. My courtesy to my superiors and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of the New Land. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission, though I may be the lone survivor.​

Our Purpose and Goal
The true goal of the Rangers has been long since lost over time and has been constantly misinterpreted to mean something different. However, now the Rangers have a clear cut goal; to ensure the security of the New Lands, no matter the costs.​

Politics
The Guild is not affiliated with any political house. Anyone willing to advance in the Rangers must cut all bounds to any other political house or organization. A Ranger's mind must be kept clear of bias and must be ever vigilant. This however does not mean that the Rangers are unwilling to cooperate with one party or another. In many cases, the Rangers are more than willing to work jointly with those who share similar goals.

Religion
Religion is not strictly necessary, but Theodra is the Guild's matron deity. She has influenced our luck directly in the past, and as such several Rangers are indebted to her.

Rangers are advised to offer homage to her, as she embodies all that the Rangers strive to accomplish.

Locations
The Rangers reside upon a secluded isle, the location of which is kept relatively secretive.

Legacy
The Rangers were formed initially by Nylas Swifteye, and an Immortal Queen, initially a rebellion against Leo Decroix's Slayers, and the threat of Queen Grief. Taking place in loyalty to the Crown after some time, under both the reign of Draco Lonmar, and successor Leminth Arduin. Several members were additionally part of the Order of the Blackened Skull, as well as the Guardians. In the previous Exodus, King's Ranger Dayter Arretez was among elected executive officers, put on the sidelines for injuries. During the elementals and corruption crisis, the Rangers were known as key players, with offences and deliberation to facilitate action. After such period, there was a split among the Rangers, that lead to the family taking on two separate but similar forms. The Rangers under Alustrum Godfrey, continued on in the hopes of defending the new continent against the creatures that called it home. After unfortunate events that lead to the transfer of leadership, due to forcible actions, the Rangers founded themselves a new home, in the hopes of reforging what it meant to be a Ranger, in the days of old.​

Rules
  • Be discreet. Rangers are quiet, calculating. If your character is a brash, loud-mouthed warrior, then the Guild isn’t for you.
  • While a fully-fledged Ranger might be incredibly quick and agile, that does not make him a ninja. Don’t be over-powered; even Rangers make mistakes.
  • Your character doesn't join this Guild and instantly become proficient at archery, or any of the other skills required to be a Ranger. If they already know some skills that’s fine, but they need to learn the other ones, then practice on their own. They'll will receive as many lessons as they need.
  • Activity is a big one so the more active you are the better! Granted life happens, but do not join the Rangers with a character that you are barely going to play on unless someone tells you to.

Last edited:

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover

-=Note=-

Anyone outside of the Guild suspected of using the roster will be reported for metagaming.

Sentinels

"Rangers tasked with both the training and recruiting of new members, as well as following the ways of Theodra, and preserving the legacy of past members and feats. The position is to be held by up to three at a time, with the Senior Rangers and current Sentinels deciding their successors."

Past Sentinels

"Those that came before, these are the ones who dedicated their time and lives to the leadership of the guild. While they are not present, for whatever reasons, their ideals and actions are what the current Sentinels look to, in order to properly lead the Rangers along the best path."
Senior Rangers

"They have no superiority to the Sentinels, but are looked to for counsel and advice by both the Sentinel and Ranger alike."​

Rangers

"What the recruited strive to be. The full rank of Ranger is reached upon graduation, given by the Sentinels. The rank may vary in meaning from member to member, but to reach one's own meaning recruits must train to find it themselves. They are the heart and soul of the Guild, and of the Family."
Apprentices

"The recruited, as they strive to reach graduation. They are tasked with training and learning the path of the Ranger, as well as be introduced to the duties of one. Like all ranks, training and practice is recommended to progress the skill of oneself."

Potentials

"Those seeking admittance into the guild. They may have begun the process of being evaluated by a recruiter, or have yet to be taken to the training grounds in Theloa. Are tasked with learning the purpose of the Rangers, as well as introducing themselves to the leaders."

Tentative

"Those that have strayed from the path of training, but are still held in proper regard. Would be welcomed back if they were to show interest. Acts whilst absent are kept in regard."

Banished

"The few that were once given place in the Rangers, but have done something which has earned true enmity of the guild. They are not held in high regard, and are not trusted to uphold and represent the values the Rangers represent. Peaceful neutrality is not to be expected."

Last edited:

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
This has sort of come full-circle at this point, in terms of a re-do. Any errors made on the thread that are pointed out would be appreciated, though preferably done off the thread, as to not clutter it. If you have criticisms regarding anything involving my posting of this thread, or the Rangers in general, contact me privately and we'll talk it out. I'll be taking the time to think out how exactly I'd like to go about allowing recruitment, although for the moment, assume it is a situation of getting a hold of the Rangers, to make requests.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
Miight have a char for this, if they come across any knowledge ICly for it.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Welp - it's not as if One of them is trying to hide. LOL

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
What amount of this all might be considered common knowledge to a commoner?

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Miight have a char for this, if they come across any knowledge ICly for it.
It's common knowledge that the Rangers exist, and that they frequently head to Storm's Landing. In the past they had a building there to recruit from, which still exists. That'll be my helpful OOC note. If you want an RP just contact me or something IG.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
It's common knowledge that the Rangers exist, and that they frequently head to Storm's Landing. In the past they had a building there to recruit from, which still exists. That'll be my helpful OOC note. If you want an RP just contact me or something IG.
Oop, that answers my question, thanks!

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
What amount of this all might be considered common knowledge to a commoner?
They exist, they are around Storm's Landing enough, and they generally will respond to posters seeking them out. They're around to help, after all- it'd be dumb if they didn't come around to do the helping.

*Edit* Whoops. No problem, friend.

Lily_

Lord of Altera
Mystic
LillithLil_
LillithLil_
LegendMystic
They exist, they are around Storm's Landing enough, and they generally will respond to posters seeking them out. They're around to help, after all- it'd be dumb if they didn't come around to do the helping.

*Edit* Whoops. No problem, friend.
Expect a poster soon then!

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Somewhat related, if anyone who played a past Ranger would do me the favor, I need to know the names of all the Rangers that have either died, or are presumed dead. Of course, only ones that are public knowledge, or can be easily discovered through any writings the Rangers would have. I'm intent on creating a memorial.

*Edit* Deash12 since you're old as hell, you'd be super helpful with this.

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
Edited the roster in order to place Syviil under tentative for OOC reasons