Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Blacksmith Natas! [Approved - Charybdis]

RedSpark

Villager

What is your Minecraft username?
RedSparkZombies

How old are you?

What country are you from?
America (East)

Have you read the King's Law, Code of Conducts, Official Lore, and the Player Guides yet?
Yes, This server is very impressive and the history is great.

In your own words, how would you define metagaming and powergaming?
Metagaming:

Metagaming is when a rp session is commencing and one character uses outside sources that they would have never known in character. For example, a player in the discord says where their location is and how great of a building spot it is, but it is completely isolated and is very difficult to find without information. The next second, however, a player magically appears and starts rp-ing with the owner of the land even though they had no idea where this land was until it was posted in the chat.

Powergaming:
Powergaming is the use of god like moves in an rp battle. Now I don't know if there are actually fourteen players (most likely staff) who can rp as the gods, but if a player who doesn't have that power starts to use it, it is considered powergaming. The way that power gaming is shown in rp is by this example: In the middle of a battle two players are clashing it out when one of them suddenly states, *(players name) instantly kills ( other players name) with a slash in the chest* this happens without rolling or any other actions.

Do we allow X-Raying mods or X-Ray texture packs on the server?
According to section B rule number 7, no.

Name one of our current Mentors.
Sir Niko (SirNicholas14)

Tell us about yourself!
I am a very big fan of fantasy and science fiction. I have played multiple games that include both of these topics. Some of my favorite games to play of Skyrim, Fallout, Borderlands 2, Any BO Game (Black Ops), and Wow (world of Warcraft). I also love to read books that deal with these genres. I'm also a big scientific advancement nut and I will always try and mess with computers and consoles to mod of upgrade them .

Do you have any examples of your work?
I don't have an examples of my irl work, but i love to use a mod called schematica for MC and then modify what i can use ( with permission) on PMC( planet minecraft) and adapt what i build to blend in with the setting and atmosphere of what i'm doing.

Did anyone refer you? If not, how did you find our server?
No one has referred me to this server. I was just looking for a fantasy server that would be cool with me and maybe joining the staff team after getting used to the server and getting to know the players and what might need to be fixed.

Hey Its Me!
1542687182700.png

Character Name:
Natas

Character Age:

Character Race:
Human

Appearance:
Height: 6 ft
Weight: 185
Clothing: I wear a Brown Leather coat, a white under shirt, a red bandanna, dark blue/ black pants, brown work boots.
Hair & Face: I have Brown and black hair. I have a birth defect in one eye which has disabled me from seeing through it. My other eye is a navy blue.
Skin: I am a little dark skinned. My skin is very rough and scared. I have some burn marks on my arm from my line of work.

Personality: Natas is a very friendly guy to who every one.. He'll treat you like hes known you for years and that you are one of his closest friends. He is also a knowledge nut. If he can get his hands on a historical or scientific book that he hasn't already read, Natas will be on it faster than a nuclear explosion. Natas is also not a fighter, his main carrier is blacksmithing and he would rather build the weapons for war than be in it him self.

History!

The current year is PC 2304, A Couple of hours before “The Holy War”.
Setting: A Friendly looking old style bar, with pictures of unfamiliar but friendly looking families of dwarfs hanging on the walls. The air is cool and calm, but the wind is picking up and something feels of in the tavern. A man walks in covered in borax, flux, and iron filings. The man looks into the tavern and sees that there are only a few people there. He takes a seat at the bar and starts to talk with the Bar Keep.

“Hey, can i get the usual?” Natas says in a kind and friendly matter.

“Are you gonna pay this time?” the Keep questions, as though he knows what the response is.

“Just put it on my tab like always,” Natas says as the keep slides him over a tall drink with foam dripping from the top as if it was a volcano getting ready to erupt.

“So how has work been lately? Have you gotten any new request for weapons or armor?” The keep asks while cleaning glasses and dishes from past guests.

“It's been a little hectic recently. Seems like the Jackasses running this place forgot their weapons at home or something. This is the first time I've had a break all day.”

“I can say the opposite from you my friend, everyone has been busy lately and the old tavern hasn't been visited you smiths in a long time.”

“Sorry about that bud, there just no time anymore with the Temple being attacked in 93 and with the random ass demons showing up everywhere there just hasn’t been enough time to visit.”

“Its ok, its just the world seems to be going to shit with all this god trouble going on and with the demons and Makani walking around after the island fell down. It's been how long since that happened and it's still an issue for business.”

“Today seems off though, the wind in here is pretty airy.”
Then loud shouting came from a small boy outside the tavern screaming,

“Holy War! Holy War! The son of Visage was revealed to destroy the gods! Alterans and Aldred are fighting and the gods are nowhere to be found!”

Both of the men are shocked at the news and then a group of men lead by one in a military looking outfit came into the room stating.

“As you have just heard. A holy war has commenced. Due to these unforeseen incidents, we will now be closing all shops and businesses to help support the Alterans in their battle against Aldred. We will now confiscate any addition items that may lead in the success to help the Alterans. If you do not give us what we want, you be forced out of this town and be banished from entering ever again. Thank you for your time, we will now proceed with our mission.”

Once the man finished his speech four men came in and started trashing the tavern in search for any “Useful Items”

Natas is furious at this statement and starts to shout back at the men.

“Hey Dipshit! You can’t just come in here and trash my friends home like this! What are you even looking for in here, it's a tavern for pete's sake! This is bullshit that you have to have your men come in here and devastate my friends home!”

When The “Officer” heard this he immediately shouted,

“Arrest this man, for he is refusing to comply with our orders, and is threatening us, and using bad manners.”

The men then forced Natas out of the Tavern and threw him out of town. He looked at his friend and with his eyes told him “Don't let them do this, don't follow their bullshit orders.”
He then looked at the officer and then spit on his shoes. Natas then saw that one of the officers men had a sword to his friends neck. The officer then stated

“If you do not wish to leave, then we will take his head off for you place of banishment.”

Natas was furious at this claim, but understood what he had to do. He asked the officer,

“Officer, is there a way that i can grab my belongings so that i might survive out there in the wilderness?”

The officer agreed to this but on a condition. Natas had to give up all of his earrings that he had in his possession at the time. Natas agreed to this deal. He packed his most necessary items, a few books that he liked to read at the tavern, Some food and water, and a sword for protection. He then walked out of his town and went off to find a new place to live. He is now on his way to find a home. He stopped by towns and villages to make some money and gain food,but for most of his journey he lived off the land. When he was in his old town he read a lot of books and was well acquainted with the basics of geography, science, and health but didn't have a great handle on them just yet. He is now trying to reach a new place, a new area for adventure. And all he wants to achieve, is to live an adventurous life in the land of Altera.

Last edited:

Charybdis

Screaming Cat
Pronouns
They/Them
Hello, you application is on the correct track. However, there is one thing I'd like you to adjust before continuing:
  • Powergaming Definition: Your definition, while correct, is incomplete. Try to think of other ways powergaming may be seen in RP, and take another look at our {King's Law}.
As well to note, we ask that your character be no more skilled than about 'amateur' when coming into our server. This would include blacksmithing, and the various specialities you have mentioned, such as 'health' and 'geography'. We strongly encourage skills to be obtained through roleplay on the server, especially through tutors and mentors.

Please reply to this thread when you'd like me to have another look. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact myself or another mentor.

RedSpark

Villager
Thank you for reviewing my application :D I have added more detail to the powergaming issue and have added the statement of my character knowing the basics of geography, science, and health. I hope that i have met your require ments and that i can join your server in no time.

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Congratulations!

I'm pleased to announce your application has been approved. I hope you enjoy your stay in Altera. Before logging on make sure you read the Survival Guide. It will help you on your way to get established in our World. If you need to know any additional information, everything can be found in our King's Law. Make sure you consult either of these two before asking a question ingame.

If you're stuck unable to interact with anything or chat, try using /warp whitelist, if this doesn't work then please message a staff member with the problem.

+Please note we are in the midst of a server-wide campaign, and the world has been affected!+

The Forlorn campaign is currently ongoing, involving a widespread plague. As such, almost everyone is currently on the isle of Linlea, as volunteers, refugees, etc. I'd strongly recommend you take a brief look at the current campaign summary [here] so you aren't confused about the basics of it. If you wish to participate in this campaign, make sure to let staff know with this thread [here]. If you have any questions feel free to ask myself or another mentor, as it's a bit of a big thing to catch up on. More information may be found on the campaign right [here] in the general campaign section.

+You are probably eager to jump into the game, so there is no need to read all the links. Just use these as a reference for later.+

Discord & Server IP
Survival Guide - Read this to help when you login!
The King's Law
How to Create a Character
Roleplay
The Official Lore & The Lore Book
Town Census
Plugins Command Guide
In-Game Character Cards
Donate to the Server!

Lastly, please make sure you understand the following points:

+ Do not powergame, metagame or use x-ray texturepacks on the server! Our moderation team makes sure to deal with severe reports.
+ Anyone found to be griefing our server and subsequently blaming their sibling, friend, dog or any other person other than themselves will be banned irrespective of their innocence.

+If you'd like to provide any feedback, concerns, suggestions, or otherwise on our application process, please feel free to contact me here on the forums.+