Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Chrysanthemum Dance RECITAL {Astrakhan, Peaceful} 4/7/2019 3 PM CST

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Theme
Posters like these are spread up in Queensport, Astrakhan, Storm's Landing, Halbed, and Mockingbay.

The Month of the Chrysanthemum-Warriors Has Come!
Do you like masquerade dances? Mischief? Battles? Then come down to Astrakhan to help us re-enact the myth of Acessamenus, Albatia and their Chrysánthema-Polemistés! Battle on the dance-floor as Asrakos's first hoplites and drink in the names of these ancient heroes!
This event is hosted by yours truly and all the lovely village people in Astrakhan! I want to help spread the myth of our forefathers far and wide, and what better way to do so than in a festival? We have laid out a schedule for all attendees to follow, but first, we need some people willing to learn the dance-moves to the Chrysanthemum Dance and to wear the traditional costumes! All volunteers will be paid 500 radiants each and will get the opportunity to come to the festival disguised as and in the role of the hoplites! If you're interested, please send a letter to Daniel or Innis addressed towards Sanardu or Queensport! The first meeting will be a few weeks before the main event! We will also need people to help plant red flowers all over Astrakhan, as well as to assist in preparations!
We need people to play the following:
1. Centurion Acessamenus: He must be six feet tall and have dark, long hair. Must be willing to commit small acts of mischief on the other side's audience. Must be able to portray a charismatic and fair leader.
2. Optio Placus: He must be a dwarf or halfling. Must be willing to portray a wise but hot-headed fellow. Wields a sharpened spade. Love interest of Strategissima Lucia.
3. 4 Hoplites: Two men and two women. Equipment will be provided, but it is up to the volunteer to make up his or her character's name and personality! Must be willing to entertain the guests and stay in their role! Two will be assigned to play as being hoplites for the antagonist's army. If there are more volunteers than expected, this number may increase.
4. Polemarch Albatia- She must be played by a woman who is strong and tall. She is the leader of the other team, and must be willing to commit acts of mischief on the other side's audience. Like Acessamenus, whoever plays her must be willing to portray a charismatic and fair leader.
5. Strategissima Lucia- Must be played by a female dwarf or halfling. Like Placus, this person must be willing to portray a wise but hot-headed fellow. She also wields a sharpened spade. Love interest of Optio Placus.
For those not volunteering but interested in coming to the event, we ask that you come in an outfit of red, orange or yellow if you're on the side of Acessamenus or blue, white and silver if you are on the side of Albatia! These acts of mischief (which will begin in the dance "battle"- which ends in a stalemate) must be stopped by the other side's team. They will become increasingly irritating to either side of the audience until both audience's until they manage to try and trick the other side's warriors into drinking tea made from blessed Chrysanthemums of Ignis. Actors who manage to get dosed by them must bedeck themselves in Chrysanthemum flowers and drop out of the contest! The last side standing wins!
(Hint: The two dwarven/halfling characters may be a way to force the two sides into an alternative ending of the story- an armistice)
I will be awaiting volunteers!
~ Daniel C. Herennius
OOC: So this is essentially a renfaire. I’m looking for actors, musicians, and people to work the market stalls. Send a letter to Dan either through Discord or a PM on the forums. Or just catch him while he’s working- he’s hard to miss.

Last edited:

The Cinnaroll

The Cinnamon Roll
Very Sweet
Legend
Retired Staff
Pronouns
She/Her, They/Them
Asirel_Luik
Asirel_Luik
Sweetheart
Please keep in mind a previous event has been planned on the same day, at the same time, for the campaign.

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
If Theo orders it Tempius Maximus will become an actor for a day.

Assuming I can make it of course. Uni is really busy rn

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Bump! Still looking for actors! And servers, musicians and possible stall-workers!

Jase

"Something need doing?"
Legend
The 7th is not going to work for me </3
My uni workloads leave me very busy rn :/

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
So, uh, I might just postpone this if there are no volunteers- I recognize that it's a rather complicated undertaking. If that's the case, I'll be moving onto the Thorne-Horde eventline :p

Blorbis83

Lord of Altera
Legend
Pronouns
He/Him
Blorbis83
Blorbis83
Legend
Well since my computer is broken and there haven’t been any volunteers, I’ll just hold off and try again another time.