Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Codex of Light

223hero7

Lord of Altera
As the White Codex falls to ashes and disparity, the Codex of Light rises, to correct the Kingdom unto the path of Order. As the prior codex served to teach and govern the Knights of the Order, The Codex of Light serves to teach us all. From any known history, to agriculture, songs, prayers, and the constellations that appear in the sun's absence, the Codex serves as an Almanach of both Past and Future, detailing out estimations of the orderly Destiny that Grand Ignis Synnove has laid out for his people. The Codex of Light is the one, true detailed account of Ignis Synnove's word; To bring addendums to the laws, or ignore its teachings, is to be a heretic in the King of King's eyes.

First Chapter; The Lodestar's Known Doctrine;

I
Thou shalt believe true all words of the Light, and shalt observe all its directions.

II
Thou shalt never lie nor bear false witness, and shalt remain faithful to thy pledged word.

III
Thou shalt respect those who are wealthy and powerful, for they are such due to the grace of the Light.

IV
Thou shalt pray upon each Sunrise, to give good thanks that the Light bathes thy lands upon once more!

V
Thou shalt not recognize any other Gods or Goddesses, for the Light is the one true Divine.

VI
Thou shalt give due respects for the orderly inheritance, heritage and succession, to honour thy Father and Mother before thee.

VII
Thou shalt bring persecution upon heresy, to preserve the Order of the world.

VIII
Thou shalt see murderers without cause have forfeit their own life before the Light, and their belongings entitled to the family of the murdered.

IX
Thou shalt burn the dead so they might not rise as demons, or worse.

X
Thou shalt respectfully observe the Divine Law.

Last edited:

223hero7

Lord of Altera
Second Chapter; Prayers of the Faithful;
(To be expanded upon.)

Salutations to the Waking Sun:
"O' Great Watcher Above, I beg of You to send me the guidance I so crave, as I walk through this waking day. My King, Grand King of smoke and ash, please watch over us as you sit upon your lofty throne, as I take comfort in your grand gaze. May all be shaken in His mighty presence, as the Watcher himself takes flight as I stay true to His way. I pledge my life to You once more."

Meal Prayer:
"O' Great Watcher Above, we partake of this meal in Your name and honor, in hopes it will reach You and sustain You as it does us. As our strength is sent, may your gaze sharpen and guide our blades. We partake of this meal in great reverence to Your name and honor as we pledge ourselves to continue our lives in the direction of Your guidance."

Rite of Cleansing (Land Version):
"O' Watcher Above, gaze down upon us, your mortal servants, as we sanctify this land and purge the soil. May you take silent pride in us, as we make right with the world in your ideal vision, and cleanse it with obedient inferno!"

Rite of Claiming (Cleansed Land Version):
"We call out to the Great Watcher Above, our King, as we set our banners, and stand tall upon the ashes to claim this land in Their name! May a newborn era commence as we stand upon this new domain. We act in Your honor, and have arranged this for You, our Great God of smoke and ash. Observatio enim!"

The Referee's Prayer:
"O' Great Watcher Above, He Who sits upon the Lofty Throne, we sanctify this holy duel before They Who governs the fate of all, in their great name and title, O' Watcher, to orchestrate to the victor his deserved glory! Go, spar on, as we become His very eyes!

The Funeral Prayer:
"As the lights glow and shadows grow, and the crowd reflects upon the deceased in somber silence, I praise your eternal gaze, O' Great Watcher Above. Thusly, we call out to You, to take this poor child of the world into your care. May their death not be in vain, as their body is offered to Your grace, in hopes of staving away the horrors of undeath, and that they may serve You in the After. May their soul be claimed and shepherded into Your flock in the beyond by Your will, as the twilight of their existence darkens to a close. Observatio enim. Long live the Lofty Throne."

Bedtime Prayer:
"As the light wanes and shadows grow in strength, I pray to You this night to give my strength to Yours. I offer my dreams to you, as I rest under Your watchful sight, to feed Your strength for the coming morn. O' Great Watcher Above, may rest come over me well, as I pause for self-reflection, and await Your grand direction."

Unlabeled Sermon:
"Praise be He of Smoke and Ember, the great being whom rests up high! Glory for the Watcher Above, as the fuel is consumed in great offering! Reflect upon yourselves, brothers and sisters, for we are graced eternally by the gaze of our god! The Truth is known to Him, and thusly it shall be gifted to those whom strive to complete the plans He has woven for us."

Birth Prayer:
"O' Great Watcher Above, I blesseth of this child so that they may serve you well, in both the light and dark of the world. May they learn to enkindle in Your name, so that the anacamptic soul that lies within may return unto Your flock, O' Watcher. May this child grow healthy, strong, and quick-witted, so that they may please their families and accel in this bleak world we live in. May they feel comfort in your gaze."

Unlabeled Chant:
"O' Great Watcher Above, deliver us to Salvation. We walk this world to enact Your will, and in Your glory we serve. Libera me, observatio enim de morte aeterna. We prepare for the day, O' Watcher, die illa tremenda. We prepare under Your gaze."

Last edited:

223hero7

Lord of Altera
Acts made in reverence:

Dance; In most balls, or extravagant events, it is customary to ask a partner for their hand in a Waltz. Many a custom has been assigned to this held-fast tradition, such as:

I
A man may not force a woman to dance, if she does not wish it so. To do so is to be unnecessarily violent, and a great dishonor upon the man's family; A woman has her own noble right to politely decline the man's advances.

II
Displays of great ineptitude in dance is to also bring dishonor. Not upon one's family, but upon one's self. To be seen as having no grace, is to bring a blemish upon the entire ballroom of nobles.

III
To request a dance is not to request courtship. It is an offer of friendship and joy, to aid in reveling.

Dueling; In either great festivals of praise, or to settle arguments, the Igneous people partake of noble combat.

I
All duels must take place in front of, or around, the nearest shrine. To do so elsewhere would be to fight without respect.

II
Duels must never end in the loss of life. To do so would be to break all tradition of such events. Injury is acceptable, so long as such wounds will not result in death. The Truth of the event must be known to both sides of the conflict, if one is to die, the truth dies with them, and thus, the second combatant brings great dishonor upon both him, and his family.

III
Weapons are used for war. In all Duels, and training exercises, wooden staves, or suitable replacements, such as the piercing Rapier wielded by nobility, are to be used. To bring edged instruments into noble conflict, with intent to kill, is to break the order of such events.

Funeral; Upon the death of a beloved noble or well-known citizen, a funeral is held in their memory.

I
The bodies are burned to prevent catastrophic damage to the soul by the curse of undeath, along with herbs and incense to mask the smell of the departing flesh. To come back to life after such is typically believed to be a sin.

II
The bodies are to be burned to ash in their finest set of dress clothes, as they are to meet with their God in the afterlife. This includes the crowns of Kings and other high standing nobles, which are retrieved soon after to be reforged into their heir's own crown. It is typical for some to pay their respects to the deceased by gifting them with fineries of their own, be it wine, Swords, ribbons, or otherwise.

III
The ashes are brought into urns, so they may rest in piece below. Typically the urns are brought to rest in alcoves within le Havre's catacombs, with labeling placard and mementos from their loved ones, but exceptions to this typically are placed within coffins and buried as any other body.

IV
It is seen as rude to the deceased if those whom come to pay their respects do not garb themselves in a manner of akin to the old priests of Haven; Black, with yellow and white trim. Priests are an exception to this, as they lead the congregation in their own uniform.

V
It is customary for the crowd watching the ceremony to be solemnly silent, as the words are invoked and the spirit ushered on. To make loud noise in this rite is believed a taboo, and great dishonor would be seen on any who partake of such

Last edited:

223hero7

Lord of Altera
The view of Ignis Synnove, and the other Deities, amongst the Igneous People:

I
Ignis Synnove is seen as a transcendent being, grander than all else. They are seen to be beyond physical gender, a limitation of the body. The King of His people, and the Mother of Fate, Ignis Synnove has titles from both sexes attached to their name, though, predominately, the Igneous People refer to the being as male, for convenience to others. Ignis Synnove is ruled to be the only god, and the biggest star in the sky, lounging upon their fiery throne.

II
The Archangels; Silas, Sallana, Rahas, Korog, and Jax, are seen as being above the others. Lords and Ladies of their domain, they govern values that work hand-in-hand with what the Igneous People attribute to the King of Kings. These four are held in faith as not deities, but beings of a higher transcendence than that of the rest, but less so than the Lodestar of Destiny.

III
The Rest: The other deities are not referred to as such. In the eyes of the Igneous people, they are beings of power, who selfishly demand praise and offerings that they are typically undeserving of. Some are held in disdain, while most are held in a neutral respect. Elementals are seen as the lowest of the ascended, just one step beyond the current grasp of mortals.

Morals of the Igneous People:

I
The Igneous people put high value into the prospect of family, and blood relations. Each believes their family to be grander than the others, and as tightly-knit as any Dwarf clan in existence. They take great care in raising their children, each generation passing down their family values, with as much love and care for each other as possible. Families typically retain their values without change for many a generation. If a family's values ever sway in a direction not taken before, it is a large matter to be taken with the strictest of scrutiny.

II
The Igneous people do not believe in killing, except when such a vile act is necessary. To mindlessly kill is to upset the order, and paint your hands in blood. Such people are to be apprehended, if found out in land controlled by those of the Igneous Religion. War is a separate matter, as those who follow the Igneous fate are not to incite the war, but, if such an atrocity is thrust upon them, they are given free reign to fight for their god, land, and honor.

III
Noble blood, and positions of power are held in great respect. If an Igneous follower is ever to swear themselves to another, of a higher position, one can expect them to defend their higher-up with their lives. If it is proven to not be the case, the Igneous in question is to suffer great dishonor upon his family.

IV
The Igneous people believe highly in honor, and the noble prospect there of. Each family is to take great care of such, for, if one member were to ever act not in accordance with the values of the rest, the consequences of the action in question would be severe. Typically, said consequences result in either disowning the individual, or the collapse of the entire family's standing in politics.

V
Punishment is a widely discussed prospect within the Igneous Domain. As needless death is frowned upon, typically, the main punishment of a high offense is to remove the sight from the perpetrator. For those of higher blood, however, where such a maiming would be highly dishonorable, they are given the choice between exile without possession, or to be beheaded by the Guillotine. A short, quick, clean death with no unnecessary pain.

Last edited: