Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Disturbance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
It might be helpful to be optimistic for once instead of trashing on the staff's work before it has even been revealed. Especially since you always call for reform, and this is an effort that they have made to change to better suit what the populous wants.
Yeah but like tell me /something/ about why I should be interested instead of following the same pattern.

I'm just being honest. I saw this and my reaction was:

"Oh, yeah, some weird shit that probably doesn't have a well-grounded basis, w/e, business as usual."

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
Yeah but like tell me /something/ about why I should be interested instead of following the same pattern.

I'm just being honest. I saw this and my reaction was:

"Oh, yeah, some weird shit that probably doesn't have a well-grounded basis, w/e, business as usual."

Like I said before; you've been a main player in calling for reforms on the server, but you immediately revert to 'this will be shit' whenever the staff team tries to do something to improve. It's discouraging, I'm sure, to them, and to other players.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Like I said before; you've been a main player in calling for reforms on the server, but you immediately revert to 'this will be shit' whenever the staff team tries to do something to improve. It's discouraging, I'm sure, to them, and to other players.
And? If people want folks that feel this way to change their mind they have to do so in their actions, versus someone saying "It'll be better this time, stop thinking negatively."

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
And? If people want folks that feel this way to change their mind they have to do so in their actions, versus someone saying "It'll be better this time, stop thinking negatively."
Based on that logic that also means there is no reason to automatically assume that it will be negative if the final judgment should be cast on the actions and not the words.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
The same could go for negativity; you could wait and see what the staff team has to offer (in their actions) with this new course of events instead of giving it one glance and saying 'meh, not well-grounded.' I'll admit that I'm a negative person too, but having the mindset of 'everything is going to suck no matter what they do' isn't exactly great for the server's community.

edit: niko dude sniped me wow man.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
Based on that logic that also means there is no reason to automatically assume that it will be negative if the final judgment should be cast on the actions and not the words.
Um? The reason I feel negative about this is because it feels the same as the last ones, that I also disliked.

Naelwyn

Non sum qualis eram
The same could go for negativity; you could wait and see what the staff team has to offer (in their actions) with this new course of events instead of giving it one glance and saying 'meh, not well-grounded.' I'll admit that I'm a negative person too, but having the mindset of 'everything is going to suck no matter what they do' isn't exactly great for the server's community.

edit: niko dude sniped me wow man.
K, been there, done that. I want to know more about a vague thing, not be told I should think better of the vague thing. I'm simply saying "This doesn't interest me." because it's entirely true and valid feedback to give to staff.

You can say whatever the heck you want but I'm still not interested in a thing and I'd rather folks speak for themselves.

Niko

Lord of Altera
Good
Legend
SirNicholas14
SirNicholas14
Good
Um? The reason I feel negative about this is because it feels the same as the last ones, that I also disliked.
The fact of the matter is none of us can say for certain what this campaign will turn out to be and believe me, I was not a big fan of the Aeon Campaign, however that does not mean I will henceforth think negatively of every attempt afterward. That judgement should be reserved when we see it.

Smurf

Lord of Altera
Mystic
Hiraetha
Hiraetha
Mystic
'feels the same'

you've seen one post consisting of roughly 50 words.

K, been there, done that. I want to know more about a vague thing, not be told I should think better of the vague thing. I'm simply saying "This doesn't interest me." because it's entirely true and valid feedback to give to staff.

You can say whatever the heck you want but I'm still not interested in a thing and I'd rather folks speak for themselves.
Your first post did not hint that you wanted to know more about the event. Valid feedback includes constructive criticism, not a statement of 'i'm not interested.' You could have proposed questions for the staff about the event in private or in this thread.

And speaking for yourself doesn't mean dismissing an idea after skimming over a single post and then not offering tips for Staff to improve. I mean, man- fifty words cannot determine what an entire campaign will turn out to be. you could end up really liking it if you opened up your mind to it.

Auriel

Lord of Altera
Lover
Auriel_
Auriel_
Lover
Alright.

I want to see this unfold, it'd be the second installment of a really cool eventline for this new world, and I think with staff's past stuff workings with this- it'll be fine and even really cool.

personally don't have enough care to listen to bickering regarding staff's capability to make a great event line because we know they've done it before they'll surely do it again

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Oh jeepers, always an engaging discussion to be had I suppose.

-K9

Rygan

Deathblade
Evil
Rygan_Deathblade
Rygan_Deathblade
Evil
i'm also not a fan of re-using the 'ooo something spooky gonna happen' teaser a third time in a row but i'll wait until the first event to talk about it

the past two have been disappointments but third time's the charm

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I hate to disturb the discussion about reusing old schemes but can someone pls answer my question whether we can actually find something by exploring the map or have to discover it through RP textes?

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
I hate to disturb the discussion about reusing old schemes but can someone pls answer my question whether we can actually find something by exploring the map or have to discover it through RP textes?
I'm assuming after the wave of nausea and dread swept over the whole world, something physical became discoverable. And Lannis said more guidance would be given to to locate it. I could be wrong though, but that's just what I gathered from the original post.

Last edited:

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner

Azur

Lord of Altera
Lover
Legend
A_Z_U_R
A_Z_U_R
Lover
I mean, man- fifty words cannot determine what an entire campaign will turn out to be. you could end up really liking it if you opened up your mind to it.
My constructive criticism is that I wish the post wouldn't be a redo if that whole Unease event we had way-back-when, and instead was something perhaps still vague, but not just, as Rygan put it: "ooo something spooky gonna happen". I'd at least like a little difference between the spooky events, and would like some minor OOC explanation besides just:

"There's something to find out there in the world. More clues will be given as the date approaches, if necessary. If you find something, contact event staff."

Lannis

You've yeed your last haw
Staff member
Admin
Events Staff
In-Game Tech Staff
Lore Staff
Server Outreach
Server Owner
Shadow Owner
+More rumors fill the taverns and inns, telling of a tear in the sky at the edge of the firelands that sinks lower each day.

Event in T-minus 23 hours. It will be violent, and serious character consequences are probable for those who invite them.

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
So how will our dimension traveling alien overlords take control?

Status
Not open for further replies.