Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished The Dungeon Trails Pt. 2!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
“This time, it’s for real…”

*After doing the first dungeon trail, the adventure hasn't left your thoughts. Last night, you dreamed a very peculiar dream in which an old man with a grey beard spoke to you:*

"The first? That was only to see if there is anyone out there that would be worthy at all. Now that I have seen that so many of you have tried and so many have succeeded in finding our first dungeon, I see that it is time to reveal our next one. This ‘quest’, so to say… this ‘mission’ will require you to reach places, most difficult to reach. It will require you to swim deeper than anyone has ever swam and to solve riddles and puzzles that are mind-blowing. It will require you to go through tunnels far and narrow… Finishing such a trail can only be done by those with an inhuman amount of determination, skill and persistence. Those that do not go insane with despair when it seems the road ahead is too hard to take. But then again… Those who are able to do it, will be allowed to gaze upon the wonders of Altera, to see magnificent domes, hewn from the rock. To stand below, on the lowest point of Altera and to end up, bathing in the riches of knowledge and shiny artifacts... I shall say no more, These are… THE DUNGEON TRAILS!"

*You awake sitting straight in your bed, thinking: I have to go and look for that clue!*

First clue will come due time, make sure you click “watch thread” and you will get the notification as soon as the event starts!
P.S. I am making the trails much harder this time, to ensure that everyone gets an equal chance. You will not be able to solve the entire trail within one go. I will try to make it that hard.

OOC:
What is the story behind all of it?
To read up about the story (which I recommend since this is mostly a roleplay based event) The first dungeon trails: http://hollowworld.co.uk/threads/the-dungeon-trails.26213/

How does it work?
Basically, you have to find clues. The first clue will be given in this thread.
This first clue will lead you to a location In Game on the server. At this location a sign will be hidden, just like all other signs, they are never in an obvious place. The places where the signs can be found are marked by a red piece of wool surrounded by grey pieces of wool in a huge +.

All signs that are part of the Dungeon Trails are marked with D-T. on the first line. On this sign you will find a clue, leading to another place where a sign is hidden. Unravel the riddle on the sign and you will find the next sign. This goes on until the final sign leads to a dungeon, full of traps, loot, and this time: Lore stuff! Lore will be revealed within this dungeon!

An example:
The signs says: " D-T. The Silver harbor has an evil ship..."
How to unravel this mystery: a 'silver harbor' which figuratively is a clue to... Port Silver. (get it?)
In port silver... an evil ship? That must be... the nether boat! (got that one too?) So the next clue is somewhere on the nether boat?! Yes! there you go! :D Easy :)THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, Don't waste your time looking on that boat lol

A few things to remember:
First of all:

It's a RolePlay thing. It's most fun to do it in a group!

Second:
It's less fun to ask in ooc if anyone found it and to tell others where you found the sign. It's also not smart, because you want to make more progress than the other participants of course!

Third:
I insist on not using fly for this, because it will ruin the fun for others, it will also ruin the fun for you and it is illegal [<-- fun fact: results in a temp ban in this particular situation.]

Fourth:
You cannot tell at which sign you are "I'm at the sign in Port Silver" Because that gives away where the clue is.
You can tell at which sign you are "I'm already at the 5th sign!" Because that tells us how far your progress is and you can boast around like a boss.

When people are all stuck on the same sign, I might give an additional clue,
when people haven't found anything in too many days / weeks, I will give an additional clue
I will never tell you exactly where you can find a sign.

Hey people of HollowWorld? Have FUN!

People that joined last time that might find this interesting again:
@Mokwar @Seth_Jenkins @BarbarianGaming @Lemarc @Mitch @Michcat @ptiber @Megadonkey30 @gamemonster55 @Lonespacemarine @Baron

Lemarc

Lord of Altera
Oh, I'm so happy about this! :D

Now, let's see if I can "win" this one as well! :cool:

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I joined last time? ._.
Oh now I think I understand. I remember seeing you with some other folks on the dynamap very close to one of the clues, practically circling around it. But I guess you were roleplaying there with them instead of looking for clues xD

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Oh now I think I understand. I remember seeing you with some other folks on the dynamap very close to one of the clues, practically circling around it. But I guess you were roleplaying there with them instead of looking for clues xD
It was around my home... I remember lots of people walking around there XD

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Woop woop~!

Hope you clean up our pretty Altera from those giant woolen marks... I almost removed one the other day... perchance there could be an expiry date for them? <_< >_>

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Woop woop~!

Hope you clean up our pretty Altera from those giant woolen marks... I almost removed one the other day... perchance there could be an expiry date for them? <_< >_>
hmm we have to think about that. I can remove them indeed, but it is also a thing for players to be able to track down the dungeon and have some rp. So the question is: Do we want to remove them.
If we put an expiry date, It would make sense in rp to rewrite the first sign. Since a player found the dungeon, he might put a sign at the first sign where the dungeon is. This is a direct clue to the dungeon, so then I can remove all the other clues. :p
It depends: Do we want to remove the trails or don't we.

I'm still waiting for @SallyRose to make that video of her doing the trails :p

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
. So the question is: Do we want to remove them.
It depends: Do we want to remove the trails or don't we.
Yes, we want to remove the marks. We want to remove ALL of the marks, and as soon as possible.

It might be best to make wee stone posts instead. Put a chiseled stone block atop some brick or something, but please.. No giant woolen patches.

Edit: If I run across any giant spots of wool, there is a really large chance I'm going to go ahead and remove them. Immersion breaking stuff is not cool >_>

More then happy to help you find and place an alternative.

Last edited:

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Yes, we want to remove the marks. We want to remove ALL of the marks, and as soon as possible.

It might be best to make wee stone posts instead. Put a chiseled stone block atop some brick or something, but please.. No giant woolen patches.

Edit: If I run across any giant spots of wool, there is a really large chance I'm going to go ahead and remove them. Immersion breaking stuff is not cool >_>

More then happy to help you find and place an alternative.
what the nether is this? Let's take this to a convo.

SallyPirate

Lord of Altera
Add me to the conversation please? I do agree with michcat that big wool markers are immersion killing and would definitely prefer something reasonable. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the dungeon trails, I think it's amazing however as I said, I don't think giant patches of wool are immersive, perhaps redstone or red clay blocks?