Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished The Dungeon Trails...

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Long ago, there was a host of men.
They were a young and brave group of men with daring souls.
This group had numerous members, yet nobody knew of their existence.
They had a mark, very unnoticeable, but all carried it: A red dot surrounded by grey stripes.

In secret, disguised as peasants, bartenders or even as high as master of coins, they were among the people.

They called themselves Keepers of the Secret Stones. For they were exactly that...

They started as a small group that found a stone that appeared to have some special power. They did never use it and kept it a secret. They never believed such things existed, but now that they've seen it with their own eyes, they did. They thought there must be more of these, so from that day, they kept on looking for similar items, that possess hidden powers or that are of a high value. In the end, they had numerous missions that were done all over Altera, all at the same time. All of them were looking for artifacts. It is no wonder why they were with so many keepers of the secret stones, because they had so many jobs to do, so many artifacts to find.

Whenever an apprentice of this group would have found an artifact, he would be able to call himself Keeper of a Secret Stone. It wasn't necessarily a stone, it could be anything. After decades of hiding in secret, some of the founders of this organisation died and left their artifacts to the newcomers, who had to keep them in secret. This went on and on, until there were no newcomers anymore. Most artifacts had been found and most of the riches stored away, but with more people dying every season of frost, more artifacts had to be stored with less people to store them.

This went on until now. Nobody knew of this, until now, now that we have found something...

There were but a few Keepers left. The ones that were left, were old and grey. They all had an amazing beard, reaching till their toes and they all wore grey robes. They were the keepers, but soon, they would die too and there would be nobody to keep their artifacts safe. The artifacts would be left to shameless thieves that would sell them for a few silver coins!

To prevent this from happening, the old men came together in a meeting...
"By Korog! We're with less than ae 'ad thought, me lads." The Eldest of Keepers, a Dwarf, said.
"Aye matey, the situation is as scurfy as the dog of Cap'ain Cutlass!" Said another Keeper, a grey old pirate. "If we are to keep our riches out of the hands of the unworthy, we must devise a plan so cunning, it will only allow those with wits to lay their hands upon our life-work and perhaps... they will use them wisely..." An old grey man said, his wrinkles more numerous than the hairs on his head. "Aye, Ae agree with ye. Let us ponder and smoke our pipes, for it may loosen 'ta stress 'tat 'as troubled our minds..."

And so they sat there, thinking, waiting, smoking, thinking... just talking? No... thinking.
They devised a cunning plan. The old dwarf keeper knew of an ancient dungeon, guarded by traps and beasts, impenetrable by any mere layman, only the most skillful would be able to get through. The last of the keepers all agreed, yet they all weren't satisfied. "If this is so, a stupid assassin would be able to lay his hands on it... We need someone smart enough to know what he will do with the riches found within..." The old wrinkled one said.

And so they sat there, thinking, waiting, smoking, thinking... writing? No... thinking.
They devised another plan, more cunning than the first. The old witty pirate spoke of his many travels, and that he found there caves that had no names. Hidden passages in harbors. The wrinkled man said he had walked from the highest points of mountains to the deepest caverns and there too, he found secret rooms. They came to a conclusion. "We will set out a mighty trail, leading all over Altera, from the peaks of frost till the baths of heat. There signs will lead to new signs and new signs will lead to other signs, until they finally lead to the impenetrable dungeon. This will select the chosen one from all others, to find our treasures..."

And thus they did so and left only a picture of the wrinkled one, as a first clue...
hollowworlddt.jpg
OOC - time!
First of all: It's an rp thing. It's most fun to do it in a group! Also: It's less fun to ask in ooc if anyone found it and to tell others where you found the sign. The further you are ahead of others, the more loot! :D But truly, it's a lot of fun to rp around this :D

How does this work?
You use the picture above ^^^ to get to the first sign. It's quite obvious I would think :)
The first sign is hidden, just like all other signs, they are never in an obvious place.
The signs are most of the times marked by a red piece of wool surrounded by grey pieces of wool in a huge +.

The signs will tell you something like: " D-T. The Silver harbor has an evil ship..."
D-T stands for Dungeon Trails, so you are sure you got the correct sign. they all say D.T. or D-T first.
Now the clue: This will mean that you have to look in a 'silver harbor' which figuratively is a clue to Port Silver.
In port silver... an evil ship? That must be the nether boat! So the next clue is somewhere on the nether boat?! Yes! there you go! :D Easy :)
And that is how you keep on searching, some might be very hard to solve. Some might be easy to solve, but the place you have to look is so hard to reach, it takes you forever to get there.
THIS IS JUST AN EXAMPLE, Don't waste your time looking on that boat lol

I insist on not using fly for this, because it will also ruin the fun for you. *(and it is illegal!) [<-- fun fact!]

Extra stuff to think about:
You cannot tell at which sign you are "I'm at the sign in Port Silver" Because that gives away where the clue is.
You can tell at which sign you are "I'm already at the 5th sign!" Because that tells us how far your progress is and you can boast around like a boss.

When people are all stuck on the same sign, I might give an additional clue,
when people haven't found anything in too many days / weeks, I will give an additional strategy of solving this kind of signs.

I will never tell you exactly where you can find a sign.

Hey people of HollowWorld? Have FUN!

Last edited:

Lemarc

Lord of Altera
I'm willing to make a small group of people to explore this together, if anyone's interested.
Would surely beats doing this all alone.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I didn't make 'reservé' posts :/ forgot it... AGAIN!
Extra stuff to think about:
You cannot tell at which sign you are "I'm at the sign in Port Silver" Because that gives away where the clue is.
You can tell at which sign you are "I'm already at the 5th sign!" Because that tells us how far your progress is and you can boast around like a boss.

When people are all stuck on the same sign, I might give an additional clue,
when people haven't found anything in too many days / weeks, I will give an additional strategy of solving this kind of signs.

I will never tell you exactly where you can find a sign.

ptiber

El programming zorro
Retired Staff
I can't emphasize how awesome the idea alone is cool.
Do the trail, it will make you visit our vast world of Altera ! Best way to explore new cities ! :D

Lemarc

Lord of Altera
I'm so happy!
I'm... exhausted... it was extreme.
The feels, the stress, the... everything!
The threat of RP death while stuck in a horribly stressing dungeon...
The happiness of looting every single thing in it. (Except a few arrows and fire charges)
And finally, the supreme relief of escaping this death trap!
Whewww...

I'd like to thank personally
- @Piratep00f for making this incredibe event!
- @Baron for the moral suport during my hard times in the dungeon!
- @Samchrist for the huge help locating the clues! (On l'a fait dude!)

And of course, everyone else who helped making this a real thing!

SUCCESS!!

It's 4 am now, started this at 3 pm... I think it's time to go sleep...
I'm so happy...
I nearly died a few times, almost ruined my pants (irl) when making some jumps over an instant death.

Now, I finally have my own exploit as a great adventurer!
This, was wonderful!

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
Wow that is faster than I expected! :p Congratulations Lemarc! Time for me to set out another trail *starts planning* ;)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
btw, Lemarc might have found it all, but it's still a fun thing to do with your friends and might resolve in interesting rp and the dungeon itself is definitely worth the visit.

chrisp

Villager
btw, Lemarc might have found it all, but it's still a fun thing to do with your friends and might resolve in interesting rp and the dungeon itself is definitely worth the visit.
I thought everyone that finshed would get a part of the reward only the first would get first picks not take it all, I am very diapleased with this event I spent all evening on it for nothing. So yeah I think this is unfair that someone with too much time on their hands got their first and that no rewards for all that wasted so much time doing this.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
I thought everyone that finshed would get a part of the reward only the first would get first picks not take it all, I am very diapleased with this event I spent all evening on it for nothing. So yeah I think this is unfair that someone with too much time on their hands got their first and that no rewards for all that wasted so much time doing this.
I don't think you quite get it. You might have thought something, but i never stated that your thought was true, neither did you ask me. You can start disagreeing on stuff that you expected to be different, but that fault is not mine, but your own. I organised this event for Rp-purposes, not to get a giant loot. He had all the right to take it all, anyone would have done the same. You are apparently not here for the game, but you are here for the trophy. You know what is unfair? Calling an interested player 'someone with too much time on their hands'. Disgraceful. Shame on you.

chrisp

Villager
I don't think you quite get it. You might have thought something, but i never stated that your thought was true, neither did you ask me. You can start disagreeing on stuff that you expected to be different, but that fault is not mine, but your own. I organised this event for Rp-purposes, not to get a giant loot. He had all the right to take it all, anyone would have done the same. You are apparently not here for the game, but you are here for the trophy. You know what is unfair? Calling an interested player 'someone with too much time on their hands'. Disgraceful. Shame on you.
you should have told me that their would be 1 winner and it would take hours to finsh and I got no RP value from it at all, all I did was run around solveing riddles. I just thought I would get something out of my efforts.:(