Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Elder Scrolls Online.

Anithola

Lord of Altera
I quite like it so far. Struggling to play at the moment because of too many people trying to get on.
I think I might be comparing it too much with Skyrim but...
-I think the dialogue is lifeless and stiff.
-The combat reminds me of runescape
-The level of detail in the world is kind of disappointing
-The interfaces seem kind of confusing and messy

It is still beta and all, I know, but for a guy that has put 200 hours + into Skyrim I cant help but feel let down.. Just seems like some kind of mix between TES and Runescape IMO..

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
Arrived in Daggerfall. How glorious! Amazing atmosphere. Oh and the tavern! I could rest here all night.

Shame I'm not allowed to post screenshots or videos.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
Mine won't work for some peculiar reason.

-K9

cherbert

Revenge is a dish best served cold.
Founder
Retired Staff
A couple of beta keys for this weekend.

35EX9R9W4CLKK6XYKT4X

PTE3FXPE4P633PWP55RW

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
I don't mean to be a downer. I enjoyed it as far as MMOs go. But I have to say, from my experience, if I took away the iconic art styles and lore and asked myself at the end of that day: "Dummy, who do you think made this game?". I have to say, I would have no idea. I literally would not be able to say "This in an Elder Scrolls game, hands down". I would be completely lost. I mean, what are some of the core things that make people think *Elder Scrolls game!*? I'd say that number one would be tossing items around and dumping them on the floor. Number 2: Kill anyone(Nearly anyone in Skyrim). Number 3: Pick up items that are laying about. I ran up to a weapons rack in game and in all of my previous experiences, if I was playing a TES game, I would be able to take those weapons. And I could not.

I was particularly disapointed with the "Hack and Slash" mechanics. I thought that there wouldn't be any targeting. In fact, I think I remember being was told there was no targeting . . . But it's all targeting, it's just hot targeting(Even tab targeting), it's an illusion of having a free swinging weapon. That was . . disappointing.

In alot of the interviews I'd been watching the devs have really latched to the phrase "Skyrim with friends".(Now, this can be changed by the time the game is actually released) But it wasn't like that at all. There were just tons of people, all over(Beta, I get it). I would like to see a mode in the megaserver settings, or whatever it's called, where I can set my local player population to "Ultra Sparse" or even "Friends Only", that would be nice. That would be the sort of experience where I'm running through the wilds and when I actually see another person I get all *Oh jeez, who is that!? I wonder if their nice? Maybe they'll want to trade? Hmm, no, I haven't seen another person in so long that I'm actually too shy to approach them*.

However, the most disappointing and disjointing thing about the game is as follows:
*Dummy enters town*
*Dummy approaches chicken*
*Town guard stares at Dummy*
*Dummy stomps chicken so hard he makes Colonel Sanders look like an animal rights activist*
*GUARD DOES NOTHING*

Nothing, no screaming, no panicked villagers, no jail time. I just about cried.

King Oguk

Earthspawn King
I don't mean to be a downer. I enjoyed it as far as MMOs go. But I have to say, from my experience, if I took away the iconic art styles and lore and asked myself at the end of that day: "Dummy, who do you think made this game?". I have to say, I would have no idea. I literally would not be able to say "This in an Elder Scrolls game, hands down". I would be completely lost. I mean, what are some of the core things that make people think *Elder Scrolls game!*? I'd say that number one would be tossing items around and dumping them on the floor. Number 2: Kill anyone(Nearly anyone in Skyrim). Number 3: Pick up items that are laying about. I ran up to a weapons rack in game and in all of my previous experiences, if I was playing a TES game, I would be able to take those weapons. And I could not.

I was particularly disapointed with the "Hack and Slash" mechanics. I thought that there wouldn't be any targeting. In fact, I think I remember being was told there was no targeting . . . But it's all targeting, it's just hot targeting(Even tab targeting), it's an illusion of having a free swinging weapon. That was . . disappointing.

In alot of the interviews I'd been watching the devs have really latched to the phrase "Skyrim with friends".(Now, this can be changed by the time the game is actually released) But it wasn't like that at all. There were just tons of people, all over(Beta, I get it). I would like to see a mode in the megaserver settings, or whatever it's called, where I can set my local player population to "Ultra Sparse" or even "Friends Only", that would be nice. That would be the sort of experience where I'm running through the wilds and when I actually see another person I get all *Oh jeez, who is that!? I wonder if their nice? Maybe they'll want to trade? Hmm, no, I haven't seen another person in so long that I'm actually too shy to approach them*.

However, the most disappointing and disjointing thing about the game is as follows:
*Dummy enters town*
*Dummy approaches chicken*
*Town guard stares at Dummy*
*Dummy stomps chicken so hard he makes Colonel Sanders look like an animal rights activist*
*GUARD DOES NOTHING*

Nothing, no screaming, no panicked villagers, no jail time. I just about cried.
It could be worse, in Skyrim chickens could report crimes before they patched it.

DraconDarknight

Lord of Altera
DraconDarknight
DraconDarknight
I played a bit now and TESO seems to make some component in my computer seriously overheat oO.
I play suddenly the picture freezes and not even Alt+F or the Task manager is working anymore.

Worst is the one time I decided to try it windowed to have the CPU and GPU temps on the freezed screen I had a guide opened in the background cause I couldn't find that darn Warrior statue ...

But Its kinda strange...
The music is still playing normally when the freezes happen; So I guess it might just be the GPU, then on the other hand when I restart my computer takes a lot of time to even start EVGA precision (Need it to get the fan speed up - the auto control is bad) which more points to the processor oO.
Yet after pressing reset the computer shows no signs of high internal heat, the Gcard is a a bit warm, but far away from hot - the processor cooler feels like room temperature oO

Anyone got an idea which part is overheating there?

Cutouts from DxDiag:

General:

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16360MB RAM
Page File: 3617MB used, 29101MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

GPU + PhysX (had them in separated cards, but the PhysXs cooler fan got loose and the sound annoyed me...):

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 680
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 4042 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1994 MB
Shared Memory: 2047 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

I know that this is probably no longer up to date for gaming, but considering how the system requirements list a Core 2 Quad this should be more than enough oO - Funniest thing though is Skyrim runs fine lol
No idea what I should do or what the problem is, 1k W main adapter should be sufficient for it (at least according to online calculators).
Only thing I could still do is letting my motherboard overclock everything...

Last edited: