Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

Finished The Garden of Games (organisation thread)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
If you are not much of a reader, a quick description of this event is found at the bottom of this post.

IC:

*You hear a few heavy drums far away, their booming bass-like sound increasing. Horns now join the rhythmical waves of the drums.*

{Is a war coming?}

*The drums increase, they are very close now and you can feel their sound through your chest. As they approach Port Silver, horns are blown again.*

{These are not war horns...} "They are celebration horns!"

*you run to where the sound comes from.*

A big group of instrumentalists walks through the harbor towards the silver palace, through the gate, onward to the palace square. Leading them is Rahm Engem, the Caparii that used to be the scribe of the queen. A horde of people follows the parade until they stop in front of the palace and turn around. Rahm climbs the stairs and adresses all who listen:

"The Queen has been dead for many moons now, but before she died, before I joined the Engems, she gave me a quest that I have recently fulfilled. The war made Queen Leminth sad and angry. To put her mind off of things, she designed a garden. A huge garden, so big it could hold the party of a lifetime. This garden was designed with incredible fountains, lanes of oak trees and games at every corner of the street. Therefor it was to be called 'The Garden of Games'. Before Queen Leminth died, she gave me the map for this garden and told me to build it in secret. Once the war was over and peace restored in Altera, this Garden should be the place to celebrate our best of times. The victory over Queen Grief!"

*It is silent*

"This project was funded by royalty, but nobody sits on the crown anymore. The gardens and the games are open to public, but they lay abandoned now, while there is so much to do! I call upon everyone, march with us in this parade, celebrate our time of peace and enjoy our future. Party at the Garden of Games!"

*The drums start again and the horns are blown, a massive crowd follows the parade towards a huge boat that will take them all to a secret destination: The Garden of Games.*

the garden of games.jpg

OOC: The concept of the Garden of Games
I, Piratep00f, have constructed a server build based on 'the fairgrounds'. The fairgrounds was a place that was used for the celebration of Christmas and new year. It was a temporary thing that was available for a set amount of time. A place where you could eat cake and play some fun games.
I have upgraded this concept. I have changed it into a garden that will stay on the server as long as it lasts. It has taken me days to design and even more days to finish and to let players build their games there. Now it is time to have a grand opening.

How will this event take place?
We will all amass at Port Silver, the Palace Square. From there, after we have assembled, we will take the dockmaster to the Garden of Games. There people will host in rp each game, the games can be played at random times, almost no waiting lines guaranteed!

How can I find the games I want to play?
The garden is divided in a long lane from which you can take side-streets to the games. Each game will be hosted by the player that designed it or a staff member. We will play games, roleplay, celebrate and eat cake.

The games available are:
- Snowball Arena = hosted by: (Staff) *staff will have to do some refills of dispensers every now and then
- Spleef Arena = hosted by: (@Michcat)
- Raft Racing = hosted by: (nobody, just get a boat and race :) )
- Raft Maneuver = hosted by: (nobody, be careful out there! :) )
- Pig racing = hosted by: (staff with creative)
- Hunting = hosted by: (Piratep00f)
- Parkour = hosted by: (noboby, just have fun :) )
- Archery = hosted by: (nobody, just bring a bow and arrows and have fun :) )
- Minecart archery = hosted by: (@Lemarc)
- Fishing contest = hosted by: (@darkkpfire ) *can just take a rod and start fishing as well
- Jousting = hosted by: (@ACU20)
- Fish arena (players run in the arena, trying to avoid being hit by the rods of spectators) = hosted by: (nobody, just run and have fun :) )
- Feast-Garden (a garden full of cake, with in the middle a place to do theater, tell a story, etc.) = hosted by: (who-ever that wants to be a waiter, perform a play, got a story to tell :) )

There are several ways of attending this event:
- Host a game
- Roleplay as waiter, actor, singer, etc. in the feast garden (you can always decide to join games at any time if you do this)
- Join the games
- Enjoy the gardens (lots of special scenery and smaller gardens, including 2 mazes!)
- Explore the gardens (there's treasure! :D)

I think there is enough to do, so much to do even, that I think we can beat that record: Let's get over 100 players of 500 online!

DATE: 4th of January 2014!
TIME: (exact starting time will be determined) 24 hours! Every timezone will be able to join this event!
LOCATION: The Garden of Games *dockmaster will open at day of event*

IMPORTANT: We need Roleplaying Hosts for each event
Hosting an event in roleplay means the following:
You'll be standing at the start / entrance / scoreboard of each event. For instance, take raft racing. You will tell people to get in the boats. You will make sure there are enough contestants, if there is nobody at your game, try getting people to join through rp. (so your char will be shouting. "Join the race, we need 1 more contestant!" And once everyone is set, you pull the lever and the sluice opens for the race to start.
Simple as that! Of course you can add humor, immersion, etc. to it :)

I need hosts for:
- Rafting (hosts= 1st is for raft racing = @gamemonster55 2nd is for raft maneuver =)
- Minecart Archery (hosts = Lemarc, )
- Jousting ( hosts = @ACU20 , @Camernater3 )
- Archery ( hosts = @UmbraSicarius )
- Pig racing ( hosts = @nathanbarnett36 )
- Fish arena ( hosts = )
- Feast garden (hosts = megadonkey , 2 + waiters = moochick, Mokwar, * , 2 + artists / clowns)
- Snowball arena ( town crier / hosts = )

So, who wants to be in the spotlights? Volunteer for any position by leaving a reply below of what you would like to do. :D

the garden of games 01.jpg

Last edited:

Helios

Legend of Altera
Is that a picture of the palace of Verailles huge garden? I remember on my trip to France that this was the same format. Well anyways, i can't wait for this event, well planned!

gamemonster55

Lord of Altera
IMPORTANT: We need Roleplaying Hosts for each event that it says: Nobody.
Hosting an event in roleplay means the following:
You'll be standing at the start / entrance / scoreboard of each event. For instance, take raft racing. You will tell people to get in the boats. You will make sure there are enough contestants, if there is nobody at your game, try getting people to join through rp. (so your char will be shouting. "Join the race, we need 1 more contestant!" And once everyone is set, you pull the lever and the sluice opens for the race to start.
Simple as that! Of course you can add humor, immersion, etc. to it :)

I need hosts for:
- Rafting (2 hosts)
- Archery (1 host)
- Pig racing (1 host)
- Fish arena (1 or 2 hosts, depends if you are a fun commentary duo ;) )
- Feast garden (1 main host, 2 + waiters, 2 + artists / clowns)
- Snowball arena ( 1 town crier)

So, who wants to be in the spotlights? :D
I can host pig racing.

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
'My pigrace track? ;_;

Btw i want to make a bigger one sometime, alot bigger :3
You are already hosting the jousting games :) And you get the credits for the pigracing track of course ;)

Bartooliinii

An Alteran Bard
Patron
Retired Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
Slimy_Froggy
Slimy_Froggy
Patron
multiple hosts per game is allowed, so you can switch when you want to play the games as well :)

ACU20

Legend of Altera
"Git on the horse, take this fish, slap him in the face with this fish."
"That doesn't even make sense"
"Deal with it"
Totally my plan
More like

"A'right mate, what you ar' go- OI MATE LISTEN!" *slaps him in the face with a fish*
*flies away*

And btw, i think it's spelled hosts and not hostst! XD