Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

the great altera rpg!

BrianAT16

The Brainz
Legend
Retired Staff
LeStrangest
LeStrangest
Legend
name: Morganth Rhett
general description: Quite muscular, but very slim, she is often seen wearing a red cloak with black clothing underneath.

personality: Brave, reckless, cold, hot-headed, evil, bent on revenge
where he/she would most likely be doing/at: Probably on the roads stealing from and attacking poeple. You know, evil stuff.
proffession: Bandit Leader
if they are goood/neutral/bad: Baaaad
want them to be playable?(remember i cant have 47 heros): Nah
want any quests to be linked to your character? Sure
anything else?: Nope

Shelly5

Lord of Altera
*pops up* Make sure to make characters animated ^_^

Also, you could use both cameras type, side and bottom in battles

thatguy090

Lord of Altera
@GLaDOS101 sure you can, I mean I already need more things to fill up the world as it is... but if you want any parts of the map I can upload the default map to the workshop...

also when you mean bottom and side views...

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
@GLaDOS101 sure you can, I mean I already need more things to fill up the world as it is... but if you want any parts of the map I can upload the default map to the workshop...

also when you mean bottom and side views...
Naahh, I don't need your map - these locations are faar Southeast, away from our Northern Kingdoms. Thanks though~

thatguy090

Lord of Altera
well I just perfected making enemies in both viewable form (while your walking around the map they bump you and its a battle) and the pokemon kid (just walking and bam your in a battle)

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Oh-? Viewable? halp pls
In RPG Maker, you have an overworld (where you can see your sprites walking around the world) and battle scenes (turn based battles with static enemy graphics). I'll give you an example...

$225[f2].png

This is the overworld Sprite of a Delibird. In RPG Maker this is called a "Character" Sprite.

225.png

And this is a sprite for battles. In RPG Maker, this is called a "Battler" Sprite.

What thatguy means is that he has perfected making both forms of sprites

Centurion

Dark Council Elite
In RPG Maker, you have an overworld (where you can see your sprites walking around the world) and battle scenes (turn based battles with static enemy graphics). I'll give you an example...

View attachment 52556

This is the overworld Sprite of a Delibird. In RPG Maker this is called a "Character" Sprite.

View attachment 52557

And this is a sprite for battles. In RPG Maker, this is called a "Battler" Sprite.

What thatguy means is that he has perfected making both forms of sprites
Ohpff, I know that. I was wondering how he managed to get the character sprites to walk around in the actual game world, instead of the old Final Fantasy game's combat instances.

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
Ohpff, I know that. I was wondering how he managed to get the character sprites to walk around in the actual game world, instead of the old Final Fantasy game's combat instances.
Each sprite in the overworld has 12 frames of movement. 3 per direction. When you select a directional key, it will play those movement frames as per the direction you have chosen.

thatguy090

Lord of Altera
yeah so I can either have enemies try and "bump" into you and start an encounter, and/or have the old, every so many steps you take you get an encounter!

Itzzaboy

King ForumStalker
yeah so I can either have enemies try and "bump" into you and start an encounter, and/or have the old, every so many steps you take you get an encounter!
Speaking from experience, the latter is easier, as making 100% decent collisions is damn near impossible.

You can also do it so that enemy encounters are done via Region IDs as opposed to all over the map.

AusGremlinBoy

Lord of Altera
name: Blunthoof
general description: A kind, pacifist, male caparii (brown fur) with short horns and a slightly tortured past

personality: Pacifist, kind, seems to not try to make any sort of conflict
where he/she would most likely be doing/at: A shack, brewing and other things
proffession: Brewer \o/
if they are goood/neutral/bad: good
want them to be playable?(remember i cant have 47 heros): Not really
want any quests to be linked to your character? Yes, maybe a fetch quest for some brewing ingredients?
anything else?: Nerp

thatguy090

Lord of Altera
well college is certainly bogging down my time on this , however i have made some nice pixel art enemies for it in my spare time , and added some events...

Jayo

Loyal Servant of Altera
name: Marcus Attilus
general description: 6'1 Strong upper body, Brown wavy/curly hair

personality: Generally nice to random people, Passive aggressive most of the time.
where he/she would most likely be doing/at: Being a guard, In Azerport. Or on random missions across the map.
proffession: Soldier
if they are goood/neutral/bad: Good
want them to be playable?(remember i cant have 47 heros): If you feel like it.. Hopefully.
want any quests to be linked to your character? Hunting down all slavers and killing them, Stopping slavery.
anything else?: He is a good fighter, If your ever going to kill him off, Give him a good fight.