Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Great Big Mini Saga Challenge

MRPolo13

The Arbiter of the Gods
Couple of months ago, I decided to try to run for a mini saga contest. My school wasn't exactly willing to cooperate, and even I gave it little thought, so ultimately nothing came of it. But now I feel like sharing a story or two with you guys, and encourage you people to make up your own stories! :D

The rules are as follows:
1. The mini saga HAS to be under 100 words (excluding the title).
2. Despite the word limit, it has to have a cohesive beginning, middle and end.
3. Make the story about anything you'd like.
4. The stories should be written in bold letters so that they are easier to spot amidst potential comments :p

Here are some of my own. They literally took roughly ten minutes each. The second one is my favourite.

The flower of life
The cavalry charged across the empty field, their sabres pointed low. The infantry raised their bayonets, but with little to no hope. The two masses clashed, with a thunderous crash, cutting, stabbing and killing. But through all the death, through all the gore, a single flower rises. Around the horses’ feet it grows, by blood it is strengthened. The red petals shine in the sun, as it expands and as it flourishes. The battle stops as it begun, though bodies litter the field. But through all the death, and all the gore, the flower of life rises.

A stalk in the field
I am a stalk in the field. I stand proudly amidst other stalks, waiting to be diminished. My friends show fear, and in truth so do I. But I stand still, waiting for the scythe to do its deed.
I shall die soon, cut down ruthlessly. I shall die for a cause I will never understand. I shall die for an old man, in a war that isn’t mine. A single strike is what it will take, from someone I will never meet – someone with his own hopes, will kill me and my dreams.

Dying
“I’m dying,” I hear the faint voice. I see my grandmother’s saddened smile, her wrinkles underlining her age-old wisdom.
“Don’t say that,” I hear my father. That is all he could say, choking back tears. “You’ll be all right.”
He knew that to see him cry would be devastating, so he stood strong, though I could see his hands shaking.
“Thank you,” I manage a whisper, then darkness descends upon me.

Uncray

Lord of Altera
I tried...

The Promised Land
I boarded the boat with seeds of hope in my heart, soon to be grown into great flowers of joy, from green sparks to shoots in the rich soil of the promised land. There will be happiness, and we will thrive – but wait – storm clouds are gathering - lightning strikes down white-hot, and the waves are great grey walls of bodies, which crash down on the deck and flood my bones, my lungs, my dreams with ice. There is no warmth in me now as I float, like some kind of mermaid, far under the sea.