Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Guardians

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
guardian crest.png

Once, now long ago, The Guardians swore an oath to defend Altera from powerful beings that wish to see it's destruction. As time went on, these forces dissipated, and the guild lost it's purpose. Thus, the guild slowly but surely evolved into a successful school, free of prejudice and a haven for knowledge-seekers. The shelves were stacked high with tomes of the demons that have plagued the world in the past, so that people can learn from past mistakes and be ready the next time around. The success of the guild changed it's main focus completely, half focusing on the supernatural occurrences of Altera, and half teaching others the important skills of every day life. It was a place of commune, free for teachers to gather their students and use the guilds resources to spread their vast wealth of knowledge to others. Sadly, despite the guildmaster's best efforts the guild fell into ruin at the hands of the corruption, nether-bent on destroying the guild along with the rest of Port Silver..

Yet, as some may already know, the guildmaster stayed true and valiant to the cause, collecting what he could from the debris and being to raise the guild from the ashes once again. The new guild is ready, and waiting for able minds to fill it's halls and spread knowledge freely once more..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

2014-09-11_23.02.16.png

Yes, it's finally back. As it was handled before by myself, it was a crown organisation with the members of the guild being knowledgeable in combat in case demons and horrible things did emerge. Things changed, yadayadayada, and it became more of a school. It remains to be called a guild, as people can still join and become a part of the guardians, and the facilities of the guild will also be used to house the homeless, be used for meetings, and so on~

The members that join this time around will have to be full time teachers, part time teachers, or helpers to the guild. The guild can also stand as a peaceful organisation that stands in between all others, hopefully bridging certain gaps and being able to arrange events from a neutral standpoint. Obviously, the more members to the guild, the more the guild can branch out its influence over Altera and the more representatives it can have to help bridge gaps between aggressive organisations. I digress, since that is not the guilds purpose. You might be wondering, 'I wish to join the guild and become a guardian, but I'm not a teacher/don't have any teaching experience'. That's fine! As long as you're willing to help you're golden in the guilds books, it might just be a little bit more difficult to find a job for your character than if they were a teacher~.

If you're also wondering if you have to be a member of the guild to use the guilds resources to expand your characters knowledge, never fear! The point is the guild has open doors to everyone not looking to oppose or threaten the spread of knowledge or the guild. For example, say your character wishes to learn more about becoming a blacksmith. Well, take a trip to the guild to see if there are any handy books available on the subject, or look for any available teachers currently teaching at the guild and organise with them! Although, I recommend not stealing the books or taking them home to study more, they are the guilds property after all. The guild is also open to donations of books :p
Guildmaster:
- Cloud

Guild Members:
- Storm Lavoyard

Teaching: Swordsmanship

-
-

Allies:
- The Rangers
- Thill Learning Center

Application Form:
IGN
:
Character Name:
Overview of characters skills/teaching abilities (whatever you feel could be useful):
History of wrong doings (think of it as repentance, so the Guild Leaders know of possible weaknesses and dark pasts that may affect how they teach):
Other Allegiances (The Guardians care not, only for references sake):
How you take your coffee:
Finally, that you swear allegiance to the leader of the Guardians, and in turn, the Guild, and that you accept that there is always more that one can learn:

Important Points:
- Returning members are welcome
- No house affiliations
- Construction will most likely always be being done on the guild to help it expand naturally~

Tagged people of relevance, or literally anyone I think might be slightly interested:
@Ced @Deash12 @dacoutts @Arken @ACU20 @Michcat @Gaby @K9 @Kirbyyirby @Scardrac @blargtheawesome @AnyoneElseWho'sInterested

Last edited:

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
Directions to the Guild:

1. Go to your nearest Dockmaster
2. Take a trip to Havarda
3. After spawning at Point 1 ( Shown on the map below) follow the steps up and to the market square
4. From the square head towards the pool of water to the south of the island and take a right
5. Continue down the road, past two houses until you come to the guild on your left; Point 2 on the map, and your destination~
6. As always, profit.

directions.png

Current Living Situation of the Guild:

- There are currently 3 beds available in the guild, due to lower level construction still taking place for suitable living conditions. Talk to Cloud for further details

Catalyst

Lord of Altera
Server Outreach
Good
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him
CatalysTftw
CatalysTftw
Good
IGN: CatalysTftw
Character Name: Storm Lavoyard
Overview of characters skills/teaching abilities (whatever you feel could be useful): Fighting [swordsmanship moreso but anything really], Tactics, Fluent elvish speaker [probably more but I can't think atm]
History of wrong doings (think of it as repentance, so the Guild Leaders know of possible weaknesses and dark pasts that may affect how they teach): Suffers PTSD and depression due to his childhood [child slave gladiator yo], his actions [went mad shortly after escaping slavery and became a very effective bandit] and the necessity for him to fight
Other Allegiances (The Guardians care not, only for references sake): Lavoyard
How you take your coffee: White, no sugar
Finally, that you swear allegiance to the leader of the Guardians, and in turn, the Guild, and that you accept that there is always more that one can learn: Of course

Gaby

Lord of Altera
am I joking? am I not joking? nobody knows.

IGN: ybagthedragonlad
Character Name: Salheira Rain-River
Overview of characters skills/teaching abilities: can teach mythology on the gods (especially Vermella), very good at stonecarving, can teach others how to read and write, can teach others how to avoid danger and live without need for weapons. speaks fae.
History of wrong doings: multiple cases of poor judgement
Other Allegiances: Vermella
How you take your coffee: mint tea
Finally, that you swear allegiance to the leader of the Guardians, and in turn, the Guild, and that you accept that there is always more that one can learn: allegiance to the guild, idk, but she has accepted that there is more she could learn...

IGN: gabythedinogirl
Character Name: Vantash
Overview of characters skills/teaching abilities: he makes toys and can tell folktales. he is also very good with children. trilingual.
History of wrong doings: one time killed an animal because he was angry at his grandmother. the poor squirrel...
Other Allegiances: some highlanders, some moor elves
How you take your coffee: whats coffee
Finally, that you swear allegiance to the leader of the Guardians, and in turn, the Guild, and that you accept that there is always more that one can learn: he really really wants to learn.

K9

Triangles are my favourite shape
Crafter
Retired Staff
K9_Diarmuid
K9_Diarmuid
Crafter
IGN: K9_Diarmuid
Character Name: Light Fuvur-Kav
Overview of characters skills/teaching abilities (whatever you feel could be useful): Light is a decent swordsman, having trained as a squire under Duke Drake. He is also a keen scholar, willing to work and teach with anyone who wishes to learn. However, his true skill lies in his profession, working as a Lapidary.
History of wrong doings (think of it as repentance, so the Guild Leaders know of possible weaknesses and dark pasts that may affect how they teach): In the past, Light was quite 'look before you leap' and did often use the ends to justify means. He was also quite hypocritical and deceptive, manipulating others to do what he viewed to be the greater good.
It is important to note that he has completely changed, and is nothing of his previous self.
Other Allegiances (The Guardians care not, only for references sake): Currently, Light owes no allegiances to anybody.
How you take your coffee: "Creamy, with a half spoon of honey."
Finally, that you swear allegiance to the leader of the Guardians, and in turn, the Guild, and that you accept that there is always more that one can learn: "I swear this oath, and I will always accept that there is always more to learn"

IGN: Ulfberht is on my alt account, grrew509
Character Name: Ulfberht Stålnør
Overview of characters skills/teaching abilities (whatever you feel could be useful): Ulf is an excellent smithy, and could lend his hand to any of those who wish to start off on the path of learning. However, he downright refuses to teach one how to craft any sort of weapon or armor. He also is a decent artist as a whole, and will gladly teach anyone the basics of painting, sculpting and the like. He is a better sculptor than artist, mind you.
History of wrongdoings : What is a wrongdoing being, besides annoying the other peoples? Yes, this is the only wrong doing is can think of.
-
Has fought with two people, resulting in his own death while acting under Arcturus.
-Has killed three people.
Privacy Issues:
Is not really care about this thing or not.
Other Allegiances (The Guardians care not, only for references sake):
How you take your coffee: What is this thing being? The special beans that Dayter is give to Ulfberht? Yes! Is like this thing! How is take? Is... Is take every kind.
Finally, that you swear allegiance to the leaders of the Guardians, and in turn, the Guild, and that you accept that there is always more that one can learn: Oh yes, is do this thing.

(What? Did you really not think I wasn't going to be all over this like salt and vinegar on a bag of hot chips?)

-K9

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
All right, people that have posted applications should find Cloud in game!

Also, a reminder in case it wasn't clear in the first post: You don't have to apply to be taught, just to be a member and/or teacher.

The Living Ghost

Thing One
Retired Staff
+ Tagging past Guardians and people who are interested to people slightly interested :p
+ Pictures added to third post, now with extra default!
+ Allied with Thill's Learning Center

ACU20

Legend of Altera
OI!

I never bloody left so you PUT ME BACK ON THAT LIST MISTER

ROBERT SENATOOR READY TO SERVE!

IGN: ACU20
Character Name: Robert Senatoor
Overview of characters skills/teaching abilities (whatever you feel could be useful): Swords, blacksmithing and building.
History of wrong doings (think of it as repentance, so the Guild Leaders know of possible weaknesses and dark pasts that may affect how they teach): Not really anything "wrong done" but alot of deaths, injuries and brawlsfor different reasons be it good or bad (I forgot, ok)
Other Allegiances (The Guardians care not, only for references sake): House Senatoor/ Lavoyard
How you take your coffee: Hot chocolate
Finally, that you swear allegiance to the leader of the Guardians, and in turn, the Guild, and that you accept that there is always more that one can learn: As always, yes.