Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Life and Times of Keros Kanen

What was your reaction as you read my journal "The Life and Times of Keros Kanen"

• It bored me. Couldn't wait to click away.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheAllBlackMan

Adorable according to Michcat
After you leave, please find and answer my poll.
Eleven years ago, Year 200
A young boy is wandering through the forest clearly lost. This young boy is me. My name is Keros Kanen, but you can just call me Keros for now. In the middle of that day a Creeper ambushed me with its alarming hiss and I began to run away, the Creeper chasing me for several minutes. *Chuckle* This isn't the worst of the hardships I've faced. No, I suffered a much worse turmoil two years ago.

Two years prior, Year 198
My father calls me and I respond. He instructs me to get into a stance. When I question the timing, he usually trains me at sundown so I can practice with Zombies and Skeletons, one glare convinces me to follow his instructions. He said he had his reasons, I thought it was just to torture me. That night I found the real real reason.

My mother laid in a pool of her own blood as the Beast responsible lurked closer and closer to my father. It was four meters (thirteen feet) tall, wide-bodied with slim, almost stick-like limbs, coloured black with piercing yellow eyes and fangs that gleamed in the moonlight. "Now leave my home," my father shouted "you've got your sacrifice."
The Beast replied "Not yet, but your son and daughter will fill the gap nicely." Its voice was thin and raspy, like dragging wheat against glass.
"No!" my father objected. "Take me in their stead."
"Only if your children have to watch you die!"
"Fine, wake them."
The beast quickly ran toward the bedroom I shared with my twin sister and threw open the door, startling us both awake. We tried to get away to no avail. It was too fast and snatched us both up, one in each hand, and threw us into the corner closest to my father. "Now watch as I take your father's life!" the beast roared. It slowly moved toward my father, grasping his head. Then he slowly twisted it, I watched the pain on my father's face as skin and flesh began to tear. Blood began to spew all over the room, covering nearly everything around him, until the head came off, the pain still evident on his face as the Beast's trophy dangled by the hair. "Now that he's out of the way, I think I'll take care of you two!" The Beast nonchalantly tossed the head over its shoulder and within a half of a second he had my sister in his clutches and ripped her in half, top to bottom, throwing the pieces to the side. In that instant things started to move in slow motion. I immediately took its back and punched it, knocking its arms off from the sheer force. As the Beast crumpled to the ground, its blue blood spraying as my father's did, it uttered these words. "My daughter will avenge me." Once it finished its final words I crushed the foul creature's skull, causing it to disappear in a puff of grayish-green smoke. Once the Beast was gone I saw the arms and realized I knocked them off with my first blow. "What is this power I have? Why was it given to me? How did I call upon it? Should I continue to use it?" I asked all these questions aloud as I stayed in my home for another hour, and decided to leave the place in the morning.

TheAllBlackMan

I awoke in my bed the next day, the smell of blood still hanging in the air. After barely any sleep I grabbed anything I could carry, mostly food, and went on my way. A man alone I had nothing but my thoughts and my shadow keeping me company. This will be hard, no doubt.

I returned home three days later, making the journey in less than half a day. I pushed that to the back of my head as I began to dig my family's graves. As I did so I began to wonder about the speed and strength I showed when I slayed the Beast. Was it just my body? No, I've experienced that before and it wasn't strong enough. I lack any magical ability, so that's ruled out. It must be some strange power I was born with. This leaves me with two questions. One: How did I trigger this ability? And Two: Can and should I use it again?

I decided to sleep on those questions and in the morning I came to the conclusion that my need for revenge triggered my power. Not only that I find that I am, in fact, apprehensive about it. One thing is clear, I don't want to use my ability ever again!

One mystery solved leaves another. Why did the Beast choose those last words? Who is its daughter? Was it deceiving me about the gender? Did it know I would think that if I survived? I may never know.

Current day, year 211

It's just after my twenty-first birthday, and I see a gigantic wall. I enter the city to a warm welcome from people all across the land. "What is this place?" I say.
"You have just entered Port Silver, capital city of Altera." replies a total stranger.
"Al... Altera? I've been wandering for thirteen years, and I know nothing of this place."
"You will learn in due time"

What question should I answer next?
1. Who was the beast?
2. What did it say about a sacrifice?
3. Who is its daughter?

Megan

Sorrows Warrior
uhm... anyone who can punch something's back and knock its arms off is a bit too powerful... Might i suggest looking at the rp profile help forums on how to create non-op characters?

TheAllBlackMan

uhm... anyone who can punch something's back and knock its arms off is a bit too powerful... Might i suggest looking at the rp profile help forums on how to create non-op characters?
What's the point of having it if I won't use it?