Medieval & Fantasy Minecraft Roleplaying

Greetings Explorer, Navigate into the Lobby!

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Be sure to "Get Whitelisted" to join the community on server!

The Moor Elves

Yoda

Lord of Altera
Sorry for the revival of this, but I'm a little confused. What's happening to any Moor Elves currently living? Can I continue to use mine? I presume they continue as no actual changes have been made, but I'd like to doublecheck before I start using my Moor Elven character again.

Michcat

i'm the wench if you're the cake ;)
Its no longer in the Official Lore for reasons listed above, but characters can largely hail from whatever sorts of culture the players heart desires (Given it isn't too ridiculous, of course).

So ye, you can use whatever you'd rather. Stuff like this is still a part of the Alteran history regardless!

xXxOneLovexXx

Villager
So these are the Drow ( Night , Dark, Cave, whatever you want to call them Elves ) of this lore. I haven't read everything yet ( Brand new, just registered on the site, it was incredibly annoying because of the last question and the fact that it just suddenly made the account ) , I'm slowly working on it , but could I have my favorite Drow character, Pandora, be about.. 11 months to 5 years old? I haven't seen anything just yet about character specifics, so I might just haven't found it out yet. He is always an orphan when I play him, normally from being abandoned for some reason, or simply his parents being killed, depending on the Drow of the servers ( In this case his parents are dead )

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
So these are the Drow ( Night , Dark, Cave, whatever you want to call them Elves ) of this lore. I haven't read everything yet ( Brand new, just registered on the site, it was incredibly annoying because of the last question and the fact that it just suddenly made the account ) , I'm slowly working on it , but could I have my favorite Drow character, Pandora, be about.. 11 months to 5 years old? I haven't seen anything just yet about character specifics, so I might just haven't found it out yet. He is always an orphan when I play him, normally from being abandoned for some reason, or simply his parents being killed, depending on the Drow of the servers ( In this case his parents are dead )
I do believe that if you find an agreeing person or couple of players with their characters in a relationship, you can have your child character be raised by them, even birthed by them. But even without actual player characters as parents, your character doesn't have to be an orphan. They can be 5 with npc parents that just aren't really seen. At least that's how I understand it.

Last edited:

Ratchat620

Lord of Altera
If you're character is an orphan you shoud contact @mokwar 'cause she has an orphanage in Twilight Falls :)

Sankera

Lord of Altera
In-Game Tech Staff
Merchant
Staff
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Sea_of_Fog
Sea_of_Fog
LegendMerchant
Or you become a flying ninja dragon killing demi god orphan assassin

xXxOneLovexXx

Villager
I do belief that if you find an agreeing person or couple of players with their characters in a relationship, you can have your child character be raised by them, even birthed by them. But even without actual player characters as parents, your character doesn't have to be an orphan. They can be 5 with npc parents that just aren't really seen. At least that's how I understand it.
It's normally my thing when joining a server for the first time. Just like them - I'm alone, no one to guide me at first, I don't know anyone. I can be taken in, given advice, a home, until I am 'old enough' to go out into the world on my own. If you know of someone that would take him in, please say, since I'm still not entirely sure I'll be allowed to have an 11 month old, which is the age I always start him as whenever I'm allowed.

NIAH

The Lurker
Retired Staff
It's normally my thing when joining a server for the first time. Just like them - I'm alone, no one to guide me at first, I don't know anyone. I can be taken in, given advice, a home, until I am 'old enough' to go out into the world on my own. If you know of someone that would take him in, please say, since I'm still not entirely sure I'll be allowed to have an 11 month old, which is the age I always start him as whenever I'm allowed.

Hey! These are some really great questions! What I would suggest, however, is going ahead and doing a whitelist application first. If the staff reviewing your application sees any issues with your character and preferred starting age, they'll let you know in your application. Definitely read up on the lore of the server and over the Moor Elf information here, though keep in mind the staff comments you see in this thread.

Though, for my own personal opinion, it seems kind of difficult to start out as an orpahned eleven month old, mostly because your RP is limited and well... mobility, at that age. But again, go ahead and work on a whitelist application and go from there. :3

xXxOneLovexXx

Villager
Hey! These are some really great questions! What I would suggest, however, is going ahead and doing a whitelist application first. If the staff reviewing your application sees any issues with your character and preferred starting age, they'll let you know in your application. Definitely read up on the lore of the server and over the Moor Elf information here, though keep in mind the staff comments you see in this thread.

Though, for my own personal opinion, it seems kind of difficult to start out as an orpahned eleven month old, mostly because your RP is limited and well... mobility, at that age. But again, go ahead and work on a whitelist application and go from there. :3
Yeah, but that actually can be used to my advantage as well.. Plus Pandora can't talk unless his illness ( One affecting his lungs partially, making him have coughing fits like asthma, and his vocal cords. It can be cured, but he'll always be soft spoken afterwards. He learns words a bit more quickly because he doesn't need to work on sounds, and tends to 'talk' by mouthing words until he's older and knows how to write ) and children around his age can crawl everywhere ( My family has a ton of kids.. I know from experience )
I've read the Moor Elves thing, the typical Drow that Pandora will not be from his nature ( And possibly on how he was raised ) , and I'm working on reading everything else. Once I get done reading, I'll go ahead and submit an app, I just wanted to know if I could possibly have him as his usual starting age

mokwar

Yū Yi
Evil
mokwar
mokwar
Evil
Oh and also I know someone who takes in a lot of kids @Landem. Why aren't you working with @mokwar at the oprhange?!?
Bu-
If you're character is an orphan you shoud contact @mokwar 'cause she has an orphanage in Twilight Falls :)
SHE?!

On a more serious notes. Twilight Falls has a church/cathedral that has been remodeled into an orphanage.
Your child character could come from there ^^

dUMMY

Dead Man Walking
Dummyplug
Dummyplug
Yeah, but that actually can be used to my advantage as well.. Plus Pandora can't talk unless his illness ( One affecting his lungs partially, making him have coughing fits like asthma, and his vocal cords. It can be cured, but he'll always be soft spoken afterwards. He learns words a bit more quickly because he doesn't need to work on sounds, and tends to 'talk' by mouthing words until he's older and knows how to write ) and children around his age can crawl everywhere ( My family has a ton of kids.. I know from experience )
I've read the Moor Elves thing, the typical Drow that Pandora will not be from his nature ( And possibly on how he was raised ) , and I'm working on reading everything else. Once I get done reading, I'll go ahead and submit an app, I just wanted to know if I could possibly have him as his usual starting age
Another little bit of info for ya: The fastest you can age your character is one year per IRL week. See the Thread on aging HERE.

However, if you have further questions about how to make your specific character and/or what rules to take notice of, you should make a new thread HERE. Because we are mucking up this lore thread with off-topic discussion :p

xXxOneLovexXx

Villager
Another little bit of info for ya: The fastest you can age your character is one year per IRL week. See the Thread on aging HERE.

However, if you have further questions about how to make your specific character and/or what rules to take notice of, you should make a new thread HERE. Because we are mucking up this lore thread with off-topic discussion :p
Another usual thing for servers, but I love playing children, simply because it's easier to learn everything, including lore that isn't necessary for making an app but still might prove uselful later on, so I don't mind waiting forever to age him. And alright ^^